Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 11:06:10 PM EDT
Charlottesville govt and the piece of shit governor terry mcauliffe are blaming the ACLU for the violence because the the ACLU brought a lawsuit on behaf of the white supremacists and forced the charlottesville govt to follow the constitution concerning free speech.  

“It is the responsibility of law enforcement to ensure safety of both protesters and counter-protesters. The policing on Saturday was not effective in preventing violence. I was there and brought concerns directly to the secretary of public safety and the head of the Virginia State Police about the way that the barricades in the park limiting access by the arriving demonstrators and the lack of any physical separation of the protesters and counter-protesters on the street were contributing to the potential of violence. They did not respond. In fact, law enforcement was standing passively by, seeming to be waiting for violence to take place, so that they would have grounds to declare an emergency, declare an ‘unlawful assembly’ and clear the area.

“Rather than seeking to scapegoat the ACLU of Virginia and the Rutherford Institute for the devastating events on Saturday, it is my firm hope and desire that the governor and other state and local officials will learn from this past weekend how constitutionally to prevent events like the horror we saw in Charlottesville from ever happening again.”

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-virginia-response-governors-allegations-aclu-responsible-violence-charlottesville
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Government wanted the violence
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI.

Wanted to get some Hegelian Dialectic going on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I have seen the police actually forced the nazis into the crowds of counter protesters.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From what I have seen the police actually forced the nazis into the crowds of counter protesters.
View Quote
Twice.

Both going and coming.

ETA:

Also, not everyone there was a Nazi.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
We did not need the ACLU to tell us that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Government The Governor wanted the violence
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Apparently some of "us" do need to be told that, repeatedly.

Just look at Romney, Ryan, Cruz, Rubio, and the rest of the Swamp-things responses.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Twice.

Both going and coming.

ETA:

Also, not everyone there was a Nazi.
View Quote
Sorry. A lot of people who were there only to protest the removal of the statue, or whatever, were also forced into the antifa and other counter protesters. Just like lots of people were not nazis, lots on the other side were not antifa.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Apparently some of "us" do need to be told that, repeatedly.

Just look at Romney, Ryan, Cruz, Rubio, and the rest of the Swamp-things responses.
View Quote
I wrote to my own state reps to make sure they did hear it. All of us should.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Every level of government was conducive to the violence.  I don't understand why the police were submissive to McAwful, rather than rule of law. It's not like preventing a few hate crimes was going to get them fired.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Clearly ACLU= Nazis.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Every level of government was conducive to the violence.  I don't understand why the police were submissive to McAwful, rather than rule of law. It's not like preventing a few hate crimes was going to get them fired.
View Quote
I'll take, "What are Dental Plans for 500?" Alex.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
pretty much

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anarcho-Tyranny strikes again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#17]
FPNI.  As much as I dislike the ACLU, they are right in that the police are supposed to keep the peace and the stand down order was contrary to that.  Then when they moved, they pushed the opposing sides together.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#18]
As much as I detest the ACLU that is usually on the wrong side of the majority of their lawsuits (such as their continued support of illegal aliens), I must admit that they are correct in this case.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe VA has an anti-masking statute.  If the police and politicians really wanted to minimize the violence all they had to do was to announce that the anti-masking law would be vigorously enforced and follow through with it.  The antifa idiots would be far less likely to start shit if they couldn't hide behind their masks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I believe VA has an anti-masking statute.  If the police and politicians really wanted to minimize the violence all they had to do was to announce that the anti-masking law would be vigorously enforced and follow through with it.  The antifa idiots would be far less likely to start shit if they couldn't hide behind their masks.
View Quote
Yep, thats exactly what happened  when Spencer came to Auburn, ANTIFA bussed in, got told if they wore masks, they were going to Jail, Spencer gave his "talk", ANTIFA bitched and whined, and nothing happened.

Thats all it would have taken here, but instead the Virginia Governor, Charlottesville Mayor, and the Police decided to take ANTIFA's side, the 88ers/anti-statue removal people following the rules be damned, and people died.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep, thats exactly what happened  when Spencer came to Auburn, ANTIFA bussed in, got told if they wore masks, they were going to Jail, Spencer gave his "talk", ANTIFA bitched and whined, and nothing happened.

