Poll incoming

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Neither...

I would wait until mid Feb when the new models are coming out
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Phone being bought will be used, and done becauses prices on new phones are insane.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Get the Palm 700w. I use one and love it! I'll never go back to a regular phone.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
C. None of the above.

Why? Becuase neither of them are "tri-mode" so they don't pick up AMPS 850, which is the analog frequency. This means that out in the sticks you may well have no signal. IMHO it is too soon to adopt an all digital phone unless you never stray from the city.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Motorola K1 KRZR
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]
If you sign up for a 2yr contract, you get either a Razor or an LG VX8300 for free.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#7]
This is to replace an existing phone.  

These are the 2 choices

If you have a recommendation on these 2, thanks, if not, no worries, but there are no other phones in consideration.

There will be no signing shit for a free phone.  There is already a contract in place.

Thanks

TXL
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the LG vx8600 for like 50 bucks with a 2yr contract.

The thing is awesome especially coming from a Nextel I730
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Honestly, I'd go with the XV6700, main reason being, the keyboard. The keyboard is a lot bigger and much easier to type on than the i730. The i730 does indeed have a faster processor, but other than that, that is it's only real advantage. The 6700 does have a camera, vs the i730 which does not. The differences are small, but the the small keyboard on the i730 is very hard to type on. Also note that there are a whole lot more accessories available for the 6700.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#10]
None of the above.

Verizon uses the the oldest, most outdated technology in their system
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:58:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I just realized I work for Cingular and I told you which phone to get. NICE.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:04:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get the Palm 700w. I use one and love it! I'll never go back to a regular phone.

Good God no...  Not only battery issues but memory issues too...  Opinion sent via IM...
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
None of the above.

Dumbest post of the thread...
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
C. None of the above.

Why? Becuase neither of them are "tri-mode" so they don't pick up AMPS 850, which is the analog frequency. This means that out in the sticks you may well have no signal. IMHO it is too soon to adopt an all digital phone unless you never stray from the city.

Analog will be gone the minute the FCC says.  The only reason you got a good signal on amps is because most of the older phone Tx at 3W or 5W while digital phones Tx at .5W due to FCC regulations.  If you need more Tx strength, buy a good booster like these
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good God no...  Not only battery issues but memory issues too...  Opinion sent via IM...

I love my phone.  Haven't had an issue with the battery or the memory.  Its a great phone.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#17]

No.......that is the stuff they give their outside tech to work with.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Neither. I have an LG VX8600. I love it. Get that. It's verizon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Motorola K1 KRZR

Yeah, if you want a great phone that Verizon absolutely ruined with their stupid proprietary software.

I had a technonerd buddy buy one and take it back within 6 hours because all of the cool features were deactivated by Verizon to attempt to force the end-user to use their "Get It Now" service.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#20]
LG VX8600 for the win.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Analog will be gone the minute the FCC says.

Do you know when Verizon is getting rid of analog?  The store manager I talked to today said Verizon was disconnecting their entire analog network in February.  She also claimed my Treo 600's would stop working then in an attempt to sell me 24 new Treos.  I know that's BS so she might also be wrong about the analog shutdown.

BlackDog714, I was there to ask if we could get a single contact/salesperson to deal with at Verizon as you recommended.  Thanks for that.  I had to fill-out a bunch of paperwork and sign a two year contract on the 24 phones to be considered for it.  I hope we're approved because I'm tired of dealing with the people at the store that are a step below McDonalds help.

If you need more Tx strength, buy a good booster like these

Very interesting.  I just ordered one from Amazon.com.  I might be ordering a dozen more for our work trucks if that works.  They also sell a Yagi antenna to go with it that they claim has a 50 mile range.  If that works, that would be great for traveling through WV.  I've been stuck there (once in snow and another with a broken belt) w/o cellphone service twice recently.z
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you sign up for a 2yr contract, you get either a Razor or an LG VX8300 for free.

Kharn

Just ordered that one.  Fedex should be dropping it off tomorrow, had to order online to get the company discount.  Liked the grey color.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh how DID we get along before the advent of handheld ADD?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Analog will be gone the minute the FCC says.

Do you know when Verizon is getting rid of analog?  The store manager I talked to today said Verizon was disconnecting their entire analog network in February.  She also claimed my Treo 600's would stop working then in an attempt to sell me 24 new Treos.  I know that's BS so she might also be wrong about the analog shutdown.

BlackDog714, I was there to ask if we could get a single contact/salesperson to deal with at Verizon as you recommended.  Thanks for that.  I had to fill-out a bunch of paperwork and sign a two year contract on the 24 phones to be considered for it.  I hope we're approved because I'm tired of dealing with the people at the store that are a step below McDonalds help.

If you need more Tx strength, buy a good booster like these

Very interesting.  I just ordered one from Amazon.com.  I might be ordering a dozen more for our work trucks if that works.  They also sell a Yagi antenna to go with it that they claim has a 50 mile range.  If that works, that would be great for traveling through WV.  I've been stuck there (once in snow and another with a broken belt) w/o cellphone service twice recently.z

Good God I hate the stores...  I know you have had problems with VZW and more than half has been that store.  For that I personally apologize.  

No, I have heard nothing about Feb being the date for the shutdown...  Even if that were the case, it wouldnt effect your Treo 600's.  I hate (almost) all salespeople.  I wish I had more control over the sales people, as lying to make a sale only infuriates your customer and drives them away, even if you have the BEST product.  

Good luck with your account rep.  Remember this word of advise,  when you meet your rep for the first time, you ask him for the name and card of his/her supervisor/manager.  If at any time you dont feel you are getting the best possible service from your rep, give that other number a try.  I deal with the business reps ALL the time and have found that they offer a MUCH better service to their customers.  

If the boosters work, talk to your acct rep about getting partially reimbursed.  You never know, he/she just might do it
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Oh how DID we get along before the advent of handheld ADD?

Pretty damn funny
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#26]
If you live in a rural area, Verizon's service can really suck despite what that wandering asshole (Can you hear me now?) says ont he commercials.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If you live in a rural area, Verizon's service can really suck despite what that wandering asshole (Can you hear me now?) says ont he commercials.

Check some of my previous posts in this thread
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Has Verizon figured out how to iron out the wrinkles when a phone is handed off from a 1x signal into an area with EVDO coverage?

It never fails that when driving to/from Charlotte or Raleigh, I'll lose a call as my phone switches from one signal to the other.  After having had this happen for at least the 20th time this month, I'm about ready to tell Verizon what they can do with my E815.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top