Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 9:48:23 AM EDT
Just wached "Hard Target with Jean Claude Van Dammit-WORST MOVIE EVER.   Everyting they shot exploded with sparks and flame.  That move set record lows
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
anybody have any examples.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Just so I won't get flamed like TAC-GIRL did, I would say [b][u]any[/u][/b] movie that has anybody shooting with the 2-gun technique!  

Just my .02 doggie doo doo worth!

-RoadDog  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:25:49 AM EDT
[#3]
shooting off pad locks or locked doors w/ a handgun.  anyone who has ever shot junk out in the hills can tell you that i would take all day to shoot open a locked steel door with a handgun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#4]
but the two fisted guns akimbo big bad mister woo style is fun! i once did it with 2 ruger mark 2's im not crazy enough to try it with anthing more than a 22.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:28:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The worst one I can recall is Barb Wire with Pamela Lee (Anderson whatever). Don't get me wrong, loved the nude action. But firing a Desert Eagle with one hand (or two fisting them) and the pistol barely recoils is pure BS. Not to mention the hiding behind a 55 gal drum for cover (most common cover in most stupid movies).  To bad a 9mm can zip right through one of those things.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Any show or movie where they fire more than a reasonable amount of rounds out of an automatic without reloading...it gets ridiculous.

I do remember in one of the Lethal Weapon movies, Gibson did drop and replace the mag in his 92F. I was impressed.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]
theres alot like that one bong movie shooting a ak without a mag in it
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#8]
What about the A-TEAM. w/ their mini 14's. No one ever got shot!  So Gay!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

but the two fisted guns akimbo big bad mister woo style is fun! i once did it with 2 ruger mark 2's im not crazy enough to try it with anthing more than a 22.
View Quote

uhhh...cyrax777, now you did it!  I could hear "flame-fest" part 2 coming up!  Didn't we learn from TAC-GIRL's mistake?  Ha ha Good luck, Bro!   [:)]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate when more than twenty rounds are shot out of a revolver, or an M60 that never needs a new belt.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#11]

What about the A-TEAM. w/ their mini 14's. No one ever got shot! So Gay!
View Quote

And you gotta love it when they "armored" the van with sheet metal.  LOL.  Swiss cheese anyone?  [heavy]

What was sadder was that it WORKED!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#12]
You wanna see THE worst representation of firearms and gun owners EVER to appear in a movie?

Rent the film "It's All The Rage" and try not to throw up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#13]
M4: why waste the money on the rental fee or even my time!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw a movie with eric roberts in it called "The Alternate".  In one scene a guy shoots a M16 gangsta style.

In another winner called "Born Bad" the entire swat entry team has rem 700's. Oh ya, and when these guns are shouldered they automatically make a shotgun racking sound.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#15]
be careful when you say "two fisted" and Pamela Lee in the same sentence!

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
and when these guns are shouldered they automatically make a shotgun racking sound.
View Quote

I HATE THAT!! Its not just with 700s.  ITS ANY DAMN GUN!  Whenever the gun [i]moves[/i], moves from any sudden movement...it racks like a shotgun.  PISSES ME OFF!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#17]
in Hard Target-he was emptying the full shells out of his shotgun, and they were landing on the ground with the typical klink, klink sound a brass makes...pretty stoooopid.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#18]
In hard target a .223 round blows the head off
a cement statue.

In ransom the guy fleeing on the ATV is shooting
a berretta 92F,but the slide isn't moving.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Check out the first lethal weapon with Mel Gibson.  When he's at the indoor firing range and impresses Danny Glover with that smilie face that "he shoots out in the target", if you notice, he (Mel) CLOSES HIS EYES EVERY TIME he pulls the trigger.  To me, thats great shooting!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#20]
 If you wanna see some funny sh*t, catch "Bridge of Dragons" on cable and make an attempt to sit through it.
 Typical Dolph Lundgren fare, where he gets off at least 25 rounds from a P38 before he even has an op to reload, but does he reload?
Nooooooo way baby.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Southern Comfort, A squad armed with M-16s loaded with blanks?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
So how about the draft dodger Stallone shooting
an RPG INSIDE a helicopter. Not to mention
an M60 with a never ending belt.  Or Bruce
Willis in an elevator wearing a ripped t-shirt,
and finding a never ending supply of mags for a pistol, while shooting all the bad guys.
 In the film, "Secret Invasion," (1967) There
was an obvious lack of ammo, as the guns went off, plenty of noise, but nothing from the MP40
barrels.  John
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Southern Comfort, A squad armed with M-16s loaded with blanks?
View Quote

They were National Guard on training maneuvers though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#24]
"Way of the Gun" where del Torro uses his Galil to only shoot walls, no attention to target acquisition.
Ken
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Anaconda - Jennifer Lopez firing a bolt-action rifle as fast as she can pull the trigger.

