Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 1:32:44 AM EDT
Anyone else seen this? It's a Hardy Boys/X-Files sorta show about two ghostbusting brothers looking for their missing dad.

I just watched the pilot episode on my DVR and was quite impressed. Decent effects for a TV show and can be pretty creepy (at least at 4am).

Couple of things caught my attention.

The younger brother is talking about their dad to the older brother, he says:
"When I told Dad I was afraid of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45"
Older brother responds: "What was he supposed to do?"

Near the end of the episode, the older brother finds a ghost attacking the younger one.
What does he do? Pull out an enchanted dagger? Drink a mystical potion to give him superpowers? Chant a spell? Nope....He shoots it!

Just might have to keep watching this show...

I love the smurfs!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:47:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Moose:
<snip> It's a Hardy Boys/X-Files sorta show <snip>

That was EXACTLY my thought when I saw the pilot.

It seems like a decent show. First two episodes show promise. There's a couple of details in the 2nd episode that bugged me, but I won't spoil them for you.

However, it being the WB, I just know they're gonna work in something stupid and melodramatic for the teen audience it targets.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:38:24 AM EDT
I like it so far, except for the acting. The kid that plays the older brother can't act for shit. But the plots are pretty creepy. Liked the Wendigo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:01:04 AM EDT
I've been watching it as well. It scares the wife pretty good, has an intersting plot. Plus, you gotta love the .45 line.
Top Top