Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2002 5:03:04 PM EDT
I cant stand that guy.
Apparently the sniper was on a restraining order and could not own or buy a gun. They are trying to say he bought it here in WA at a gun show. If the rifle was found to have been bought at a gunshow here in WA, that rat fink is going use it as an excuse to attack our freedoms of private sales.

He's already announced on the radio today that he is going to call for more gun control at the state level.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of restraining order prevents you from owning a gun? My ex bitch got one against me a couple years ago [wrote about it here] and it didn't prevent me from owning or possessing a gun. I retained my carry permit. However, I couldn't buy one until the order was lifted, which it was, 2 weeks later in court.

Oh yeah, Locke is an asshole.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
With the amount of involvement that he has in our government, its easy to forget that we even have a Governor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What kind of restraining order prevents you from owning a gun? My ex bitch got one against me a couple years ago [wrote about it here] and it didn't prevent me from owning or possessing a gun. I retained my carry permit. However, I couldn't buy one until the order was lifted, which it was, 2 weeks later in court.
View Quote

Any restraining order in the State of Washington prevents a person from possessing a firearm and revokes a CWP.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Rainman-It is my understanding that if you have a restraining order due to an act of domestic violence you can't own or purchase a firearm until you have been to court.  Even if you haven't been convicted of the crime.  I had an employee served with one not to long ago.  I called and asked the Clark county court about this and they told me that was correct and that they could not even have ammunition in their possession.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Oops, my restraining order had nothing to do with domestic violence. Maybe that was the difference.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
That's the ticket, he had a [i]domestic violence[/i] restraining order which prohibits firearms.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a federal law that prohibits anyone with a restraining order to own or purchase firearms.
It's time to head to wa-ccw to see what Joe Waldron, Dave Workman and Mike Brown have to say.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Lets just vote this November and hopefully Dave Mastin will be the new house chair and he with the help of Republicans can stop some of this crap.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck that cocksucker!

And yes CombatJack you're right,the only time I see the turd on TV is when he's promoting a Cambells soup label drive or some other irrelovent waste of time.

I guess we should be thankfull considering some of his screwball ideas.

Gawd I can't beleive the electorate around here actually re elected that turd.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
he will have a hard time passing gun control, our state constitution is much more specific......
View Quote

Thank God for that!!  WA state constitution is why I'm a kalifornia transplant.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#12]
SECTION 24 (Article 1) RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men.
View Quote

I love my state!
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#13]
you know this dumbass is just telling people what he (note he) Thinks people want to hear "MORE GUN CONTROL" its total BS yet the moron thinks its good PR.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:02:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I cant stand that guy.
Apparently the sniper was on a restraining order and could not own or buy a gun. They are trying to say he bought it here in WA at a gun show. If the rifle was found to have been bought at a gunshow here in WA, that rat fink is going use it as an excuse to attack our freedoms of private sales.

He's already announced on the radio today that he is going to call for more gun control at the state level.  
View Quote

I believe that the murder weapon was bought at a gun shop.  There is some other thread that lists the name.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#15]
unfortunately we have to live here with the fuckhead.. and alot of other liberal californians come up here and vote for his stupid ass.. i think people try to think we have things so perfect up here and nothing ever goes wrong and our governer should allways be on tv when he's in the classrooms promoting some crap or another (thats the only time i see him)  i wish most of the people who lived here would get some comon sense..

Where is this washington constitution on guns? i'd like to read up on it..
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#16]
[url]http://www.courts.wa.gov/education/constitution/article01.cfm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top