Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/12/2002 11:39:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2002 11:45:48 AM EDT by Waverunner]
[url]www.seaworthysys.com/wtc[/url] or [url]http://attacked911.tripod.com[/url] Has anyone seen this movie on the WTC attack? The first site is a mirror of the 2nd link. It is a 7meg load so if you don't have a cable connection it will take some time. I think of all those parents lost. This being Mothers day it is well worth the wait. I hope you can watch it. Hey Marc! just making the URL's hot...Ray
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:41:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:06:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/12/2002 12:08:28 PM EDT by Waverunner]
Let me get deadly serious here for a moment: After watching this brief movie many mixed emotions came right back. Anger, Shock, Rage, Horror, Disbelief, Sadness...take your pick. As someone that was there, someone that has worked the insane hours without end, someone that has been to the funerals of fellow service personell, I just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone that has supported the people of New York. [usa] [b]You bastard terrorists, we're not done with you yet![/b] [size=6][b]"[red]All[/red] [white]Gave[/white] [blue]Some[/blue], [red]Some[/red] [white]Gave[/white] [blue]All[/blue]"[/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:07:01 PM EDT
This should be required watching for all high school age kids, so many of whom take everything this country offers them for granted.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:35:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:59:45 PM EDT
Helldog40 yea Steve sounds like a nice guy. He is sending me a CD for nothing. But I am going to send the $10.00. It goes to help that 4 yr old girl. I saw it when it first came out. Then the bandwidth was eaten up. Every time I hear that music I can't get the images out of my head. This weekend I had to try again. Then someone from my kids baseball team sends me the mirror link. It was like a message from God. I E-mailed Steve because one of those pictures is the Guy from Cabrini Hospital. He was a friend who went back in to look for his wife. Somehow there was a picture of him in the stairwell. This is a Messed up Mothers day for me. I just keep thinking of all those people lost and the fact I can kiss my Mom. They never will, anyway this to shall pass they tell me. Waverunner I guess you tacked it up. I know what you mean and feel. Also I saw the post at Glocktalk on John Carney. Few words but to the point.. Hey Tom what’s up we all need to get together but I guess it will be at the BRC. There are other sites to view this. He just E-mailed me. If there are any problems I will post his Site and the one related to Gulf War and Nam POW’s.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:03:41 PM EDT
Every time I see the photo of the airliner heading into the tower, all I can think is, " THOSE F***in' A**HOLES! It get's me all worked up. Don't get me started. INDEED!! [50]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:43:56 PM EDT
EDPMEDIC, Thanks for the link. It was a touching movie. Although I was only involved in the Pentagon aspect, I know many who responded to the WTC. No matter how bad things were looking where I was, I knew that you guys in NYC were in a much worse place. The destruction was unreal. As a medic and former EMSer I can assure you your service will never be forgotten.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:18:49 PM EDT
Dam Bud you had it just had pad.. A jet flie’s into the pentagon it explodes and jet fuel is all over. It goes through 5 sections of you building. You respond and see dead people all over body parts and the smell and smoke with the dust suffocates you. You guys had it Just has bad, but people didn't see it because you are MILITARY.. Bull you are humans set to higher standards that did a fine job doing what you had to. My helmet is off to you and all that had no choice to keep working. God Bless all of us,,,,,This was a very weird Mothers Day. It shows because I have been sitting and BS at the computer instead of being downstairs with my family. I do hate isolation but I need time people not asking me how you feel and did you hear about this and that crap...I have been in a bad space for 2 days and the pain don't help.....Thanks for being there guys. I can't wait to finally get away to the BRC and take a deep breath of different air, It all smells like death to me here.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:41:18 PM EDT
I don't think I will ever loose the hatred I have for those murderers who turned one of mankinds most beautiful creations (767) into a WMD. Don't think I ever knew true hatred until that day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:06:32 AM EDT
AlBob, that is the picture that brings it all home to me also. Every time I watch that movie I am crying like a baby.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:18:17 AM EDT
Very moving, even with the sound turned off here at work... the_reject
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:53:15 AM EDT
Had to close the window after watching for only a few minutes. Guess I'm not ready to relive those emotions again. It is sure a well put together clip though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:49:32 PM EDT
