Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/24/2005 12:06:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 12:09:53 PM EDT by 4GodandCountry]
Warning: This video is disturbing. There aren't any images of the fallen police officer, but the audio is terrible.

This is a video of a deputy in Georgia stopping an individual for speeding minutes away from his

shifts end. The officer is murdered when the suspect becomes confrontational. I am posting this, not for

the "Shock Value", but because the result could have been avoided if different actions had been taken.

Furthermore, it is individuals like this that give the long-arm stereotype a bad name, i.e. conservative,

white males, from rural areas, many times veterans (so the suspect claims to be), etc. I hope I am not

violating CoC. I would also like to say that I believe I am one of the strongest supporters for police

officers in AR15 discussions, and I find this to be sickening.

Video

Officer Down Memorial Page for Kyle Dinkheller

I know this is from 1998 and it's probably a dupe, but it's worth mentioning. This deputy was 22

years old when he was murdered. 22. That's supposed to be the prime of your life and some scumbag

stole that from him and his pregnant wife. The murderer was Andrew Brannan. I can't find a source

for this, but what I read was that he shot the deputy in all of his extremeties, ensuring that the

bullet-proof vest wouldn't be an issue. Then, his final shot was to Dinkheller's right eye. He was

sentenced to death although there was a plea of insanity.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:12:38 PM EDT
I have seen (heard) this one before...never again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 12:48:17 PM EDT by leelaw]

ETA: who shot first? I couldn't tell from the video. I did see that the LEO shot out the driver's door glass before the BG got up and shot the LEO.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 12:15:21 PM EDT by BURN]
R.I.P. that said I would never tell someone to put a gun down that many times especially if I saw it was a rifle(negating my body armor) and they were telling me off like that man was...Live and Learn
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:15:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:16:08 PM EDT
I will never be able to comprehend why that happened. The officer was simply too afraid to use deadly force. That piece of shit should have been dead a thousand times over.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:18:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:19:50 PM EDT
words I cannot express
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:20:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:27:54 PM EDT
sad and unfortunate.. but as mentioned.. wth?.... all that time to have done something and didn't, sure it's 'monday morning quarterbacking', but damn!

calling for backup and dialing 911, lesson to be learned; ya gotta look out for #1 first.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:29:00 PM EDT
very sad. I saw that video a while back. That deputy waited way too long to shoot that nutcase with the M-1. The deputy left a wife and children behind.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:29:56 PM EDT
Brannan is going to burn in h$%*.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:31:21 PM EDT
I can even comment
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:36:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:45:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 12:45:35 PM EDT by SGB]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:13:30 PM EDT
Andrew Brannan
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:17:08 PM EDT
I have the whole episode in VHS format. very sad, not gonna watch it today.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:18:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:20:17 PM EDT

That is sickening.......I would like to fuck that guy up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:24:48 PM EDT
Saw this one in class. There is a whole series.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:31:27 PM EDT
Oh God. I wish I didn't click on that.

Rest In Peace Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller. You are a hero.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:32:54 PM EDT
RIP Officer Dinkheller.

God bless him.

God damn those who harm law enforcment.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:35:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 1:35:40 PM EDT by Luxan]
may have been a good officer but he gave his life away.

He was not trained to respond like that
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:36:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:39:24 PM EDT
Very sad, prayers sent to his family I'm sure they still need them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:41:38 PM EDT
RIP.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:43:04 PM EDT
Oh god.....

May this brave officer rest in peace.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:54:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FiveO:
I will never be able to comprehend why that happened. The officer was simply too afraid to use deadly force. That piece of shit should have been dead a thousand times over.

Although I'm hesitant to question his ability to shoot him, I agree. As soon as he got to screaming I would have drawn, and fired as soon as I saw a firearm in his hand. That's what I'd plan anyway, in reality I don't think any of us can really predict what we'd do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:54:54 PM EDT
Those screams really shook me up.

