Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2002 3:50:45 PM EDT
Alright guys. I didn't want to hijack the other thread about the Olympic Peninsula Wild Boars, so I'm gonna put it out there and ask ya'll who wants to go.

I want to find out just how many people would be genuinely interested in participating in a boar hunt. The reason is, I don't want to go through all the trouble to set it up and find out no one wants to go.

[b]If there are any experienced Boar Hunters out there please email me, I would like to ask you about various/best ways to hunt swine.[/b]

For the rest of you who just want to go, please email me with times/dates that you would be open.

My ideal would be about 5-10 people per trip (if there are a lot of people interested, we may have to make 2-3 trips).

If there is anyone who grew up in the area (Grays Harbor County) please email me so we can discuss possible locations (I grew up in Westport/Grayland/Tokeland/Ocosta area).

[b]Hunting Information-[/b]
[url=http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/do/jun01/jun2201a.htm]Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife News Release on Feral Domestics[/url]
Basic Reqirements are nil-
No caliber restrictions.
No Season restrictions.
No limit restrictions.
No Hunting License required.

(You know, the way hunting should be!)

My email is [email][email protected][/email] if you want to discuss particulars.

(Edited to fix link)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Like I said in the other thread, I'm in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If I kill one,  will you clean it?

[puke]

I never really liked that part.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't hunt, but that be said...

I'd be happy to make sure the beer stays cold while yer all out on the hunt.

I know the police chief and family in Port Angeles if that will help at all [:P]

On second thought.. he's retired, but would be a happy camper to play in the muck

BTW: your post insults piggies of all colour and breeding... please close it before the powerss that be do.

- taking it to far [:P]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Uhlek, I would love to go, however I travel quite a bit, for work. So the timing would make the difference, as to whether I could go or not. If you wouldn't mind, send me an e-mail when you have a better idea of the location and date. By the way, I live in the Ilwaco area.

Thanks,
Jamie
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
<------Close your ears buddy.

Count me in.  I've hunted just about everything except piggies.  I want some pork chops, fresh bacon and a pile of sausage.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Any more info on if this is a hoax or not?  Who all would want to go anyway?  I still think that a shootumup FOLLOWED BY some beer drinkin and bullsh!ttin sounds like a (pun intended) blast.[beer]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any more info on if this is a hoax or not?[beer]
View Quote

Click on the link to the WSDF&W in the first post.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd love to go.  Let me know if this gels into a "plan!"
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
As I posted in other thread , we've been hashing over this in the wa-shooters forum on Yahoo . The best areas are the Wynooche river basin area or further north nea the Quinault reservation areas . Short tip , ask the local farmers . So count me in , I hope I have better luck than last year . Oh , would it be consider heresy if I used my FAL ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Myself and 2 others that work with me would be interested. As for the beer, I homebrew and have 2 (with 2 more on the way) 5 gal. kegs.
Just need a 2 week warning for brewing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Myself and 2 others that work with me would be interested. As for the beer, I homebrew and have 2 (with 2 more on the way) 5 gal. kegs.
Just need a 2 week warning for brewing.
View Quote

OMG, that sounds so good. What kind is it? Hefe? Lager? Stout? Ale?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh , would it be consider heresy if I used my FAL ?
View Quote

Hope not, I'm usin' my AR.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I see the date of the posts is current.
How's it shapin' up?
Anybody really going to go sloshin' for bacon?
Hell, yeah!

Weekend trip?
What are the plans so far?
I'm interested.
Sounds like fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top