Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/2/2003 5:40:34 AM EDT
Kiddie Soldiers with AK's. Tribal Differences being "resolved" with RPG's. 3 million dead in the last few years.... Boo Friggen Hoo........... Africa is a cesspool!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:45:27 AM EDT
This kind of carnage will stop when they all get HIV. The continueing conflict will spread the disease quicker, with the movement of whole populations and soldiers(really they are butchers)raping everything that moves. Bilster
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:47:55 AM EDT
Africa in [red]Flames[/red]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:49:21 AM EDT
They will just keep fighting until one side is dead and then the winners will disagree and it will start all over. I say that if both sides want to keep fighting then by all means let them fight. I don't really understand why most of the 3rd world countries act like that. Maybe if they would stop fighting for a while they could work their way out of the 3rd world.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:50:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:50:09 AM EDT
[blue][b][size=3]YAWN[/blue][/b][/size=3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:53:21 AM EDT
congo?...congo??? ain't that some kind of dance...er...or a drum? yeah...rhodesia, liberia, libya, zimbabwe, south africa, ivory coast...all of them could disappear today and i could care less. don't you think it funny that coffee anomymous and his u.n. "peaceniks" are hot on OUR ass to send american troops into liberia? iraq was cool with kofi...but liberia is not? huh? fork the u.n.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:54:05 AM EDT
I was flipping and saw something on the 700 Club.. < so it MUST be true > Never seen an AK jam so much.. If these people acyually aimed they might win a war..
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:54:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:55:19 AM EDT
Have they ever not been at war?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:00:10 AM EDT
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:03:29 AM EDT
Where do they get the $ for AK's and RPG's and ammo when they supposedly can't afford food?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:12:06 AM EDT
Who cares, let them all rot or kill eachother. Even if we save them they will die of something in a year anyway.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:22:47 AM EDT
Tumor Most of the money is received thru the illicit diamond trading(blood diamonds)that goes on controlled by the local Warlords. They don't pay their employees(woman and children) and enforce order with machetes. Gemologist[x]BLOAT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:31:51 AM EDT
You had better care...US troops will be in Africa, before years end....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:38:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:53:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TUMOR: Kiddie Soldiers with AK's. Tribal Differences being "resolved" with RPG's. 3 million dead in the last few years.... Boo Friggen Hoo........... Africa is a cesspool!
View Quote
[b]HEY I CARE!!![/b] Nah...I'm just kidding, I don't really care.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:02:37 AM EDT
No. I don't care. All I could think about when watching Bruce Willis "Tears Of The Sun" was these people aren't worth the life of one American soldier. They are ignorant dirt poor people with no future.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:02:43 AM EDT
I just watched the movie on DVD and that really old SEAL guy Bruce Willis saved everyone.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:17:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 7:17:43 AM EDT by bvmjethead]
Originally Posted By CAPITALIST: No. I don't care. All I could think about when watching Bruce Willis "Tears Of The Sun" was these people aren't worth the life of one American soldier. They are ignorant dirt poor people with no future.
View Quote
Yeah, that part in our Constitution or Declaration of Independence (can't remember which) that say's "all men are created equal" was only talking about men in America. Right.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
I think that sending our troops over there is a BIG No-No. Not that our soldiers can't kick some butt, but I think its a useless cause. Things over there will never change. Hacking people to death with machetes just shows how stone-age this country is.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
What was that movie where General Dynamics was selling the african tribes fighter jets. But since they were to backwards to use them, they just purchased them to roll down hills at each other. Africa has always been in a state of war. There have been brief pauses when outside forces took control of some areas, but once power was returned to the Africans, war resumed. I believe it is the same problem as the middle east. They have lame-ass pieces of land. Other than some oil and diamonds, they are mostly inhospitable wastelands.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:24:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
Originally Posted By CAPITALIST: No. I don't care. All I could think about when watching Bruce Willis "Tears Of The Sun" was these people aren't worth the life of one American soldier. They are ignorant dirt poor people with no future.
View Quote
Yeah, that part in our Constitution or Declaration of Independence (can't remember which) that say's "all men are created equal" was only talking about men in America. Right.
