Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 3:46:09 PM EDT
Heard on CNN that Gov Mark Warner- Democrat Virginia- said more gun laws would not have prevented these sniper killings or deterred this sniper. Warner gets it. Too bad most Dems don't. Virginians you should be proud of your governor. He's on OUR side!

CRC
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Who'da thunkit?

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably he already has been informed, since he gets breefings on the investigation, that the tool marks on the casing and the rifling twist point to a bolt action rifle. And since his good marks from the NRA come from his stance protecting "hunters and sportsmen" he cant say anything else.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, 'baleee-me', we know he has one arm twisted behind his back pretty tight...

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
democrats are liars and will say whatever is needed to keep or get power
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b][red][size=3]BINGO!  Give that man a ceeegar![/b][/red][/size=3]

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I politicked [b]HARD[/b] to keep Mark Warner out of the Governor's Mansion. I hereby officially apologise in a public forum. He ran on a pro-gun/pro-hunter/pro-sports/pro-nature platform. I said he was just another Democrap playing games to win. I apologise publcily to him for that statement.

Since taking office, he has stood by support of firearms/hunting/fishing/etc. in the Commonwealth. He signed the bill making it unlawful for localities to supercede the Commonwealth CHP law. And now he is speaking up for the truth, instead of playing the party line.

Humbly,
DScott(Iwaswrong)Hewitt

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, and because of moral relevantism (sp?) they don't even feel bad about it.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I politicked [b]HARD[/b] to keep Mark Warner out of the Governor's Mansion. I hereby officially apologise in a public forum. He ran on a pro-gun/pro-hunter/pro-sports/pro-nature platform. I said he was just another Democrap playing games to win. I apologise publcily to him for that statement.

Since taking office, he has stood by support of firearms/hunting/fishing/etc. in the Commonwealth. He signed the bill making it unlawful for localities to supercede the Commonwealth CHP law. And now he is speaking up for the truth, instead of playing the party line.

Humbly,
DScott(Iwaswrong)Hewitt

View Quote

no shit?

give that man a cigar! a politician who didn't lie during his campaign!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
DScott(Iwaswrong)Hewitt
View Quote

Don't be so sure. I still don't trust him.

--LS
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#11]
He also has not fought the State Attorney General who is pushing to all allow CCW holders to carry in state parks. The state parks department had ruled that you could not carry in state parks. The Attorney General has argued that no prohibition was written into the law and therefore it is legal to carry in the state parks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Last I checked, Warner was ACTIVELY pro-gun, up to and including having his AG inform certain localities that their banning of concealed carry on public property was ILLEGAL under state law.

The man ran under a pro-rights campaign.  He's stuck to it, not just by not signing legislation, but by fighting already existing restrictions.  So give him some respect until he's proven he DOESN'T deserve it.

(On edit:  Sorry, Mike, didn't see your post.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Warner was anti-gun when running for Virginia Senate 6 years ago, and I bet if y'all ever elect him to the US Senate you will find out how anti-gun he really is.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep, and because of moral relevantism (sp?) they don't even feel bad about it.
View Quote

[img]http://www.comics.com/comics/roseisrose/archive/images/roseisrose2002101219112.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Heard on CNN that Gov Mark Warner- Democrat Virginia- said more gun laws would not have prevented these sniper killings or deterred this sniper. Warner gets it. Too bad most Dems don't. Virginians you should be proud of your governor. He's on OUR side!

CRC
View Quote

Alright I'll give him credit for that. BUT I STILL DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Warner has been good so far.  Not only did he sign several pro-gun bills into law this year, he over-turned the CCW in State parks issue, as mentioned above.  Here is what happened:
There was a DCR regulation prohibiting firearms in state parks.  Long story short, Del. Black (R, Leesburg) asked Attorney General Kilgore to issue an opinion as to whether or not CCW holders should be allowed to carry concealed in these parks.  There is more to it legally, as far as whether or not DCR had the authority to preempt the General Assembly.  Anyway, Kilgore issued his opinion in our favor, but the A.G.'s ruling is just an [i]opinion[/i].  [url=www.vcdl.org]VCDL[/url] asked Gov. Warner to make a decision, and he made the right one.  Warner agreed with Kilgore that only the General Assembly can regulate where permit-holders can carry guns, not a state agency.

Anyway, so far, I'm not complaining about Warner.  But no matter what, Republican or Democrat, you have to keep an eye on all of these politicians.  Especially when it comes to the Second Ammendment.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this applies to most politicians not just a particular party
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Warner was anti-gun when running for Virginia Senate 6 years ago, and I bet if y'all ever elect him to the US Senate you will find out how anti-gun he really is.

GunLvr
View Quote

Survey says: DING!

There's a man that pays attention. Warner his his eye on the Senate. That's his end game. He only has a chance if he can win over VA "Southern Democrats" aka moderate republicans. He is trying to diffuse his previous anti positions by making moderate reforms and putting his face on TV. I'll bet you he'll be running against Allen next time.

The NRA rated him as a C-. I don't consider that to be a glowing endorsement. Expecially since they rated Tom Davis an "A" (GOA gave him (TD) a "D" I think).

Warner is trying to create a persona of pro-rights, but it's going to take a lot to convince me.

DS, don't close the book yet. You may still prove to be right.

QUESTION: Is it better to have a Democrat trying to change his image for furture elections or a Republican holding the line?
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think this applies to most politicians not just a particular party
View Quote

I have to agree.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GunLvr
View Quote

Survey says: DING!

There's a man that pays attention. Warner his his eye on the Senate. That's his end game. He only has a chance if he can win over VA "Southern Democrats" aka moderate republicans. He is trying to diffuse his previous anti positions by making moderate reforms and putting his face on TV. I'll bet you he'll be running against Allen next time.

The NRA rated him as a C-. I don't consider that to be a glowing endorsement. Expecially since they rated Tom Davis an "A" (GOA gave him (TD) a "D" I think).

Warner is trying to create a persona of pro-rights, but it's going to take a lot to convince me.

DS, don't close the book yet. You may still prove to be right.

QUESTION: Is it better to have a Democrat trying to change his image for furture elections or a Republican holding the line?
View Quote

You guys beat me to it!

[b]There is the crux of the entire matter![/b]

Warner is a smart cookie and realizes that the gun issue will make or break him when he does run for the Senate.  As has been so clearly stated before, we let this chameleon of a Democrat get to the Senate and THEN we'll see just how pro-gun he really is!

Remember folks, the Democrats' liberal ways are not all that popular with most Americans right now...so they will say ANYTHING to achieve/retain power in Washington.

POWER...that is what it is all about.  Clinton knew it...and he was a master of the BS.  The current crop of Dems has taken a page from the Bubba playbook.  Look at John Edwards from NC...another Bubba clone.  Put him on a Sunday TV talkshow and he sounds like a Republican...but in front of the Dems at a recent big fundraiser, I heard the TRUTH!  Talk about a liberal anti-gun, anti-American values LIBERAL!  Red meat to the Dems who paid their gold for that shindig.

LIARS!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top