Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2017 5:21:14 PM EDT
Officially scheduled my vasectomy. What did you guys experience in regards to recovery time? How many days back to work?

Booked Appt for mid day Thursday, she said I could be back Monday the following week
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:24:55 PM EDT
Just don`t play softball Monday night and you`ll be fine
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:25:51 PM EDT
About a week of walking gingerly, like you've been in the saddle too long.

And then the achy feeling like you just got kicked in the nuts.  You get used to it and suddenly realize the ache is gone after a month or so.

Wear the snug, compression undies for as long as you can.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:26:25 PM EDT
Depends if you have to defend yourself from intruders by sacrificing your sac ice and TV remote...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:27:43 PM EDT
Honestly, you should be fine the next day. I had mine done early in the morning and was at work the next day.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:29:08 PM EDT
recovery for work or sex?

I would skip heavy physical stuff for a week.

Desk type jobs, Monday easy to go back to work
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:31:33 PM EDT
I had mine done in January. The first week I was really careful and rested and iced the first two day. After that I just took it easy for a couple of weeks and was good to go.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:35:05 PM EDT
done on a Friday and back to work on Monday. Was in the garage lifting the jeep the next day. Was a non issue. Slightly tender but no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:38:05 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends if you have to defend yourself from intruders by sacrificing your sac ice and TV remote...
View Quote
Pretty much the same for me.  I had mine done on a Friday afternoon and I could have gone back to work the same day.  Granted, I have a desk job but still.  I was up and around the whole weekend.  Just didn't do anything strenuous.  Didn't take any of the pain meds either.  Mine was the "no scalpel" vasectomy.  Don't know if that made any difference or not.  It was really no more unpleasant than a vigorous dental cleaning.

eta just realized I quoted the wrong post
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:38:13 PM EDT
Quoted:
Officially scheduled my vasectomy. What did you guys experience in regards to recovery time? How many days back to work?
Booked Appt for mid day Thursday, she said I could be back Monday the following week
View Quote
First day was sore. But I could walk around carefully.
Second day, it was still sore, but the level of pain was lower where I could go about doing stuff as long as I wasn't jumping or running.
Third day, my dick disappeared. Just kidding. I still had some lingering pain, but I could go to the gym and work out with weights, no running or jumping or working on leg stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:41:16 PM EDT
5 years.  no shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:51:00 PM EDT
Done on a friday morning, in krav maga class the following monday.

That was a stupid decision.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:55:38 PM EDT
You will be ok Monday.  But sit on ice all weekend and ice the top also.  I didn't ice the top and I had bruises where I didn't expect.

it will take a couple of months for the boys to hang back where they used to.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:57:56 PM EDT
I jogged home from mine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:58:03 PM EDT
They had me beating my meat one week later in the Doctor's office bathroom. The bad part was the RN who gave me the Playboys was my wife's girlfriend.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:59:16 PM EDT
Did you boys turn in your man card as well?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:59:23 PM EDT
Had mine done on a Friday, went back to work on Monday.  Didn't feel great. Wish I had waited an extra day, but it wasn't horrible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:02:02 PM EDT
Quoted:
done on a Friday and back to work on Monday. Was in the garage lifting the jeep the next day. Was a non issue. Slightly tender but no big deal.
View Quote
Same thing with me.
It was no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:02:44 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:03:22 PM EDT
I was hurting for a week. Sore for a month, couldn't work out hard for two months, and didn't feel 100% until about 3-4 months, but I do manual labor for a living.

After the first week I was up and moving around just fine, but very aware of how it felt to lift stuff.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:04:10 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
I have two kids and now I can bang my wife wherever and whenever without fear of having any more.

So beta I know.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:04:20 PM EDT
Quoted:
5 years.  no shit.
View Quote

The guy that sits next to me at work took like 8 months to recover. He was fucked up
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
The key is to keep ice down there too prevent bruising/swelling I was back to work on Monday no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:06:23 PM EDT
Quoted:
About a week of walking gingerly, like you've been in the saddle too long.

