Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:35 PM EDT
I am trying to build an AR to give to my brother as a gift for being the best man in my wedding. So I am trying to keep the cost down and buy parts from the EE..

So anyway I call one of the dealers from this board looking for a Post-ban(Im in CT) 16"barrel. He says he happens to have one Post-Ban left and it is what I am looking for.. He says he wants $150.00 for it. He also says he has a used complete upper minus B/BC/CH for $275.00..

Well at this I cant decide which route to go, so I ask if I can call him later on. He says no problem they are not going anywhere.

Well today I decided to go with the barrel only as I have a stripped upper already. So I put together a list of what else I need to order. Armorers tool, vise block, upper parts kit, gas tube and delta ring kit.

I call him and tell him I talked to him the other day about the post-ban barrel. I was not positive about the price as I was at work but thought it was around 100 and change.. He says $195.00!!! I said I thought it was cheaper than that. No I have another guy interested in it so I dont have a problem getting rid of it.. But I have the complete upper for $300.00.

At this point I say nevermind and goodbye...

It just pisses me off when someone tells you one price then another... I was ready to buy a barrel and alot of other parts. Well I guess he is losing out on my business in the future!!!!!

Sorry so long!! Just pissed and dont have much time left to build this thing!!

What should I do if anything??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top