Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:21:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 12:40:23 PM EDT by nightowl7]
Yesterday afternoon I was at albertson's gitt'n in on some a buck a pound chicken breast deal they got goin on.There's this dude pretty layed back lookin over in the beef section w/ about four large packs of meat under his arm still sorting packages in the meat case. So I sort of ease over there where bubba is and ole boy is steadily buying up a shitload of beef ribs for nintey-eight cents a pound.I have never in my recollection ever bbqed any or have ever eaten any because I have been told they are funky tasting or there's not much meat on them or simillar type shit.Anyway I says to bubba,''Hey man them ribs is some bad som bitches ain't they bud?Bubba says''You god damn right they are cous, bad to the fuck'in bone!!!So now that me and bubba have got our introductions out of the way he procedes to tell me things like the rub you use salt,pepper and garlic powder then put em in the fridge for a couple hours or so, then crank up the grill and put a littlle ole burn on um and when thim bastards are about haf dun start basting w/simmered red vinegar and half a choopped up onion bruoght up to a boil then low heat on the stove for about twenty minutes.Bubba says''Dont let that vinegar smell mess with ya you won't even know it was there when the deal is done.Bubba then says'' When the ribs is half done start smoking w/ hickory or mesqite or whatever you got.So I thought the way this ole boy is so down with this shit what the hell, so I decided I would give it a shot and hell it would only cost about four bucks to find out[hell bubba even gave me one of the packs of meat he had under his arm]. Didn't eat any last night cause I got tore down so bad.A little while ago I put three of them on a plate and moped em with good ole kraft original bbq sause and then sprinkled a little water on them for rehydration purposes covered w/ another plate and microcrowaved for about five minutes on low and that is about the best tastin ribs of any kind I have ever ate!!!Also I soaked my hickory chips in bourbon some of which was running down my shirt before the night was over if you know what I mean.Does anyone know of some good recipies or tall tales from the head grillmeister in charge?P.S.My lab is going friggin crazy on the bones.Hope he dosn't try to rape me when I take a nap latter.Lee
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:22:42 AM EDT
Ramen
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:23:49 AM EDT
paragraphs are your friend...

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:24:03 AM EDT
Ramen, yes.

I didn't read the first post, it was like an orgy of words and the paragraph got left at home.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:27:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nightowl7:
Yesterday afternoon I was at albertson's gitt'n in on some a buck a pound chicken breast deal they got goin on.There's this dude pretty layed back lookin over in the beef section w/ about four large packs of meat under his arm still sorting packages in the meat case. So I sort of ease over there where bubba is and ole boy is steadily buying up a shitload of beef ribs for nintey-eight cents a pound.I have never in my recollection ever bbqed any or have ever eaten any because I have been told they are funky tasting or there's not much meat on them or simillar type shit.

Anyway I says to bubba,''Hey man them ribs is some bad som bitches ain't they bud?Bubba says''You god damn right they are cous, bad to the fuck'in bone!!!So now that me and bubba have got our introductions out of the way he procedes to tell me things like the rub you use salt,pepper and garlic powder then put em in the fridge for a couple hours or so, then crank up the grill and put a littlle ole burn on um and when thim bastards are about haf dun start basting w/simmered red vinegar and half a choopped up onion bruoght up to a boil then low heat on the stove for about twenty minutes.

Bubba says''Dont let that vinegar smell mess with ya you won't even know it was there when the deal is done.Bubba then says'' When the ribs is half done start smoking w/ hickory or mesqite or whatever you got.So I though the way this ole boy is so down with this shit what the hell, so I decided I would give it a shot and hell it would only cost about four bucks to find out[hell bubba even gave me one of the packs of meat he had under his arm]. Didn't eat any last night cause I got tore down so bad.

A little while ago I but three of them on a plate and moped em with good ole kraft original bbq sause and then sprinkled a little water on them for rehydration purposes covered w/ another plate and microcrowaved for about five minutes on low and that is about the best tastin ribs of any kind I have ever ate!!!

Also I soaked my hickory chips in bourbon some of which was running down my shirt before the night was over if you know what I mean.Does anyone know of some good recipies or tall tales from the head grillmeister in charge?P.S.My lab is going friggin crazy on the bones.Hope he dosn't try to rape me when I take a nap latter.Lee

you can thank me later...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:55:08 PM EDT
I'll let you know in about three hours how good it is!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:50:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
I'll let you know in about three hours how good it is!

img248.imageshack.us/img248/5750/picture050medium8hv.th.jpg

img336.imageshack.us/img336/2003/picture051medium0hs.th.jpg

Here is the "after" pic:

Not bad...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:29:37 PM EDT
Beef ribs be good!
Top Top