I would like to think that I would have used force sooner if I were him, but I can't say for sure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:57:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:08:45 PM EDT
I have watched the actual video and its one of the best real examples of combat midset you will ever see. The murder was a vietnam veteran who decided on a course of action and stuck to it. The deputy was young, inexperianced, indecisive and polite to a flaw. He calls the guy "sir" several times where "If you move I'm going to shoot you in the face, motherfucker!" would have been more appropriate.

Even as the suspect grabs the rifle from behind the truck seat the depurty is still shouting his fatally polite verbal commands.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:09:50 PM EDT
~RIP~ Officer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:15:24 PM EDT
Should have shot sooner. Can't hesitate in these situations. It was a mini-30 by the look of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:17:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 2:18:37 PM EDT by Gregory_A]
Damn...RIP.

Question to LEO's here:

Given the videotape as evidence,would you be justified shooting the guy the second he took out his rifle ? Or does training say the other guy has to shoot first ?

Serious question there.I don't want to hear the "Lookout for #1" line,I want to know if the officer would have been justified in shooting that POS once he picked up the weapon.If not,the laws are fucked up.That officer should have been able to drop that POS as soon as he grabbed the rifle.No IAD investigations,no civil lawsuits,no suspension from duty,nothing.No reprimands at all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:18:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:
Should have shot sooner. Can't hesitate in these situations. It was a mini-30 by the look of it.

M-1 Carbine.

He shot at the Deputies limbs, because he knew he had a vest on, until he was disabled, then shot him in the head.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:18:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
I have watched the actual video and its one of the best real examples of combat midset you will ever see. The murder was a vietnam veteran who decided on a course of action and stuck to it. The deputy was young, inexperianced, indecisive and polite to a flaw. He calls the guy "sir" several times where "If you move I'm going to shoot you in the face, motherfucker!" would have been more appropriate.

Even as the suspect grabs the rifle from behind the truck seat the depurty is still shouting his fatally polite verbal commands.

Poor kid didn't stand a chance, brainwashed to be PC even to the death! I am too old school for that "sir, sir sir" crap over and over. The POS shooter had his mind made up he wanted to kill that poor Deputy, and the Deputy didn't stand much of a chance. It really got to me when you could hear his voice raising up in octaves as his adrenaline levels rose. RIP brother, hope that waste of oxygen who shot him got the big needle!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 2:20:05 PM EDT by viper5194]
I watched it twice and its effected me more then any of the Iraq vieos i've seen. The officer should have reacted sooner. Im not an LEO but I do know in my mind that if I encounter a situation where another pulls a gun, I will not hesitate. Unfortunelty officers are trained and usualy required to try all routs before use of deadly force. the officer was well withing his rights to fire once he spotted the suspects gun, he indeed did wait too long to react.

Rest in peace officer....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:27:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:39:52 PM EDT
Looks like the shot that hit the truck windshield damn near got his head, too bad it did'nt.

Does anyone know if this piece of shit is dead yet. If not we should send him some "I cannot wait until you rot in hell" thank you type notes.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:00:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By elvisp:
Looks like the shot that hit the truck windshield damn near got his head, too bad it did'nt.

Does anyone know if this piece of shit is dead yet. If not we should send him some "I cannot wait until you rot in hell" thank you type notes.

That would be a great reminder for the POS. Every month send him a letter simply stating "I cannot wait for your death you mother fucker"

I bet that would ruin him for a day or two.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:09:29 PM EDT
Ive seen that one before. It is by far the worst shooting vidieo i have ever seen.

Notice how the shooter checks for traffic before he steps out into the road after reloading. He used suppressing fire and shot around the vest. That is the difference between a killer who has "been there, done that", and a mentaly unprepared kid. I heard that the Dept. he worked for was really PC. Several coworkers said that department mentality had alot to do with the way the deputy reacted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:16:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 9:19:44 PM EDT by Firelotus]
My stomach is in knots right now,

Horrifying audio from the video, RIP officer

What was stopping him from shooting the criminal once he had a firearm???
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:22:56 PM EDT
fuck....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:23:44 PM EDT
from the reactions of the posts here... Nah, I dont really wanna watch it.

