Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 11:07:12 PM EDT
got a phone call early this morning that one of the BEST guys you can ask for in a friend is being sent back (courtesy of the USMC) to CA.

He and I were in the same business and we became best of friends. this guy was the one who converted me from a left wing liberal into the right wing conservative I am today. He taught me a lot about the meanings of HONOR, RESPECT and TRUTH.

In a moment of weakness I moved back to NY, only to realize a month later that it was not the right choice. So I call him up and tell him that in a week Im driving back to CA.

He asks me if I am driving alone and I said yes. He tells me "Send me a plane ticket. I'll drive with you"

Memorial day weekend on Friday evening he arrives at JFK. I ask him if he wants to rest from the flight or get a bite to eat. He asks me "are you already packed and ready to go?"

I said "Yeah why?"  he said... "Then lets start driving" We go NON STOP and get into So Cal on Tuesday at 3 AM!!

Mind you he has a wife and then 3 kids (now 4) and left them on Memorial day weekend and STILL shows up to work that tuesday.

If any of you has a friend like this. You are a rich man (or woman)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top