Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 4:56:29 AM EDT
These rat bastards are idiots and full of s**t.  Oh yeah....if Doyle wins for Gov, WI gun owners better bend over.  

[url]http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/feb02/23770.asp
[/url]

Quote:"This is not good policy," said Mike Browne, whose boss was in meetings and unavailable. "Law enforcement is opposed to it, and the bill has the potential for turning a fender-bender into a murder investigation."

The bill spawned emotional testimony on the Assembly floor and heated opposition from Milwaukee lawmakers, who argued that the measure could make violent streets more dangerous.

Rep. Jennifer Shilling (D-La Crosse) made a tearful plea to defeat the bill, recalling the murders of her parents, Lynn and Richard Ehlenfeldt, and five others at the Brown's Chicken & Pasta restaurant in Palatine, Ill., in 1993.

No one has ever been arrested in what was Illinois' worst unsolved mass murder since the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. "Gun violence is personal, so personal to me," Shilling said. "This is an arms race. This is crazy. When will this all end? This morning you have had a vote for gun violence. I'm not proud of what we're doing. I'm ashamed."

"You have had a vote for gun violence".  What a frigging IDIOT!  It was a vote to allow normal people to stand up against people like those that killed her parents, and defend them on equal terms, so the BAD GUYS pay instead of the GOOD GUYS!  HELLOOOOOOO!  Anybody home?
How about an AR15.com fire mission to some of these people?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Fender bender......... One of the guys I work with just had a friend killed at a "fender bender" the other driver ran him over. People that have cars have a deadly weapon with them THE CAR.

Maybe if someone had a gun in that chicken store the BG would be the one that's dead. Or or all five "victims" had decided to flee.......
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#2]
An arms race!

Ya, no shit and the law abiding citizen has one leg cut off when compared to the competition.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#3]

That's all these cowering, whimpering, milktoast, passivist, effeminate liberals can do is spend their pathetic lives mewling like weak, castrated, little mice while subhuman criminal-thug-wastoid-sociopaths run rampant through society.

An "arms race"!? WTF! And the answer to an arms race for a liberal is always unilateral disarmament all the while hoping the vicious-animal-savages do the same?!  F*ck 'em!! Gimme my gun and go back to your mouse hole you little, emasculated, sissy, pantywaste-eunuchs!!

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#4]
You're link is broken.

What we need to do is PUSH the Senate to pass this bill during the CURRENT SESSION so that McCallum can sign it into law.  Don't sit on your hands and wait to see what happens.  Write and call your Senator, even if you know he is anti-gun and let them know what you want.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:49:06 AM EDT
[#5]
The link is correct, I just checked.  Apparently, thy don't allow linking from other sites?  Perhaps 'cause they know they will get SLAMMED IF ANYONE READS THE ACCOMPANYING EDITORIAL?

Go to [URL] www.jsonline.com [/URL]

The story is on the home page.  Be sure to read the editorial too.

I agree that McCallum is our only hope (after popular support).
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#6]
IMHO, "gun violence" always seems to happen to the wrong people.......
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:25:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Funny how the gun gets the blame for the murders-nevermind the criminal who owened it illegaly, and nevermind that if one of the victims had a pistol, they proably could have saved them self or others.  I am watching this carefully, and thakfully our local 'elected officials' are in favor of the bill.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's all these cowering, whimpering, milktoast, passivist, effeminate liberals can do is spend their pathetic lives mewling like weak, castrated, little mice while subhuman criminal-thug-wastoid-sociopaths run rampant through society.

An "arms race"!? WTF! And the answer to an arms race for a liberal is always unilateral disarmament all the while hoping the vicious-animal-savages do the same?!  F*ck 'em!! Gimme my gun and go back to your mouse hole you little, emasculated, sissy, pantywaste-eunuchs!!
View Quote

[size=4][i]What he said!  What he said![/i][/size=4]  [^]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The milwauke leftist sentinel.
This editorial makes me want to vomit. They fucking quote the VPC venom about TX permit holders commiting thousands of crimes since [b][i]1996[/i][/b]. More telling would be this

[permit holder crimes] / [permit holders]

compared to

[non-permit-holder crimes] / [non permit holders]

Why can't these idiots think clearly?

They didn't even bother to read the PPA since they failed to notice that the permit fees would pay for administration.

The pre-dawn gun follies
From the Journal Sentinel
Last Updated: Feb. 27, 2002
While decent people were home sleeping, members of the state Assembly were making mischief in the wee hours Wednesday. As if they can't get enough of gun violence, lawmakers passed a bill that would permit residents - good ones and bad - to haul around weapons hidden in their coat pockets, boots, purses and gym bags.

Wisconsinites went to bed unaware that the Assembly would take this perilous step; the agenda for Tuesday didn't list the gun measure. State Rep. Marlin Schneider (D-Wisconsin Rapids) moved just before midnight to pull the measure from committee. Foolishly, the Assembly acquiesced. Four hours of debate ensued, during which the bill's backers offered amendments they couldn't explain.

The state has no shortage of pressing issues - bulging prisons, a Capitol pay-for-play scandal, a $1.1 billion budget deficit. The state law barring concealed weapons is by no means one of them. Yet the Assembly chose to spend an all-nighter on a scheme to expunge that statute.

The backers of such laws say safeguards would prevent the arming of criminals. They are dead wrong. The safeguards would prevent the arming only of convicted felons. Criminals who have not yet been caught could legally hide firearms on their person under such a law.

Indeed, the evidence from other states suggests that concealed-carry laws are popular among the criminal set. The Violence Policy Center notes that Texans holding concealed-handgun licenses have been arrested for thousands of crimes since 1996, including murder and rape.

The gun lobby argues that arming everybody makes everybody safe. Research by a professor who's a gun fan purports to back up that theory.

But more credible research suggests that such laws heighten, rather than lessen, violence. Yes, an armed person does from time to time thwart a crime. But overall, a community with fewer firearms is less likely to have violent crime. Representatives from law enforcement have testified that concealed-carry laws intensify anxiety among police when they're making arrests.

The Assembly bill stinks in another way: It represents yet another unfunded state mandate for counties. Sheriffs must issue the licenses and do the background checks.

The Senate should shoot this smelly measure down.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top