Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2008 3:48:06 AM EDT
So I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with some type of vitamin deficiency. Over the past 4-5 months it seems as if my hair is thinning out(I'm 26), I'm getting a few more gray hairs, and actually my wife made a comment to me the other day that my hair is getting really rough, feels more like a dogs hair would. On top of that I've noticed my head isn't getting as greasy as it was a year ago. I realize it could just be me getting a little older(however my hair not getting as oily doesn't make much sense to me). On top of that, I've made life a little more stressful then it should be over the past year, so stress is a major issue. I haven't been eating healthy for a few years now, but, I'm working on it. I'm on the Atkins diet(hey, it works for me) to shed some weight, and I've started taking vitamins. Any advice, experience? Baldness doesn't run in my family either.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
They're called "vegetables". Eat some.

ETA: The dark green ones too, not corn, taters and rice.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
GNC Mega Men
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the doc and get a complete Blood work up.

I did my yearly physical and asked for one. I am in pretty good shape, eat right, etc etc. But they still found my Vit D levels way below normal ( I dont really eat dairy or drink milk, so that would explain it).

As far as hair loss. you could be missing Vitamen B which is for hair.

http://hairloss.about.com/od/preventinghairloss/a/Vitamins.htm

Read that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you exercise regularly you should always take vitamin supplements, especially one that has iron. Exercise wrings vitamins and minerals from your body and they must be replaced.

You could end up all anemic and shit.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The part that has be confused is my hair not getting as oily as it was a year ago. I don't know if there is a specific vitamin that helps with that or not, which could also explain why my hair feels so rough. I will say this, and I've noticed it over the past 6 months. All the "bad" dreams I have, involve my place of work. I haven't had a vacation in over 2 years. I think a lot of my problems could be stress related. Someone had mentioned thyroid, but I'm not really fatigued or tired like I would think I should be if that was the problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top