Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/2/2006 2:47:54 AM EST
I Voted last week and all but one of the people on my ballot I voted for was Republican. One Libertarian and he is a friend of mine the Republican in Question is a Republican in sheeps clothing so to speak.

For people who do not think I vote the issues here are my issues.

I am in the Air Force
I have been told I am going again in Late Spring. I came home in July of this year with the Army doing Army jobs and now I might be training Iraqi Military.
I believe in what I am doing and so does my wife.

I invest and look at the stock market. It is doing better than I hoped and wish I would have bought more stock in some markets.

Local issues. I stay informed with the help of local paper being sent to my email address.

I am educated college graduate and on my way getting my masters in Bussiness.

If people think I am crazy go ahead and speak. If people think we are not doing a job there in Iraq go see for yourself. Recruiter is close by and no you are not an idiot.

I also speak my mind and if you want to argue go ahead. There are some parts where I do not agree with but I am 86.4% behind the GOP and I am glad they forced Foley to resign as well. That Democrat that did the same thing got reelected 5 times after that. Democrats do not take respondsibility for their actions. I do not respect that.

These are my views.

Intel Officer during OIF 1 2003 (I know more than most why we are there in Iraq and no I cannot say for another 70 years why)
Crossed Trained due to a stuttering problem because people are going to ask.
Logistics Officer now and love commanding troops.

6 years in now hopefully 14+ more.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:46:43 AM EST
First off, thank you for your service. Although you might not get that "thank you" from a lot of people, you and everyone like you will always get a thank you from me.

My daughter is entering Tech School in the USAF and is following in her father's footsteps by joining the Security Forces (called Security Police in my day). I can honestly say that I can not be any more proud of her or her husband. Her husband is in the Marines and is probably still in basic training.

It sometimes galls me that most of the pundits for this war, especially most of the radio talk show hosts were, never in the military. However, even I have to admit that their hearts are in the right places.

What bothers me is that there aren't more vets in congress. Sure you have vets like John McCain and Max Cleland and psuedo heros like John Kerry, but we do need more of them. I hope you seriously consider a political career when you retire from the military. Think of it as extended duty to the people of this country.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:01:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By MCBallpeen:
First off, thank you for your service. Although you might not get that "thank you" from a lot of people, you and everyone like you will always get a thank you from me.

My daughter is entering Tech School in the USAF and is following in her father's footsteps by joining the Security Forces (called Security Police in my day). I can honestly say that I can not be any more proud of her or her husband. Her husband is in the Marines and is probably still in basic training.

It sometimes galls me that most of the pundits for this war, especially most of the radio talk show hosts were, never in the military. However, even I have to admit that their hearts are in the right places.

What bothers me is that there aren't more vets in congress.
Sure you have vets like John McCain and Max Cleland and psuedo heros like John Kerry, but we do need more of them. I hope you seriously consider a political career when you retire from the military. Think of it as extended duty to the people of this country.

I think you will see more of them in the next 5-10 years. There was a very long period of time between the end of Vietnam and the start of the WOT, there were significant draw downs so the pool was getting much smaller. Now there is an action going on and that will increase the numbers of people interested. I hope.
Top Top