Thats all it would have taken here, but instead the Virginia Governor, Charlottesville Mayor, and the Police decided to take ANTIFA's side, the 88ers/anti-statue removal people following the rules be damned, and people died.
View Quote
Ironically, the very reason for unmasking laws was fears of violence by the KKK.  So its nice to see that antifa is taking a page straight from the KKK  playbook.

So until the politicians and police start enforcing that law, anything they say about not wanting violence is absolute horseshit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ironically, the very reason for unmasking laws was fears of violence by the KKK.  So nice that antifa is taking a page from the KKK  playbook.

So until the politicians and police start enforcing that law, anything they say about not wanting violence is absolute bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically, the very reason for unmasking laws was fears of violence by the KKK.  So nice that antifa is taking a page from the KKK  playbook.

So until the politicians and police start enforcing that law, anything they say about not wanting violence is absolute bullshit.
I also appreciate the historical symmetry here. Anti-mask laws to preclude Democratic Violence, eitherway you slice it.

But its also a lesson, all it takes for Anarchy to reign is for the existing laws to not be enforced.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Protecting the Constitutional, and lawful permitted activity of free speech, that was planned, approved, and budgeted....

My own itty bitty county SO has done so, many times.

Selective enforcement of order, and selective protection of rights, is a criminal act by Government.

Good luck holding Govt. accountable at any level, outside of the small corners that never make the news.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Protecting the Constitutional, and lawful permitted activity of free speech, that was planned, approved, and budgeted....

My own itty bitty county SO has done so, many times.

Selective enforcement of order, and selective protection of rights, is a criminal act by Government.

Good luck holding Govt. accountable at any level, outside of the small corners that never make the news.
View Quote
They pulled it off in Pikeville(?) Kentucky too, and that was much more solid 88ers vs. Louisville ANTIFA...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#25]
FWIW, the next time one of these protests/counter-protests occurs and the politicians are tripping over their dicks to get in front of a TV camera, I just want to see one reporter ask if the anti-masking laws will be enforced or if they're going to allow that kind of lawlessness at the outset and then complain violent lawlessness after the fact.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
The news media wanted the violence, it makes good headlines.

What is the definition of "news worthiness?" The words conflict, divisiveness, & discord come to my mind.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is the definition of "news worthiness?" The words conflict, divisiveness, & discord come to my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Fourth Estate (Media) is more of a Fifth Column for the Leftists (which was the Government in this case).

Not much has changed since Marat and the French Revolution.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
"If it bleeds it leads."
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#29]
As much as I hate white supremacists and the complete embarrassment to the human race that neo-Nazis are, they do have the right to get out there and make themselves look like idiots.

CPD dropped the ball... Even if the story about the gov't interceding and telling them to back off is true, whoever was in charge should have said ot was a public safety issue and told the Mayor/Gov to fuck off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FPNI.  As much as I dislike the ACLU, they are right in that the police are supposed to keep the peace and the stand down order was contrary to that.  Then when they moved, they pushed the opposing sides together.
View Quote
If they're not going to keep the peace, they can at least not try to force the groups together to clash. Nothing against the police, of course, just their leadership.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:05:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the day of reckoning comes, I'd hold the MSM accountable prior to the politicians.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:08:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If the day of reckoning comes, I'd hold the MSM accountable prior to the politicians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, I'd rank Culpability as follows:

1. International Finance
  2. Lawyers
  3. Media
  4. Politicians
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#34]
There is going to have to be a federal law about cities refusing to enforce laws that provide access to constitutional rights.  

Flat out...the local gov can't say "you can't defend yourself"...and then say "and we won't defend you either"...it's their job.  They need to either do it or stop preventing people from doing it themselves.  

Can't have that both ways.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:21:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is going to have to be a federal law about cities refusing to enforce laws that provide access to constitutional rights.  

Flat out...the local gov can't say "you can't defend yourself"...and then say "and we won't defend you either"...it's their job.  They need to either do it or stop preventing people from doing it themselves.  

