Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2001 12:51:09 PM EDT
Ruger 77 SS Heavy Barrel .308 - $450.00

Leupold 4.5X14 VariX III Tactical - $549.00

Harris Bi Pod - $48.00

Pile of UN Blue helemts, perforated - Priceless!!

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL!

1 ShotGunNews DIAS that notifys the ATF you are up so something- $225.00

1 Olympic AR15- $600.00

1 Set of Auto-Components- $200.00

Getting raped in prison for 10 years...

Priceless
(Well, not really priceless, since Tyrone just paid your owner 2 cartons of smokes to screw you)
see threads like this, and others like it at
[img]www.web-comm.com/ar15/Mc4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not bad, not bad. [:)]

Link Posted: 6/2/2001 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Critter,

Not to be nitpicky (okay well maybe) but it's mastercard.  Anyway, how do you like the Ruger 77?  Are they much cheaper than the Remington 700 series?  How about accuracy?  I say this 'cause I need a good .308 bolt gun.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got it and haven't really fired it yet. It looks great though. I have one in .243 that I just love, so I think I'll be pretty pleased with this one. I bought it used, just picked it up yesterday after CT's 2 week wait. I will let you know how it works out though, once I get it to the range.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Matt-- I own 6 of Bill "nobody needs more than 10 rounds" Ruger's 77 bolt guns.  They were purchased before I found out about his role in the hi-cap mag restriction.  Anyway, I love all of mine.  I do not shoot super long range (you can't where I live), but I have taken deer at 300+ yards.(.270)  That more than fills my bill.  

One thing I've noticed is some of the rifles just seem to shoot better than others--within the same model, etc.  I know the "super sniper tactical terry's" don't care for them like the beloved Rem. 700, but that's my .02.

A side note about the 700 vs the 77.  I had one 700 and there is little comparison in things like fit and finish.  The 77 out of the box just seems more like a fine, no-nonsense, well-made rifle for the money.  I thought the 700 was kinda cheap and junky looking. But then again I understand most the long range shooters junk everything but the action and start over so that may not matter.  YMMV

BTW, I don't what the Rem.'s are going for now but a standard or light Ruger 77 can be had for $405 NIB here in Ark.

Good luck looking for a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Matt-- I own 6 of Bill "nobody needs more than 10 rounds" Ruger's 77 bolt guns.  They were purchased before I found out about his role in the hi-cap mag restriction.  
View Quote

Being pretty active in the pro 2a movement, I thought I was up on most everything, but this is the first time I've heard mention that Bill had said this, and that he's a factor in the hi-cap ban. What's the scoop with that?
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LOL!

1 ShotGunNews DIAS that notifys the ATF you are up so something- $225.00

DIAS..? Care 2 explain,4 the DIAS challenged.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Drop In Auto Sear
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Being pretty active in the pro 2a movement, I thought I was up on most everything, but this is the first time I've heard mention that Bill had said this, and that he's a factor in the hi-cap ban. What's the scoop with that?
View Quote

It's pretty widely known that Bill Ruger feels there's no need for mags over ten rounds.  Apparently, he was involved in the push for the current legislation.  I'm guessing, judging from his product line, that he feels guns are for hunters and law enforcement.

Bradd
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks 45nut,

I thought I heard somewhere that Bill expressed regret for helping to get the high cap mag ban in place.  He must not have like the taste of shoe leather.

I have heard the 77 action is tough as nails, you agree?
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bradd D:
Quoted:

View Quote

It's pretty widely known that Bill Ruger feels there's no need for mags over ten rounds.  Apparently, he was involved in the push for the current legislation.  I'm guessing, judging from his product line, that he feels guns are for hunters and law enforcement.

Bradd
View Quote

Please explain, as I utilize my PC9 for home protection, as well as my P93. Oh, and my single-Six is my son's starter gun, and my Mini 14..... you get the idea.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Matt S:
thanks 45nut,

I thought I heard somewhere that Bill expressed regret for helping to get the high cap mag ban in place.  He must not have like the taste of shoe leather.

I have heard the 77 action is tough as nails, you agree?
View Quote

I heard something similar but don't know where. If anyone knows where please post a link or some info source.

From what I heard, after discovering the TRUE motives of the anti's involved [supposedly he didn't know their true intent] he stated that he regrets having supported this and retracted his support.

Any confirmation anyone????
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
THe M77II Varment Target in 308 is a jewel. It has a real nice adjustable two stage trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top