Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 6:57:50 AM EDT
Anyone seen that DNC add where some dolt General claims to have voted for W last time, but this time he's voting for Kerry?

"...because he has a REALL PLAN for winning the war and keeping us safe."

Yeah? WHERE IS IT?

I'm STILL waiting for it.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:00:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That was McPeak. What an idiot. Don't have a link though
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:02:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop calling him Johnny!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone seen that DNC add where some dolt General claims to have voted for W last time, but this time he's voting for Kerry?

Yeah? WHERE IS IT?

I'm STILL waiting for it.....

Kerry's plan is to get international support! And then pull back our own troops. And increase the size of "Special Forces".

This despite France has said "Not a chance no matter who is President", Germany has said "We've got commitments in Afghanistan" and Russia has said "We've got problems of our own." According to Kerry if you don't have France, Germany, or Russia, you do not have "international support".

And despite a buddy of mine in SpecOps has said "Most people can't pass the course, so how you increase the size and keep the quality is beyond me."

And even if you could get French, German, or Russian troops, or any other country's troops that aren't already there into Iraq, I dunno how that changes anything on the ground either.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#5]
He musta left it in Cambodia.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That was McPeak. What an idiot. Don't have a link though

As a USAF retiree, I can state that I know NOBODY who served while he was CHief of Staff who respects him.

When he was in charge we coined the term "McAirforce."

He was always diddling with the uniform, bringing out so many changes you couldn't keep up with whether the Airmen were in regs or not.

In his declared "Year of Training" he shut down the Field Training Detachments that provided specialized training at the locations where it was needed.

The best thing that he did as Chief of Staff/USAF was retire.  Then Gen. Fogelman was able to fix most of the stuff McPeak screwed up.

His opinion carries no weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top