Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 4:02:30 AM EDT
Poll coming.

Discuss.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have always thought that Cheney would make the better pres.  Over the years he has been a solid concervative.  Not that I am 100% agreement with him, he just seems to carry the flag of smaller government better than GWB.  He is also an excellent speaker and very smart.  I don't think Edwards really knows what he is in for.  It is a shame that Cheney's health is so poor.

Edited to say that veep debates probably don't matter much, however,  if Cheney could actually take the gloves off it may score some points for GWB
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Cheney was born to debate, but he is only the vice president.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
If Cheney can lay the smack-down on Joe, then Edwards is no big feat.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If Cheney can lay the smack-down on Joe, then Edwards is no big feat.

Edwards is a slimy, word-smith trial lawyer, adept at appealing to the type of incompetent, Jerry Springer fans that make up juries.

Don't mis- underestimate him.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Edwards will channel the voice of a fetus who died in childbirth.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Edwards will channel the voice of a fetus who died in childbirth.

I'd almost forgotten about that.

What a freaking loon.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Why even make this poll;  you know you're gonna get pro-Dick comments at a ratio of 20 to 1.

I'm just hoping Dick can give Bush some pointers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why even make this poll;  you know you're gonna get pro-Dick comments at a ratio of 20 to 1.

Because the poll ALSO asks if you think it will matter at all.

Next poll - Can Commish read??

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Chenney will eat him for dinner and shit out a lawyer.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Chenney will eat him for dinner and shit out a lawyer.

Hardly, the shat will be composed of a shot dog of the jbt effort.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the poll ALSO asks if you think it will matter at all.

Next poll - Can Commish read??

hr

I can read all right, but most VP debates don't have much effect IMO.  This upcoming debate on Friday is crucial, and whatever is lost/gained tonight (if anything, which I doubt) won't matter after Friday.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
...., but most VP debates don't have much effect IMO.  This upcoming debate on Friday is crucial, and whatever is lost/gained tonight (if anything, which I doubt) won't matter after Friday.

There ya go. THAT's why the poll / thread. Exactly the commentary I was soliciting.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Heres hoping the general population can see through the fake Klintonesque facial expressions of Edwards.  Ya'll know what I'm talking about - the grimace, the roll of the voice and that G-DAMN fist/thumb thing.  

If the feeling is that Edwards is 'talking down' to the viewers, much like Gore did - I pray most will see through the false "I feel your pain" crap he spews.

I do believe that Cheney can carry on a coversation in a more natural demeanor than Edwards does.

Of course putting my faith in the general population of mindless pukes is a stretch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Edward looked pretty bad in the primary debates.  His kung fu is weaker than expected.  As long as Cheny doesn't gaff, he'll do fine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:25:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope Cheney does that thing when he gets really mad, and then starts to turn green, and then gets all big and muscley, and rips off his shirt, and then starts smashing everything. That's so awesome!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Cheney will lay the smackdown on Edwards and make him cry like a girl.  Bush/Cheney will probably not get much of a bounce, but perhaps a small one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#18]

"The vice presidency ain't worth a pitcher of warm spit."
VP John Nance "Cactus Jack" Garner.

The Vice Presidential debates may be worth even less.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Regarding the first debate, you folks ever been to Texas?  As our Texas members can attest, when faced with a baldfaced lying sack of shit, the first instinct is to knock him flat on his ass, then stomp him for abit.  Bush  only could barely control his temper,  don't blame him for lookiong like he did.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:51:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Edwards is going to come out like a rabid dog attacking Cheney for profitting from the death of our troops, for providing false information on Iraq, for hiding from the terrorists in an undisclosed location...and so on.

Kerry immediately laid into Bush putting him on the defensive for the entire debate.  Edwards is going to try the same thing.  Hopefully Cheney will do a lot better than Bush did.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I think Edwards is going to roll up Cheney and smoke him like a fattty.  Sorry but Edwards is Mr Trial Lawyer extrodinaire.  Cheney is blue collar we respect but he's no lying sack of shit lawyer like Edwards is.  Will affect anything?  No I voted for Bush when Quayle got ram rodded by Lloyd Benson, I'll do the same again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
where's the option where dick tells john to, "fuck off!"?

Its assumed.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't like working next door to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top