View Quote
What are you saying. Please elaborate.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:43:02 AM EDT
Though they're lives are worth just as much as yours or mine, really theres not much we can do then kill all of them thats really the only thing that could happen to stop the all of wars over there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:45:47 AM EDT
Either let them work it out themselves or nuke the whole place.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:49:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ikor: Not that it matters a great deal, but Liberia was originally founded by the American Colonization Society...a group founded in 1816 to settle freed slaves in Africa...around 1822. They adopted an American form of government, built plantation type houses and wore American fashioned clothes, and after overcoming many hardships set up a fairly prosperous society. The settlers treated the indiginous tribes as savages and eventually gained "official" control over the government (recognized by France, Great Britian and the US), which shut out the indigs completely. More trouble began almost immediately since the indigs were allowed no voting rights, and damned little of anything else other than forced labor. ....
View Quote
So the Liberian upper class probably calls themselves African-American-Africans, while the lower class are simply Africans.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:51:08 AM EDT
It is not in our national interests to go to Congo. I can understand going to Liberia, because it was founded by American slaves, but I would prefer not to. Leave peacekeeping to the French.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:54:10 AM EDT
The problem with sending troops is there can be no "end plan". We'd just kill some of them, lose some of ours and nothing would change. Why bother?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:57:41 AM EDT
An old co-worker of mine was from Ivory Coast, and we used to talk alot about this issue. He never owned a pair of shoes until he was 12 years old and hunted snakes for food. You'd never imagine him doing that since he spoke German, French, Spanish, and English fluently, and wore suits to work every day. He'd tell me, "there are alot of ignorant people in Africa." What he meant by this was that they weren't stupid by nature, their culture is really messed up. Even though modern technology has reach some areas, they are stubborn as hell and there's no way any outsider is going to tell them otherwise how things are. Remember in the movie Apocalypse Now when Kurtz spoke of when they inocculated the locals, then the elders came through and chopped the arms off of each person? That's what you're dealing with. They don't see their culture as being broke, so they sure as hell don't want to fix it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:05:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Moondog: An old co-worker of mine was from Ivory Coast, and we used to talk alot about this issue. He never owned a pair of shoes until he was 12 years old and hunted snakes for food. You'd never imagine him doing that since he spoke German, French, Spanish, and English fluently, and wore suits to work every day. He'd tell me, "there are alot of ignorant people in Africa." What he meant by this was that they weren't stupid by nature, their culture is really messed up. Even though modern technology has reach some areas, they are stubborn as hell and there's no way any outsider is going to tell them otherwise how things are. Remember in the movie Apocalypse Now when Kurtz spoke of when they inocculated the locals, then the elders came through and chopped the arms off of each person? That's what you're dealing with. They don't see their culture as being broke, so they sure as hell don't want to fix it.
View Quote
Yep. Remember these are the same people that believes AIDS infected men can get cured if they rape babies[:\]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:09:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Moondog: Remember in the movie Apocalypse Now when Kurtz spoke of when they inocculated the locals, then the elders came through and chopped the arms off of each person?
View Quote
I thought it was the VC, not the village elders. Apocalypse Now was based upon the Joseph Conrad book Heart of Darkness, set in colonial Africa, BTW.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:41:30 AM EDT
Far be it for us to interfere in the work of Malthius...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:23:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Far be it for us to interfere in the work of Malthius...
View Quote
The Malthus who predicted mass starvation, due to the human population outstripping the food supply? The problem in Africa isn't population outstripping the food supply; it is the indigenous cultures and the African governments.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:34:09 AM EDT
hmmm.... Congo hmmm.. Let me think. Did not the French recently surrender there? hmmm.... Let me think on that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:36:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DonS:
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl: Far be it for us to interfere in the work of Malthius...
View Quote
The Malthus who predicted mass starvation, due to the human population outstripping the food supply? The problem in Africa isn't population outstripping the food supply; it is the indigenous cultures and the African governments.
View Quote
Malthusian checks involve war, pestilance, and famine. Not just famine alone. War and pestilance would start BEFORE famine. He based his studies on records from before and after the Black Death in Europe.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:50:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:54:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:37:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 10:38:37 AM EDT by Cape_hunter]
You had better care...US troops will be in Africa, before years end....
View Quote
Liberty86 is right. As a matter of fact go to foxnew.com an d read the headline.. We ARE sending troops to Africa. CH Read here: [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90963,00.html[/url]
WASHINGTON — The Bush administration has decided to send a "fast team" of U.S. forces to Liberia (search) to serve as peacekeepers, senior defense sources told Fox News Wednesday.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:41:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
View Quote
View Quote
Malthusian checks involve war, pestilance, and famine. Not just famine alone. War and pestilance would start BEFORE famine. He based his studies on records from before and after the Black Death in Europe.
