Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2002 10:41:57 AM EDT
I will be visiting family in upstate New York this summer.  Like me, he's big into shooting and wants me to bring some guns to shoot on his land.

What restrictions should I be aware of while transporting firearms into New York?  If my guns are legal in my state (FL), are they legal in NY while visiting?  Are there any specific types of rifles banned that I cannot bring (like my AK-103)?  Are pistols allowed in state without a NY permit?

Thanks in advance,
[heavy] LL [pistol]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd keep the pistols home.  Also what County?  I think Albany County has a ban on "Assualt Rifles."
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
LL -

You can bring in most anything except handguns and machine guns.  Only NYS residents with pistol permits can possess a handgun inside the state.  Semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines are fine in Upstate, except for within the CITY boundaries of Albany.  Albany COUNTY has no AW restrictions, some of the best "evil rifle" shops are in Albany County.

Even as an out-of-state resident, you don't need any paperwork for rifles, shotguns, high cap mags, ammo, etc.  Bring as many as you can fit in your mode of transportation.

Good luck and happy shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top