Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 11:38:29 AM EDT
Just noticed this new channel and watched some of it last night.

Pretty surreal to watch a bunch of idiots produce television shows based on pot. Really

Whole cooking shows using pot in all different ways in several dishes and then they sat around a table and made like they were some
Food Network judges, critiquing the food. Even paired up some different strains of bud with certain dishes and went to town on the bongs in between courses.

Fucking weird. Sad. They saw themselves as some enlightened, intellectual, elite but were a bunch of blowhard, no-sense-making, stoners.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#1]
its not all bad... some of it is interesting

I like the mixed race guy that does interviews with extremist groups like the KKK and black panthers and etc...

hes standing around talking to this one guy when the guys methhead trashy wife pops up with "wishing for another genocide"
and hes like....  pause.... ohh ok    and they just keep talking lol    some nutty people out there
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
That channel is a joke and a joke to work for.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Go on...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I like the mixed race guy that does interviews with extremist groups like the KKK and black panthers and etc...

hes standing around talking to this one guy when the guys methhead trashy wife pops up with "wishing for another genocide"
and hes like....  pause.... ohh ok    and they just keep talking lol    some nutty people out there
View Quote
This ^^

Their series "CyberWar" was excellent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go on...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go on...
I won't work for them. I hear stories all of the time how their producers/crews are unprofessional, pay low rates, take forever to pay and just other crew bull crap. They are like Buzzfeed on TV. Get a bunch of college grads, pay them little, get crap content.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I won't work for them. I hear stories all of the time how their producers/crews are unprofessional, pay low rates, take forever to pay and just other crew bull crap. They are like Buzzfeed on TV. Get a bunch of college grads, pay them little, get crap content.
View Quote
They're all stoned!! That channel sucks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried to watch some movie on the channel a few weeks ago.

Couldn't do it because of the commercials.

One example, black dude yelling about how all lives don't matter, just blm.

Stoners can have it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm still pissed they replaced the science channel with this garbage.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Every once in a while there is a interesting show that doesn't have to deal with weed or getting fucked up.  But it seems that most of their content is gay related, weed related, and basic shock and leftist junk.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw some commercials for a show they were plugging called "Jungletown."  It looked like a bunch of kids getting tossed into some rain forest in South America to live like good commies, then some of them start figuring out that when you give people the chance to do nothing and get all they want, they actually do nothing.

I'm guessing the show is different than the commercials simply based on the channel, but I keep missing it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
So, they're a bunch of non-union scabs?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
fucking stoners.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how many of you self-righteous people have a drink in the evening.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
#thatsfuckingdelicious

You should hear him on Rogan.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are non-union but that doesn't matter to me. I've worked on plenty of non-union shows that were awesome.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm guessing OP watched Bong Appetit. My wife and I view it more as an psuedo-educational comedy. We're both nerds and like to cook so from a science/culinary perspective, it's interesting to see what they come up with beyond "special brownies". We have a couple of uptight relatives that we wish we could put one of those dishes in front of at the holidays. It's also an interesting contrast to the Drugs, Inc. show.

Quoted:
Just what do you market to gay stoners?
View Quote
Penis shaped bongs?

Bong shaped dildos and fleshlights?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I've never actually watched that channel, but my biggest problem is that it is what replaced History's H2 channel (the one that still had shows actually about history, not pawn shops and swamp people
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, they guys who sat around with the multi-course dope infused drink, paired with a dope infused dish, finished with a bong hit, looked like fools.

Hate Thy Neighbor is interesting.

Abandoned is actually watchable.

They're still all stoners.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I watch "Dead Set on Life" on Viceland. I love that fat dude, Matty Matheson. Other than that, that channel sucks balls. 99.9% of it is left wing liberal bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#21]
What if I told you.....

Changing the channel is a perfectly viable option...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This ^^

Their series "CyberWar" was excellent.
View Quote
Yes it was.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#23]
It used to be H2 (History 2 ) channel.  I was pissed when it changed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Thoght this was going to be a thread about the cops eating the brownies after they raided the pot shop.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of you self-righteous people have a drink in the evening.
View Quote
Hell, I just finished off a little Buffalo Trace while I was watching those pseudo intellectual pot head.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#26]
That channel is run by a bunch of tard libs as well.  I saw a movie on there last month, it was a violent movie, gun use, drug use, killing, blood, etc...then the commercials came on & all of a sudden we had some anti Trump crap.  A Latino "student" saying how she's afraid for her country & her people cause Trump hates them & doesn't want to get deported...some BS like that......  Never watched the channel again.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What if I told you.....

View Quote
Haha....or go do something.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What if I told you.....

View Quote
Remote was all the way over on the other couch, so...not really an option.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Trash.  Absolute trash.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a remote-go finder. She's 12.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I watched that show a few times.
My little world Pot = is in a crumpled up Baggie held up by someone looking for rolling Papers across the room at a party.

I was dumbfounded by how many different strains and separate products pot is or has become.

I have friends that are bicoastal wine snobs. Super smart and well educated and I saw a lot of similarities between the potheads and the wine snobs.

I boycott the VICE channel now. During the election they picked the wrong side and droned on endlessly about trump hate, fuck dumptrumpers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you were couch-locked watching a show about the Devil's Lettuce?

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is basically how I view it. If you don't take it too seriously, it can be entertaining and informative. Don't take every word as gospel, obviously

Action Bronson's show is great, partly because it is kind of surreal.

They have some show about the unusual ways people make money. They had a guy who got his FFL and was selling NFA stuff, pretty neat.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Lamers
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It used to be H2 (History 2 ) channel.  I was pissed when it changed.
View Quote
THIS!.........................................who was the genius who thought that one up?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm interested in the subjects, but its all unwatchable.  They are like a dysfunctional NPR on tv.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
#thatsfuckingdelicious

You should hear him on Rogan.
View Quote
His show where he watches ancient aliens with his buddies is... Interesting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top