Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2002 9:28:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahhhh the city life, you people got it good.

BTW - Congratulations on getting out of the projects.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
wow, that really looks like a complete shithole.  So the police sit outside the building and your car still gets broken into?

Keving67
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats on getting the new place...and leaving the s#*t hole behind. Almost like Christmas in May.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Yum, what an excellent selection of photos.

Doesn't the future look great?[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rolleyes2.gif[/img]  

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]  

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#6]
It wouldn't have taken me this lomg to move out of that neighborhood. I take it you must live in the Twin Cities? When I spent a brief amount of time there, it seemed like there were quite a few nice, quiet semi-rural communities on the outskirts. That's where I'd be looking.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya, I've seen those apartments when I used to drive along 94 to St. Paul. Glad that I never had to get any closer to them than a highway viewing. Happy to hear your moving out of that place, bad place, or so I am told. Good luck on the East River road area, at least it might be closer to campus for you :)
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Dood! Are you going to the U? If so what major? Ever considered UND or NDSU? Even SCSU or UMD. I'm from rural MN and went to UND, suited me better. Congrats on getting out of there! I was just down in the Shittys. Infact the GF and I drove Central (65) all the way to the river for dinner at the Nicolet Island Inn. It is an interesting drive from Ham Lake 'burb to the ghetto.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#11]
So nice to see pictures of home. [>(]Parents live in St. Paul, only a few blocks from the first ring subrub, but now, going to school in Mankato, I miss all the action that is going on in the city, it sucks when you're there, but it's a part of life. Granted, you live in one of the worse areas of the cities, good luck with the new apartment. the river road area is nice, will probably seem like paradise to you though. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats dude!  
That place looks like you might want to be very careful about keeping your guard up until you have left with your final load of stuff.  Save your celebrating for then.  Murphy lives for this kind of s**t.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No ammount of education is worth living in a place like that, son.

I spent a couple of months living in a boarding house that some gangbanger was selling crack out of. I got out of there as soon as I could, left the area since I couldn't afford any thing better in that area.
View Quote

I disagree.  He's getting a great education! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Reminds me of Cabreeny Green {sp?}.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude, I saw a post a while ago about your neighborhood and I've been hoping you'd be able to get out of there.  Glad you're finally moving!  Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Guess I will just stay in Canada!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#17]
call me  a fool, but while you are packing yore stuff tou may get unexpected visitors.

maby some fellow ar15.commers could go help you get the f*ck out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's the neighboring "Ghetto In The Sky", AKA "The Crack Stacks" where over 12,000 Somali people ran to in the 1990's
View Quote

Ah, Minnesota. Land of Hubert Humphrey Liberalism. Well, someone's got to take the Somalis, right? Better you than me!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I really hate to say but the only cure for places like this is nuclear.

sniper1az
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#21]
What a killer place! And you're leaving such a 'target rich enviroment'?  If you can't afford a silencer then a high end air rifle should work - and not alarm the neighbors/tip off the cops.

Congrats on getting out of there. Back in college, I lived for a very short time in a place with a rat problem. Landlord didn't believe me at first.  Mr. Colt's 1911 .45 spalttered some evidence, used a stick & spoon to gather it up in a plastic bag and staple gunned to the landlord's door. I moved out in the very near future and the landlord even returned my deposit in full.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I am looking for a new place, what is the rent like.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Ahhhh, Riverside.  I don't know what is better, being so close to Franklin Ave. & all the drunk FBI's (that's full blooded native Americans to us politically-correct), or the fact that MN has turned in to Little Somalia.

Of course the suburbs have Betty McCollum, Democrat, who led the Pledge of Allegiance in the US House the other day & deliberately left out "under God."  The suburbs also have the distinguished Jesse Ventura.  Look in this weeks' TIME mag for his insight.

Of course the city of Minneapolis balances that with the likes of Brian Herron & Joe Biernat, two good Democrats I believe.  One is a convicted-felon-former-City-Council-member & one is a newly-indicted-City-Council-member.  Kind of interesting to watch the Democratic new guard follow in the footsteps of the Chicago old guard, i.e., bribery.  And, no it isn't even close to the conditions in Cabrini Green.

On the plus side, you are only a few blocks from Whiskey Junction, the Cabooze, & Easy Riders.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Geez man, no wonder you're at www.AR15.com.....

Hell, you need cover fire just to walk to the bus stop......
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I really hate to say but the only cure for places like this is nuclear.

sniper1az
View Quote
nuclear!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ahhhh, Riverside.  I don't know what is better, being so close to Franklin Ave. & all the drunk FBI's (that's full blooded native Americans to us politically-correct), or the fact that MN has turned in to Little Somalia.
View Quote

Tell me about it.  About a year ago a drunk indian walked into my class with a bottle of vodka in his hand, telling us how we took everything for granted.  It's a great learning environment....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top