Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2002 2:37:11 PM EDT
I have started looking at bikes again. I really miss not having a street bike. Fact is I just plain cannot afford a Harley at their inflated prices. I have had really good luck with Polaris 4wheelers, so I browsed to the Victory (made by Polaris)site and looked around.

I have partially fallen in love with their new Vegas model( See pic below)that is due out. I think it looks great, we will see how it handles? Anyone have any feedback on these or know of anyone that has had good or bad luck?

1500cc and it is a pretty affordable softail knockoff

[img]http://www.victory-usa.com/img/vic/03vicvegas_actnxx.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked into the Victory motorcycles a little less than a year ago. I talked with one of the mechanics at a motorcycle shop that sells both the Polaris and Kawasaki brands. The kid told me that the Kawasaki was the better deal since he has seen less of them coming into the shop.

If you are looking for a cruising style of bike you can try the Honda Shadows (about 8- 9 grand), remember even if you want an “American motorcycle” most brands are built in the USA with Japanese components, even the exhaust systems and electronic equipment on Harley’s say “Made in Japan”

BTW the Victory bikes do have a great look to them.

Have fun riding.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If you like it, buy it, but I don't really think they are a hell of a lot cheaper than a Harley.

The downside I see to them is finding a place to service them.  They are machines and will eventually break.

With a Japanese Cruiser or Harley, a dealer can usually be found in reasonable distance.  With a Polaris who knows?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top