View Quote
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#36]
I lived in Virginia a long time.  A few things you gotta realize to understand what happened in Charlottesville:

1.  Charlottesville is a college town filled with Liberals and Leftists.  People outside of there refer to that area as "The People's Democratic Republic of Albemarle County."

2.  The Mayor is a huge liberal.

3.  The Governor of Virginia is Terry McAuliffe, a carpet-bagging Clinton-machine goon.  He won because the Democrats secretly sponsored a 3rd-party "Libertarian Party" spoiler to split the Republican vote and keep a Republican out of the Governor's mansion.

4.  The governor of Virginia and the mayor of Charlottesville both had an interest in seeing violence happen because it would play against Trump and his supporters.  And it has.  It has been a HUGE propaganda victory for the Left/liberals/Democrats.  It might not have staying power, but it was undeniably successful for their purposes.

5.  The Charlottesville cops will do what the Mayor tells their leadership tells them to do.  The Virginia State Police will do what McAuliffe tells their leadership to do.  This is how police departments work, and nobody's gonna go rogue and enforce the law because "Lisa needs braces."

6.  The Virginia ACLU can suck my nuts. They are in CYA mode.  They don't give a shit about conservative or other free speech, based on my experience with them trying to get their help for a Virginia Tea Party group.  If they helped the Unite the Right rally, it's only because they were trying to establish future precedent for other liberal and left-wing groups.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well the news sure wasn't telling us.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I lived in Virginia a long time.  A few things you gotta realize to understand what happened in Charlottesville:

1.  Charlottesville is a college town filled with Liberals and Leftists.  People outside of there refer to that area as "The People's Democratic Republic of Albemarle County."

2.  The Mayor is a huge liberal.

3.  The Governor of Virginia is Terry McAuliffe, a carpet-bagging Clinton-machine goon.  He won because the Democrats secretly sponsored a 3rd-party "Libertarian Party" spoiler to split the Republican vote and keep a Republican out of the Governor's mansion.

4.  The governor of Virginia and the mayor of Charlottesville both had an interest in seeing violence happen because it would play against Trump and his supporters.  And it has.  It has been a HUGE propaganda victory for the Left/liberals/Democrats.  It might not have staying power, but it was undeniably successful for their purposes.

5.  The Charlottesville cops will do what the Mayor tells their leadership tells them to do.  The Virginia State Police will do what McAuliffe tells their leadership to do.  This is how police departments work, and nobody's gonna go rogue and enforce the law because "Lisa needs braces."

6.  The Virginia ACLU can suck my nuts. They are in CYA mode.  They don't give a shit about conservative or other free speech, based on my experience with them trying to get their help for a Virginia Tea Party group.  If they helped the Unite the Right rally, it's only because they were trying to establish future precedent for other liberal and left-wing groups.
View Quote
Isn't also true that the mayor is a PhD grad from Berkeley as well?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:21:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can also blame Chris Christie, head of the Republican Governors Association for failing to provide funds to the (very conservative) Republican candidate. As with Trump, the GOP preferred a liberal to a conservative.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#41]
The anonymous, violent mob is the perfect proxy for the left's agenda.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#42]
They are likely correct but I think it's more of a first shot by peeps looking to get paid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Someone not a leftist will get it in their head that when the police do nothing but protect the enemy, that they ARE the enemy.

The sad part, is it is going to take police deaths before they wake up and realize this. Along with escalating violence all around, I would not be surprised if right-on-leo violence started happening soon.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup. I called that when I was looking at the footage fairly early on.  LEOs were making little effort at all to keep the two groups separate and prevent violence.  

Best case scenario...the on scene LEOs were completely incompetent.  Worst case...they were intentionally letting that $h1t show happen.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#45]
This is interesting.  IGNORE the left-hand side conspiracy stuff about "where's the video," pay attention to the right-hand side showing how the ralliers were channeled towards the counter-ralliers.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#46]
No Shit
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Of course Fast Terry wanted violence, even though Va went full retard in 16, Fast Terry is pissed that he isn't in the Clinton White house again. His sole purpose as Governor of Va, is to fuck Va up as much as possible. His little Bitch Boy Northam will be doing the same things.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Signs point to yes

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Government The Governor wanted the violence

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top