Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2009 11:08:17 AM EDT
OK, different trade from different guy. Colt Sporter Hbar ser. # SP2XXXXX. What do you think? The upper looks like it's had a flat top installed in place of the A2 (I'm assuming this year didn't come with a flat top) and a full-length rail (Looks like MI) has been installed. Looks like the orig barrel. It also has a light on it along with a Harris Bipod. It also has some type of Hi rise mount with a Sightron scope. Let's see if I can get pic posted.  

Should I go for it?  
Oh, my trade item is a four wheeler worth around $1000.  

Ok guys. I have a guy wanting to trade me a Vector underfolder AK NIB with three mags and a case for something I have for sale on CL.

What are these things worth? Are they decent?

The Vector site has them for $895 on a waiting list.

Halp!!!!!!!!!!!  

Boarslayer
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Craigslist?  

Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
firearm related stuff on CL?
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
No

I have a quad for sale and he wants to trade me the vector for it.

Boarslayer
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't think Vector was in business anymore?
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You might post on the AK forum. You'll get more informed opinions.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Vector is back in buisness..
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#8]
It ain't worth 900, but Vectors are damn good AK's.

And they actually have excellent triggers from the ones I've handled.

Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I would say $500 for the stamped receiver.  If it is one of their few milled receivers then $850 tops.  AK's just like Ar15's are nosediving in price round here.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ok guys. I have a guy wanting to trade me a Vector underfolder AK NIB with three mags and a case for something I have for sale on CL.

What are these things worth? Are they decent?

The Vector site has them for $895 on a waiting list.

Halp!!!!!!!!!!!  

Boarslayer

Vector actually made quality AKs.

The one problem thats pretty common with the underfolders was that the receivers they used had the selector hole off a little.

It doesnt affect function at all.

But if put the lever on safe there is a small gap between the cover and the lever.

Its a stamped Ohio receiver with this issue.

But otherwise nice triggers.  Very nice smooth park job and finish.  Beats the shit out of the Arsenal guns in this regard.

They were originally 500-600 dollars.

So around 600-700 is not far off.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like the gun is probably worth somewhere in the $650 to $750 range. While there is a waiting list, and it's a nice rifle,  there isn't anything particularly special about the Vector AK that would make it worth buying over other AKs in that price range.

I hope I'm reading all the feedback right. Arfcom is da shiznizzle!  

Boarslayer

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of the latter Vector AK's just before they went out of business.  Every part on the rifle was from a different country (parts kit import ban finally kicked in), no matching numbers at all and they did a hack dremel job on the bolt in order to make it headspace correctly.  I was very dissapointed to say the least, however I have an older all matching numbers Vector AK that looks like a museum piece, so my advice would just be to make sure that the numbers match up, otherwise you might get screwed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought one of the latter Vector AK's just before they went out of business.  Every part on the rifle was from a different country (parts kit import ban finally kicked in), no matching numbers at all and they did a hack dremel job on the bolt in order to make it headspace correctly.  I was very dissapointed to say the least, however I have an older all matching numbers Vector AK that looks like a museum piece, so my advice would just be to make sure that the numbers match up, otherwise you might get screwed.

I decided against the vector. See update at the top of OP.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top