Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2001 4:18:03 AM EDT
Yup, the Vols CHOKED in the SEC championship game.

No doubt about it. They patsied out, and got their butts punted out of the Georgia Dome.

But for the record, let me remind you that my MAIN point was that Miami DOES NOT belong in the championship game, and NOT that Tennessee did. I've followed Tennessee too closely this year to legitimately think they are ANYTHING near a championship caliber team.

Nebraska is gonna show Miami what a REAL team looks like.

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:23:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

All right G-man.  I know Vol. is a good team. When Vol. looks ahead instead of present, it spell trouble. Anyway, Miami and Nebraska will be a great game. My guess on the game: Miami.
View Quote

I don't think the Vols were looking ahead so much as they were COMPLETELY flat from teh Florida win. THAT was their "championship" game. And a team that comes out THAT flat in their REAL conference championship game doesn't deserve to go any further.

I'm even willing to concede that Miami - Nebraska will be a better game then Miami - tennessee.

I've named the Vols the Cardiac Kids. They can turn ANY game into a fricken cliff hanger. [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
g. man,
I don't believe the Vol's choked.  They just played their best game against Florida.
I also must say LSU wanted that game more than any team I've seen in a while.  That last touchdown - that was emotion and desire - that was fine football.

Unfortunately I believe Miami will win against Nebraska.

There is a persistent rumor that Miami is having difficulty in getting "Probation Extensions" for sixty-seven of their players.
(Course this might not be true.)
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#4]
The Vols didn't choke.

They were beaten fair and square by a superior team.

[size=6][purple]LSU[/purple][/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But for the record, let me remind you that my MAIN point was that Miami DOES NOT belong in the championship game
View Quote

Maybe you should quickly relay that vital piece of sports know how to the following people/organizations...
The Associated Press
ESPN
All NCAA coaches
USA Today
And everyone who's profession it is to either play, coach, write about or know about college football. Because nobody, I mean nobody is questioning who is number one......other than you of course. Do you really think anyone actually buys in to your "Miami DOES NOT belong in the championchip game" crap? Certainly not anyone whos opinion matters, that's for damn sure.[;)]
[b][size=6]#1[/b][/size=6][img]espn.go.com/i/ncaa/clubhouses/logos/2390.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah, as for "Lettin' you have it", I thought we already covered that....
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=76557[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But for the record, let me remind you that my MAIN point was that Miami DOES NOT belong in the championship game
View Quote

Maybe you should quickly relay that vital piece of sports know how to the following people/organizations...
The Associated Press
ESPN
All NCAA coaches
USA Today
View Quote

yeah, the SAME people who screwed up when they had Va tech ranked #1 a few years ago.

And when the game was actually played, Va Tech got CRUSHED and then dropped like a rock.

Just as Miami will. Its all teh same conference, the Big east. Only the Big East is weaker this year than when Va Tech was ranked #1.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top