edp I am on duty here at the firehouse and could'nt get the link to activate. Our computers are set up to block stuff like that but thankfully I am able to surf ar15.com. God bless you and wave and all the brothers up in NY. Unfortunately this thing is only just begining. Look at what happened today alone. A rental truck with explosives, threats of a nuclear power plant attack on July 4th and worries over terrorists detonating a nuke smuggled in a shipping container. Stay safe boys, it takes a special human being to be in this busines these days.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:56:01 PM EDT
[pissed]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:57:23 PM EDT
... I just NOW got back from working in downtown Manhattan for about a week. I met up with a supplier who's office was just a couple blocks away. Him and his staff went onto the roof that morning and took quite a few high resolution digital photos. He burned me a CD of them and I looked at them on the flight home tonight on my laptop. Frightening as Hell. Several images of souls jumping never published. Some grewsome images of impact aftermath too. An attorney next to me begged for a copy. Didn't oblige him though. ... While there I actually went INTO the pit by bribing a truck driver that was waiting in line to retrieve a load early Sunday morning. It was all surreal to me and I felt as if my heart was in my throat all along. ... The whole event 9/11 changed my life forever. This week was kind of a "closure" as corny as that sounds. But at least I finally saw "it". I brought some rubble home and put it on my shelf next to my P/C to always serve as a reminder. ... Yeah, as if I needed one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:56:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:01:02 AM EDT
Its Amazing to me... It hasn't even been a year... And SO many people have forgoten. I realize life has to move on, but it still sickens me to see people be so "normal" regarding the terrible act. -Jared
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:04:50 PM EDT
Let me tell you its ok to get back to normal. It is not that they forgot it is life goes on. The problem is not to get complacent and forget that it could and will happen again. I wish I could have one day of not thinking about it. I wish I could get that acrid taste out of my mouth. I constantly feel like my tongue and throat are burning. There are days I still feel like the dust is on me. I hope people will start living normal but never ever forget. We might be indivisible with liberty and justice for all, but we are not indestructible. That song on that CD will never be the same, and those images will never be forgotten. I am glad I could come to this site and share my feelings with all of you. Thank you for keeping me from going totally insane.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:58:35 PM EDT
link to the same thing, but sound quality is better. [url]http://www.angelfire.com/az2/zr1/wtc/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:07:52 AM EDT
I don't know whether to cry or book a flight to Afganistan to get some payback
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:41:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cmymud: Thank You for that link. WE MUST NEVER EVER FORGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
I still don't feel vindicated!!! I think that we're already starting to forget. Afghanistan will not be enough for me! DEATH TO THE MUSLIM!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:58:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2002 11:24:10 AM EDT by edpmedic]
Please do not over generalize all Muslim's. Revenge is one thing but total destruction is another..And yes I know that they SOME want all JEWS dead. Are you willing to kill Children and Babies to destroy their religion? You know an other image that gets to me is the one on Time Magazine Cover. The one when Sadam killed the Kurds wit Gas. Anyone remember the Mother lying with the baby in her arm. Both lying face up? We need to get those who will destroy us not wipe out a whole race.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 11:51:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:35:24 PM EDT
Thank you! I believe all Americans should watch this at least once a month. Never forget! [USA]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:31:07 PM EDT
What is there to say...Simply the most moving piece I have ever seen. I ordered a CD, so that my daughter can see it when she grows up. This should be force fed to every American, especially the Liberals. Never Forgive, Never Forget.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:53:10 AM EDT
Thank You for the links.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:34:42 PM EDT
I just cannot understand why we just dont get rid of every single arab in our country and start vaporizing countries like Iran , Iraq , Syria and Yemen Forget political correctness , these people will not stop until we are all destroyed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:59:40 PM EDT
I couldnt make it all the way through the video. I was choking back tears. It makes me so mad!!!!! I dont know why we are not just nuking countries that harbor terrorists. We forget about all of the people that died, When you see the wtc's fall you just see the buildings, you dont see all of the innocent people inside dying.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:26:21 PM EDT
A complete collection of biographical sketches of vicims of the 9/11/01 WTC/Pentagon attack [image]http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/promos/nyregion/torres-metro.jpg[/image] [url]http://www.nytimes.com/pages/national/portraits/index.html[/url]
Top Top