Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 6:17:34 PM EDT
All through the hiring process I was told that BLEA was 6 months and now that I am getting the paperwork from the academy it seems that it is only 4.  How long was it when you guys went through?

Thanks,
BJohnson
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]
If I remember right, I started the academy in January and graduated by March 26, that was 11 years ago and I believe it was 440 hours,  Is it now 560? or something like that?  And what agency are you going with?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
It was 440 hours when I went through 9 years ago.  Good luck in the academy and keep a low profile.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It is 720 hours long, which should be 18 weeks if you went straight Monday through Friday.  But they never start on a Monday, usually like Wednesday.  With the holidays you run into it works out to be 19 to 20 weeks.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I finished it last year.  19.5 weeks due to holidays.  Go to the academy website and you will see class start and end dates.  If you know when you start then you can figure out when you would end.  Assuming the website is updated.

The Academy is not that difficult, especially if the number of tools in your class is low.  It is not too militaristic, and you can pass the academy with a basic amount of effort.

I have an idea of what County is looking for from their graduates and what they expect to see during the process, so feel free to ask questions.  I am not a County employee.

IM me with any other questions you may have.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#5]
County has their own pre-BLEA and post-BLEA training and that may account for the 6 months that you were told.  Then FTO starts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top