Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2001 4:28:23 AM EDT
Judge Rejects County Gun Show Law
[url]http://www.cnsnews.com/ThisHour.asp#Judge%20Rejects%20County%20Gun%20Show%20Law[/url]

CNSNews.com) - A federal judge this week ruled that Montgomery County, Md., cannot enforce a law banning gun shows at the privately-owned fairgrounds in the city of Gaithersburg.
A report in Friday's Washington Post said the judge did not address constitutional questions in his ruling. He simply said the county cannot enforce its new gun show restrictions within Gaithersburg city limits.

In an attempt to rid of gun shows, Montgomery County passed a law in May restricting where gun shows may be held and imposing new regulations on gun show producers, the Post reported.

Because the fairground in Gaithersburg is privately owned, the county council used money to apply pressure. It said county funds could not be used for any group allowing the display and sale of guns.

A spokesman for Montgomery County Executive Douglas Duncan said the County will appeal the judge's ruling. "We are going to defend our right to regulate firearms," said David Weaver.

Its sooo refreshing when the MD gun grabbers get put in their place by the federal courts, too bad the ruling didnt focus on our rights (as compared to Mr. Duncan's "right to regulate firearms").

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
All it takes is one determined individual...
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhhh, a breath of fresh air.

[i]Right to regulate firearms.[/i]
What's sad is that he is not kidding.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ahhhh, a breath of fresh air.
View Quote

Ditto that.

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's one case where I'm [i]happy[/i] the Feds were involved!
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Hate to say it, but after 6 years of living in the anti-gun Hell-Hole called the Peoples Republik of MD, I moved to Virginia.

I feel for my fellow Ar15.commers who are still there...you are VASTLY outnumbered.

Bulldog Out
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I feel for my fellow Ar15.commers who are still there...you are VASTLY outnumbered.

Bulldog Out
View Quote

Ain't it the truth?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top