Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 5:18:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not an expert, but it is tough to slow down video shot at 30 frames per second.  You can slow the frame rate, (command line utilities in Linux  or Mac OS-X such as ffmpeg allow this), but you get choppy video that is unappealing to watch.

If you are looking for the "John Wu" effect, you really need to shoot higher frame rates (60, 90, 120) and then replay the video at the standard 30 frames per second, then you get the fluid, smooth slow motion effect.

As far as I know, only a few high end pro-sumer HD DV cams allow ou to capture video at 60 frames per second.  All the higher rates that I know of are done on film, and digitized post processing for editing.

Cheers,

Geoff
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that you're going to have to use a video editing program like ULEAD.COM or ADOBE PREMIERE in order to slow it down. Then, you can compress it to whatever codec you want.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ok, here is a good one for the hive mind....

i have some video i need to slow down, i saved it from the camera onto the hard drive as an mpeg, dvd quality, but i would like to cut the speed by 1/2, or even 75%

any help would be appreciated

Easily done... if you have the software.  I believe Ulead VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio, up to Adobe Premiere, ect all offer this feature, most have free trial software you can down load and try.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i have pinnacle studio 8, and studio 9

I think you might need Pinnacle Studio 9 PLUS to slow down video.... if so it is a $30 upgrade.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top