Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 11:07:17 PM EDT

As Chilean miners below await rescue, strains test families above
September 05, 2010 23:37 EDT

SAN JOSE MINE, Chile (AP) –– As 33 Chilean miners begin their second month trapped 2,300 feet underground, there are tensions on the surface between some of their loved ones.

One miner's wife and lover have been keeping vigil. When the two realized they were praying for the same man, they had a very public argument, and the wife tore down a poster with the miner's photo that the mistress had set up.

The mistress taped her poster back up, and beneath several poems and prayers she had dedicated to him, she added: "Tu Senora," or "your wife."

Other relatives have been squabbling over who should get the miners' paychecks during the weeks or months it may take to rescue them.

The situation has forced the local government to take a few measures. The miners have been asked to send up a note designating who could get their $1,600 salary for August. And social workers have been brought in to sort out who gets boxes of food and other donated goods.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were him I think it might be smarter to stay down there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, he's already in Hell...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#4]

i hope he requests some twix candy bars when he gets out

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What is it with the first post. Its like it gives people extra intelligence, then its all down hill from there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#6]
And the plot thickens...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Incoming James Cameron movie about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Any man who sinks his shaft 2 miles deep needs more than one lover.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]

I don't know, with a random sampling of 33 Chilean men it seems like it would be inevitable.
But then again, in any population there's always that guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top