Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 9:34:34 AM EDT
I'm moving shows like, "ShootOut!" from my Tivo onto a pair of mirrored disks to start to develop a video library.  I have software that lets me take the commericals out of the shows but sometimes the audio becomes out-of-sync with the video.  It's a little distracting.  Anyone know what causes this?  I'm using software called DVGate Plus.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
how is it compressed? Lots of codecs will interleave the audio with the video, so when you edit out some video, the audio is not synced exactly. More or less.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good question ... That's got to be it, though.  I know how to spell codec and that's about it so I'm not certain what it's been compressed with.  I doubt there's any freely available software that can "handle" the sync issues huh?  Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#3]
sync issues can sometimes be fixed by changing the audio bitrate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top