Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:50 PM EDT
Picked up a new Sentry safe for the apartment from Home Depot today.

www.sentrysafe.com/Series.asp?f=3&r=21

$369 plus tax

It is probably about the best option for securing your firearms in an up-stairs apt. At 330lbs, it was a bear for two guys to get up stairs in a second floor apt, but is do-able.

I am not sure how they expect you to get 14 long guns in it, but it does fit 7 long guns and 5 handguns nicely.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what the weight limit is for an upstairs floor in not only an apartment but also a 2 story house.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Good call...but please, apartment dwellers, don't forget your renters insurance. It's cheaper than a cup of coffee-a-day.

roy d
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Lowes has the same one in Metallic Pewter ... I plan on getting that one shortly ...  I haven't seen it in person .. just on the website and my buddy saw it in Lowes the other day.

Is it large enough to hold 4 AR-15's, 3 Pistolsk, important documants and other odds and ends?  Obviously no room for ammo is there?

Thanks ..
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Lowes has the same one in Metallic Pewter ... I plan on getting that one shortly ...  I haven't seen it in person .. just on the website and my buddy saw it in Lowes the other day.

Is it large enough to hold 4 AR-15's, 3 Pistolsk, important documants and other odds and ends?  Obviously no room for ammo is there?

Thanks ..

It would fit that fine, with some room left over for ammo. It also has a seperate lock box attatched to the ceiling of the safe, that fit my 1911 nicely. There is another shelf next to the lock box that fit 2 handguns and half a dozen mags
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I store numerous rifles in mine - along with various handguns.   It's just about full now, but it does the job.  I can always take out the Mosin and SKS if I buy something more valuable.  I have moved it 4 times and while it's a challenge for me and my wife to do alone, we've always made it work.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Good call...but please, apartment dwellers, don't forget your renters insurance. It's cheaper than a cup of coffee-a-day.
roy d

Very true, but most only cover up to $500 for firearms. Not nearly enough...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wonder what the weight limit is for an upstairs floor in not only an apartment but also a 2 story house.

Local building codes would tell you or the dimensions and construcion type of the materials used.

It's pretty high....just hink of all those water beds out there.  I don't think even a full gun safe with ten or so guns even approaches the limits on a floor for dead load.  Putting it in a corner of the room or in a closet where the floor below is similarly constructed should be just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top