View Quote
But Africa's problems are not really based upon over population, but on bad culture and bad government.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:00:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 11:02:20 AM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
View Quote
View Quote
View Quote
But Africa's problems are not really based upon over population, but on bad culture and bad government.
View Quote
They are overpopulated for the level of technology and culture they possess. They need much more space than we do because they still cook and heat with firewood, graze a lot of heard animals in small family heards. Their society is still tribal, so when the buffer zones between tribes is gone and they are forced to intermix and compete for land and jobs they cannot without going to war. War creates refugees which spill over into other peoples territory, creates famine because crops are destroyed in some areas and there is no way to redistribute. Crowding in refugee and military camps and urban centers that do not have the infrastucture to provide sanitation or medicine for such a number brings on diseases. Because of our higher technology and level of social organization here in North America our carrying capacity is much much higher. If we went in with our technology-and this already happened in Rhodisia- we could bring up agricultural production and Africa could easily feed itself. But, we would not have need for most of Africas populace. Nor could we preserve their family/clan lands and herds since our high tech captial intensive agraculture that produces our high yealds with super efficiency requires very little human labor. You would have a restless surplus population to deal with and then the Malthusian checks would start working again..
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:19:52 AM EDT
When the imposed restraint enforced by European colonial powers was removed they went back to tribal warfare, as has been their way for centuries. When we sent forces into Bosnia I thought it was like Bre'r Rabbit sinking a fist into the tar baby. There is no pretty way out. When Klinton said, "One year, in and out", I yelled, "BULL!" at the TV. Those people in the Balkans have been chooping each other up for centuries, and we can force them to love each other at gun point. As soon as the international peacekeeping forces are removed the locals will pick up where they left off. Back to Africa, it would take profound cultural changes, not just economic and political, to make a long-term change for the better. Sadly, it ain't happening. I really hate to say it, but I don't see much hope for them and I can't support putting American lives in the midst of that murderous hellhole.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:32:03 AM EDT
Excellent responses guys! Great....we're sending troops to Africa. [%|] Our USGI's are at a distinct disadvantage when deployed to Africa. Why? The young American soldier will hesitate to shoot a 10 year old with an AK! This will lead to some unneeded casualties. AND THEY MUST SHOOT THOSE 10 YEAR OLDS! Those tribal Africans are vicious savages. If you chose to fight them, better fight them the same way. Want to see what a fight in Africa will be like? Someone mentioned the Mau Mau Rebellion, a good example. Remember the Somalia debacle? I have associates who lived in Rhodesia, South Africa, and Mozambique. They don't paint a pretty picture of warfare in Africa. Ask anyone who has lived in south Saharan Africa what it's like to fight the blacks..... You have to fight them like you would a rabid dog. U.S. troops in Africa......this ought to be interesting. God Bless the G.I.'s!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:35:31 AM EDT
Absolutely stunning brohawk, now replace the words Africa with middle east and explain why we are there?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:39:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hound: Absolutely stunning brohawk, now replace the words Africa with middle east and explain why we are there?
View Quote
Umm and where were you on 9/11/01? You got your choice of three shitholes to get oil from-Africa, Middle East, Latin America. Pick one, or have the electric company shut you off NOW and start bicycling everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:49:50 AM EDT
Well Hound, if I had my druthers, I'd druther we didn't have to be there at all. The only thing that gives the region significance is oil. If there wasn't oil under the ground it would be a big, useless, worthless sand box. I't the flow of oil that makes it important to industrialized nations, and it's the oil profits combined with Islam that created the fight we're currently in. One of the reasons domestic oil exploration/production and alternative energy (ie hydrogen) development appeal to me is that we could then tell the mideast to drink its oil. You can't civilize people who refuse to admit that they are living in subhuman conditions. Like they say, admitting you need help is the first step...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:06:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:07:32 PM EDT
Excellent brohawk...perhaps we should talk to mexico about oil and let the middle east burn... armdlbrl....crying standing in front of my tv. Why haven't we nuked the whole place...instead of nation building and pouring money into that shit-hole. Let the Israelis loose and walk away.
Top Top