-Andy

"Can you describe the suspect?" "Um, it was some guy in a hat...."
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#26]
 ANY movie where they hide behind a wooden table,door,wall,trash barrel,parking meter,man in chicken suit outside of restaraunt etc. and never get hit by rounds penetrating their flimsy cover.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#27]
  That movie with Antonio Banderas where he plays the Mexican with the guitar case full of guns. He's in that bar fighting off endless bad guys with automatic weapons. Walking across the bar with two pistols, and it looks like he's trying to throw the guns at someone every time he shoots. And the behind the back shots he takes are extra special.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#28]
This movie was so forgetable, that I don't remember the name but it was your typical jailhouse "Homeboys" trained by a sympathetic veteran and turned into a ninja super solders. And to clear their criminal records, they have to rescue some prisoners or some crap like that.

Anyway, there is a scene with this Bandana wearing tuff guy shooting his M-16 one handed like Rambo, and it looked like he was trying to stab his distant target with every shot. He kept thrusting his gun violently screaming "Come on Mang, get some... Uhhhnnn Uhhhnnn Uhhhhnnn!" I couldn't stop laughing, even when he got blown away protecting his buddies.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#29]
 It was called "Soldier Boyz" and it blew like a noreaster.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Dig through the oldies and find the old tv show Kalifornia highway patrol, it will show you what a deadeye Broadrick Crawford was with the old detective special at 50 to 100 yards against a person with better firepower, and it only took one shot.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Any movie where they use a pistol as a hammer to drive nails.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
  That movie with Antonio Banderas where he plays the Mexican with the guitar case full of guns. He's in that bar fighting off endless bad guys with automatic weapons. Walking across the bar with two pistols, and it looks like he's trying to throw the guns at someone every time he shoots. And the behind the back shots he takes are extra special.
View Quote
                                           DESPERADO......Cheech Marin was the bartender.....banderas had a pair of p90`s....one of the WORST!!!!!!![puke].....[grenade]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mr Clean:
So how about the draft dodger Stallone shooting
an RPG INSIDE a helicopter. Not to mention
an M60 with a never ending belt.  Or Bruce
Willis in an elevator wearing a ripped t-shirt,
and finding a never ending supply of mags for a pistol, while shooting all the bad guys.
 In the film, "Secret Invasion," (1967) There
was an obvious lack of ammo, as the guns went off, plenty of noise, but nothing from the MP40
barrels.  John
View Quote
Didn't Chuck Norris do the same with a LAW in Missing in Action.  Never even singed a hair on any of the POW's behid him?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#34]
these gang movies, the way they tilt the gun. If I ever get into a gun fight(hope it does'nt happen) I hope the dumb SOB tilts his gun like that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By black&green:
Quoted:
View Quote
                                           DESPERADO......Cheech Marin was the bartender.....banderas had a pair of p90`s....one of the WORST!!!!!!![puke].....[grenade]
View Quote

Makes me gag every time............
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#36]
OK, not the WORST, but honorable mention goes to Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing."

Two fisted .45s, with no recoil, limitless magazine capacity, and bad guys getting literally picked up and thrown through windows after taking hits - now thats stopping power.

The movie was pretty good mindless entertainment. Aslo, considering I watched it while falling asleep repeatedly, the plot was easy enought to follow. I would nod off, then wake up just in time for a gun fight - I saw A LOT of gunfights, and I know I must have slept through others! No shortage of action, just a shortage of realism. Guns were cool though. Also kinda like the whole sepia-tinted thing they had going - made the movie almost FEEL like west Texas.

Adam
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
these gang movies, the way they tilt the gun. If I ever get into a gun fight(hope it does'nt happen) I hope the dumb SOB tilts his gun like that.
View Quote

Just pray he doesn't have a set of the HomeBoy Nyte Sytes [;)]

[url]http://www.birdman.org/products/homeboy1.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"Way of the Gun" where del Torro uses his Galil to only shoot walls, no attention to target acquisition.
Ken
View Quote

Gotta agree with that - in a film that for the most part had really decently directed gunplay, even tactical reloads, realistic one-hand reloads, etc., that cheesy scene where he stitches the wall with a Galil (which sounds suspicously like a BAR, BTW) in a [i]perfectly straight, evenly-spaced line of holes[/i] really irritated me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#40]
one of the otehrs is when they have a gun at someones head/back and then before they go to shoot him they rack the slide to chamber a round  every damn gun movie ive seen i swear almost every one has that in it
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]
How about when an "open" cylinder on a revolver is spun making a ratcheting sound. I've seen this in too many movies to name.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#42]
As much as I hate to say it, the movie "The Patriot" has proven that the flint-locked, smooth-bore pistol of the 1700's is the most accurate handgun ever produced.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 11:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Guys (talking about tilting) I really hate to piss on your picnic, but there is ONE AND ONLY ONE situation where that is an acceptable form of gunhandling...

Firing automatic weapon (M16, M4, M231) out the door of a Helo.  You then lay the weapon on its RIGHT side (and right side only!) so the ejected brass will go nowhere NEAR the rotor.  Watch Willem DaFoe near the end of "Clear and Present Danger" for a practical example - good attention to detail in the gunplay there...

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#44]
The thing i like most is the no one ever shoulders a long arm, they always shoot from the hip yet they can make a head shot at 1000 yards. gotta love hollywood. AND last nite i watched "the substitute" on tv (IBG MISTAKE) and in the gunfight at the end, everyone was using suppressed MP5's, but the muzzle flashes were huge!!!!! [uzi]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#45]
oh, and i forgot something else. frag grenedes blow like they were napalm or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top