Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:14:13 PM EDT
Got my mom an old PC that was built from parts;  that I put Linux Umbutu on, and it got an error message just before the screen went too dark to read anything.
Relative over there tried a new monitor, but got same results.
Says video card is bad, and they don't make this card anymore.

It's brown in color, and here's what's on it:

ASBSA7000-X/T/B2M/A

How do I find what to look for as a replacement?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 2:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of a card like that. Must be really old. Look for a manufactures name or chip name. Better off with a new one. To get a new one you have to find out what type, i.e what connection in the m/board it takes. AGP, PCI, PCI-E ect. If you don't know count the number of pins and the formation of them. Then use google to find out what it is. If PC is just for simple stuff a cheap $20 vid card will suffice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top