Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 1:46:10 PM EDT
Officer, Suspect Shot In Northern Virginia

ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEWINGTON, Va. (AP) -- A police officer responding to a domestic dispute was shot Monday, along with another man who authorities believe was beating his mother.

Investigators spent the day trying to figure out what happened, including who fired the shots. Wounds to both the Fairfax County officer and the other man were considered non-life-threatening. Police said the officer was shot in the lower body, while the man was shot in the upper body. Neither was identified, though officials said the man is 23-years-old.

''I saw the son attacking the mother,'' said Anita Yessian, who lives in the home where the incident occurred and called 911. Yessian said the woman is one of two she shares the town house with.

''He was grabbing her person, like taking her arms and pulling them in the back,'' Yessian said.

''I kept hearing the police officer say, 'Get down! Get down!''' said neighbor Kathy Davis. That was followed by sirens and three gunshots, she said.

''Like the police officer told me it can happen anywhere. And I did never think anything like this would happen in our neighborhood,'' said another neighbor, Richard Dove.

The three officers who responded to the call were put on routine administrative leave.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Get well soon officer.

I always hated domestics.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Update:

After a couple calls I found out that the suspect was shot in the abdomen, the round went in and bounced off one of his ribs or perhaps a vertebrae and came back out to hit officer in the foot. Police officer "Steve" is in surgery today for his foot condition...outcome still unknown. He's not under any life-threatining conditions but foot surgery is no joke.

...cookies are being brought to the hospital later today. Prayers for a quick recovery are welcome.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Update:

After a couple calls I found out that the suspect was shot in the abdomen, the round went in and bounced off one of his ribs or perhaps a vertebrae and came back out to hit officer in the foot. Police officer "Steve" is in surgery today for his foot condition...outcome still unknown. He's not under any life-threatining conditions but foot surgery is not joke.

...cookies are being brought to the hospital later today. Prayers for a quick recovery are welcome.

Good news, to be sure.

Second chance shoes....hmmmmmm......that gives me an idea
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Am I the only one here wondering if the cop shot HIMSELF in the foot?

Gotta be careful what you cover with the muzzle....

'He was grabbing her person, like taking her arms and pulling them in the back,'' Yessian said.

To pull her ARMS, he would have to use BOTH of his arms - hence, the BG wouldn't have a gun in hand.   Now he could have grabbed one, certainly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Update:

After a couple calls I found out that the suspect was shot in the abdomen, the round went in and bounced off one of his ribs or perhaps a vertebrae and came back out to hit officer in the foot.

Damn!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top