Ive always said that PC is our modern day "Trojan horse"
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:30:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DrFrige:
from the reactions of the posts here... Nah, I dont really wanna watch it.

Ive always said that PC is our modern day "Trojan horse"

You should watch it, along with the Trooper Marc Coates video to understand why, some us find the sheep posts so offensive....................................... It might help you with insight into why LEO's sometimes react the way they do.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:35:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OLY-M4gery:

You should watch it, along with the Trooper Marc Coates video to understand why, some us find the sheep posts so offensive....................................... It might help you with insight into why LEO's sometimes react the way they do.

Thanks, this deserves to be repeated.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:38:41 PM EDT
I remember watching this video in the academy.

They said that when they interviewed the suspect later, he said something along the lines of not fearing the officer since he was 'too nice'.

I think the suspect went back to his truck and started loading a mag while the officer was asking him to stop. The officer did return fire (22 rounds I think) but did not do any damage.

It was an unfortunate situation, RIP Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:40:16 PM EDT
Not all people who join the police become LEOs with a strong insight into combat...

Afterall, those on this forum, airchair commandos or not, do not represent a majority of the population. This poor deputy clearly, was more afraif of legal consequences instead of lethal consequences, and probably did not have much in preperation/training for a violent encounter... From the looks of things, his dept. probably couldn't afford training for a event like that because statistically cops probably will get violent encounters more often in urban areas, etc...

There is a reason why there are classes and seminars and instructors who keep preaching about being decisive fighters... Constant regimented military training... chanting "KILL!" makes one forget all the pleasantries of "civilized" society, because when the SHTF being polite just isn't gonna help you.

That poor man's cries really upset me... Being a armchair commando is fine and dandy till you see what the battle really is like...
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/24/2005 9:51:08 PM EDT by TheTracker]
Very sad video to watch. Just a question to the LEO's can you have your shotgun handy in the front seat when on duty. I remember seeing cops a long time ago having shotguns next to them in a holder.Why not anymore?I think if the officer had one with 00 pointing at him it could have turned out differently
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:44:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hajami:
I remember watching this video in the academy.

They said that when they interviewed the suspect later, he said something along the lines of not fearing the officer since he was 'too nice'.

I think the suspect went back to his truck and started loading a mag while the officer was asking him to stop. The officer did return fire (22 rounds I think) but did not do any damage.

It was an unfortunate situation, RIP Deputy Kyle Wayne Dinkheller

The suspect was shot in the abdomen, and was captured a short distance from the shooting site. I believe the wound kept him from being more mobile.

The suspect has supposedly said if the officer had been more forceful initially, he may not have opened fire.

I'm just guessing here, but that is BULLSHIT. He is trying to blame to officer for his criminal act. He was way, way hyped up, during that, and I beleive it is because his body hit FIGHT in the flight-fight mode.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:50:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheTracker:
Very sad video to watch. Just a question to the LEO's can you have your shotgun handy in the front seat when on duty. I remember seeing cops a long tme ago having shotguns next to them in a holder.Why not anymore?

Cost, for the secure mounting device.
PC, don't want to scare the sheeple.
De-weaponizing, YES THAT'S RIGHT. In a lot of places that have TRT/SWAT/ERT they have the weapons, which are sometimes taken away from the rank and file officers.
Complacency, we haven't fire a long gun round....................

Even if he had a shotgun, would it have helped? Once the fight was on would he have been able to get to the car, reach in, unlock it, charge it, and use it, before he was hit with multiple carbine rounds?

Then we could get into what equipment is on police shotguns. Ours just recently got side saddle shell holders. They are up to 40 years old. My assigned vehicle has a shotgun with a bead site......... No slings, lights, etc. If you get the shotgun out, w/o a sling, it becomes a real problem if you have to go hands on, or deploy a different weapon, OC, Taser, baton.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top