Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 8:37:52 AM EDT

WASHINGTON - An 8-year-old boy accidentally shot a 7-year-old girl in the arm Tuesday with a handgun he pulled from his backpack at a day-care center, police in suburban Montgomery County, Maryland, said.

The wounded girl was flown to a local hospital with a non-life-threatening injury, police spokesperson Lucille Baur said. There were six children at the For Kids We Care day-care center at the time the shooting and no one else was injured, she said.

The shooting happened just before 7 a.m. as the boy was handling the gun, which he brought to the center in his backpack, Baur said. Officers were investigating how the boy happened to have the weapon.

The children were attending a before-school program at the facility, which is located in an apartment complex in Germantown, Maryland.

Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11006938/

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
*Sigh* I wish parents were more responsible.   Feel bad for the girl, thankfully she wasn't killed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Gigmike, why the WRONG title for this thread?

It clearly says "suburban Montgomery County, Maryland", NOT Washington, DC.

Were you trying to stir up something about the DC gun ban?  This is not about Washington, DC at all.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Clearly a parent that is not in charge.  Now I can see why children get run over in the street because the children are poorly supervised.  The parent must've been oblivious to the kid and let a child take a gun to school.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top