Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 12:49:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 6:01:23 PM EST by rasanders22]
I took my lab into the emergency Vet tonight. He's been throwing up all day, about 20 times we figured. To get some x-rays and blood work its almost 400 dollars. Damm That is a lot of money for me right now, expecially since all that money is just to figure out what is wrong with him. Someone needs to start an affordable pet-insurance program.

My dog has pancreatitus. Vet bills have run up to about 800 something. Has no longer throwing up but he has had bloody diheara. They are keaping up another 24 hours.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:39:51 AM EST
There are a couple of pet insurance companies out there... but my experience has been less-than-good.
I had a client bring in a Great Dane with a minor orthopedic anomaly (a limp and slightly abnormal conformation in one rear leg, but worsening rapidly). We shot a couple of X-rays to make sure that we knew what we were dealing with- it was an older dog, so I was a little worried about cancer. We shoot X-rays and things are not too bad, overall.
In short, the insurance company did everything within its power not to pay these people back. It was insane. I wound up filing paperwork for them three times with lengthening additional documentation on each occasion.
I have been bitter about that wasted time ever since.

Anyway, I hope that your dog is O.K.- going to an E.C. is very expensive, but it's a premium service. They'd have to pay me a lot to stay up all night, too.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:01:31 PM EST
btt
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:09:37 PM EST
My dog has renal failure. Seems like he was poisend but there is not really any chance of that happening. He spent 3 days at the vet on IV therapy, lots of tests. Cost about $1200 and he is now on expensive low protein food. His kidneys seem to be better and he is worth it.
Top Top