Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 6:19:09 AM EDT
The article is behind the subscription firewall, but the 9 pictures that accompany it are not.

The captions are long and pretty much sum up the article.

You can view them here.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#1]
AK's are decent rifle and perfect for a conscript force
AR's are more ergonomicly sound and allow for quicker reloads and point more natural...

They both work for the intended purpose
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's just hope they maintain them better than I think they will. The M16 doesn't like to be neglected. They should give them the nickel plated, gas piston POF rifles that need very little maintenance. Hell, our guys should get those too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
First Flattop M16s, Probably give them ACOGS & Aimpoints next.
Lets hope all turns out ok over there & we do not end up on the receiving end!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
oh man this is a bad idea..........
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I think AK's would do them just fine.  Imagine how much cheaper it'd be to equip them with AK's also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
We would be securing them AKs anyway (on top of the handguns that we have provided), so I don't think that there is any more danger in supplying them these M16s.  

It may leave room for US companies to provide them with service and support related to these weapons in the future.  

That being the case, perhaps we should have talked the Iraqi forces into adopting the Israeli Galil.  

The platform is closer to what they are used to using, and it would lead to a business relationship between Iraq and Israel.  

Of course that probably would have been a hard sell, but I'm sure some govt minister could have been conned into it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top