Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:10:59 PM EDT
Does anyone else have these or use them?

They're all over the gun shows here, usually 3-5 bucks each, and are the sharpest knives I own.  

I like the red handle ones as they are easier to find in a drawer and more Swiss.  

They're the cat's meow as far as I'm concerned.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:59:55 AM EDT
good inexpensive stamped knives, take an edge easily. You'll find em as kitchen knives in most joints that supply them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:18:02 AM EDT
I have several of these also.  They are my "go to" knives in the kitchen.  My favorite is the semi-flex boning knife.  I can pretty much accomplish almost any kitchen cutting task with either the semi-flex boning knife or or my chef's knife.

I friend of mine who worked in a processing plant turned me onto them.  I own a nice henkels chef's knife, but I am just as pleased with the victorinox ones.  In fact, I've often considered buying a complete array of the victorinox knives.  I'm sure that they'd last a lifetime.

Best of all, they are washable.  Highly recommended.

M.L.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:19:09 AM EDT
I've bought dozens of  regrounds that were salvaged from butchers and fish mongers. I give them out as gifts. I love 'em.!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:34:46 AM EDT
Sharp. Heavy. Well balanced. Designed to make any type of "cutting" an ease!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:10:37 AM EDT
Here's where I get my Forschner Victorinox knives:  Knife Outlet .  I recommend staying with the Fibrox handles, rather than wood, for utility purposes.

I believe that the standard "Victorinox" brand is a stamped blade, while the R.H. Forschner 'Victorinox" knives are not.  I stand corrected.

I've never seen these with red handles.  $3-$5 apiece is an amazingly low price.  The ones I've been purchasing are usually at least $15.

M.L.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:14:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By logem:

In fact, I've often considered buying a complete array of the victorinox knives.  I'm sure that they'd last a lifetime.

Best of all, they are washable.  Highly recommended.

M.L.

Not a lifetime. Had one break off at the handle. The metal had stressed or rusted through where the handle and blade met. I used the knife normally and never put it in the dishwasher.
For nine bucks, though, it was still a decent knife.
Top Top