Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/11/2010 10:24:53 AM EDT
So all of a sudden, our home PC won't allow proper viewing of youtube videos. The sound of the video is playing in the background, but all that's seen is what amounts to a very slow slide show. Any tips and/or suggestions to remedy this annoyance?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:05:57 AM EDT
Help a brother out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:10:56 AM EDT
Having same trouble with my laptop. If the video your viewing has options to drop to 240p then you might be able to view it correctly. Otherwise I would say to invest into a newer video card that supports HD.

My laptop is 8 years old and only has 32mb of video so I need to upgrade my entire laptop.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:13:39 AM EDT
Could be many reasons so need more info
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:21:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By geegee:
Help a brother out.

I'd love to help, but nothing has changed suddenly with youtube that I'm aware of...
still works fine for me, I just tested it with an old PC for ya, one that doesn't handle hi-def well, and I have no issues here.

So I don't know what the trouble could be.

Have you tried rebooting?
Check the start up and processes to see whats running in the background?
Check for Malware?
See if it works in either Firefox or Chrome browsers?
Check if you have the latest Flash update?
Check if you have the latest video card drivers?

Aside from that stuff, I don't know what to think.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:44:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By atxjax:
Having same trouble with my laptop. If the video your viewing has options to drop to 240p then you might be able to view it correctly. Otherwise I would say to invest into a newer video card that supports HD.

My laptop is 8 years old and only has 32mb of video so I need to upgrade my entire laptop.

This, I can't watch the hi def video's at all, same effect the OP described
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:40:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Magurgle:
Originally Posted By atxjax:

This, I can't watch the hi def video's at all, same effect the OP described

That sounds reasonable to me, as this PC is certainly eight years old. I did update Flash the other day, so I doubt that's it. I'll try to update the drivers and see if that makes a difference but I'm probably stalling the inevitable, i.e. a new machine. Thanks for all the replies.

Top Top