And then the achy feeling like you just got kicked in the nuts.  You get used to it and suddenly realize the ache is gone after a month or so.

Wear the snug, compression undies for as long as you can.
View Quote
That kicked in the sack feeling lingered longer than I would have liked it to for me, but it did go away eventually.

The scary part was days I was feeling 100%, but then would lift or move just right and it would start to come back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:07:39 PM EDT
Follow the doctor's orders.

You can drive yourself to/from if you don't take the Valium the doctor will likely prescribe. I didn't even fill the prescription.

I was back to work the next Monday.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:07:48 PM EDT
Quoted:
I jogged home from mine.
View Quote
Well, now we know what your real name is...

Attachment Attached File

TC
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:08:11 PM EDT
Quoted:

The guy that sits next to me at work took like 8 months to recover. He was fucked up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years.  no shit.

What helped me was ice for two days. After the initial rest period sitting for long periods was brutal, I needed to be up moving around and occasionally I would take an Aleve before bed to help get some of the tension out of the muscles down there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:09:23 PM EDT
They gave me an Rx for 30 percs, I took a total of 2. It wasn't that bad for me. I had a hot nurse who assisted during the procedure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:11:37 PM EDT
I had mine done on a Friday and could have gone back to work on Monday if I needed to (I had the week off).

How long before my nuts stopped hurting is another story...I was still having occasional pain 8 months or so later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:15:05 PM EDT
Tight short and ice packs through Saturday. You'll be a little sore Sunday and fine Monday. Milk it with the wife as long as you can.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:16:49 PM EDT
Quoted:
They gave me an Rx for 30 percs, I took a total of 2. It wasn't that bad for me. I had a hot nurse who assisted during the procedure.
View Quote
When I booked the Appt I wasn't expecting a brief rundown and she starts saying "no blood thinners the week before, shower the night before, shave your scrotum, etc"
I laughed out loud at my desk, wasn't prepared for that
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:18:17 PM EDT
Had mine done on a Fri. and was easily back to work Monday. I do sit at a desk all week though.

I wore the support thing the first week and honestly was going about my daily business like nothing happened the next day.
I had no issues...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:18:37 PM EDT
Quoted:
Tight short and ice packs through Saturday. You'll be a little sore Sunday and fine Monday. Milk it with the wife as long as you can.
View Quote
This is the right move.   And remind her you need plenty o' handys and beej to get the remainder of the swimmers out.  

Doctor's orders.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:18:47 PM EDT
how long before you can do serious lifting, like deadlift, squat, etc?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:19:29 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
This mirrors my experience less the part about the jeep.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:20:54 PM EDT
Done on a Friday. Took it easy over that weekend. Back to work on Monday.
I was careful, but I was just fine. No issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:21:04 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
A month to play it safe if you are feeling good. You can do upper body and other working out after about 2 weeks on the safe side. Believe me, it is one of those things that are better to play it safe
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:22:32 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
I was doing 50% 4-5 weeks out.

I didn't start back towards 5 rep sets for a couple months, things stayed tight for awhile and I was working hard at the same time (probably lengthened recovery).

I wouldn't want to have to do it again, it was just enough annoying pain for just long enough to suck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:23:56 PM EDT
Reminds me I need to get that done
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:23:59 PM EDT
buy the tightest jockstrap you can stand to hold your testicles still afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:25:15 PM EDT
Quoted:

I didn't start back towards 5 rep sets for a couple months, things stayed tight for awhile and I was working hard at the same time (probably lengthened recovery).

I wouldn't want to have to do it again, it was just enough annoying pain for just long enough to suck.
View Quote
good to know. may as well plan a cut during that time it sounds like.
I really need to get this done. Ive got 3 girls and I dont need anymore.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got two girls, we doubled down. My wife got her tubes tied and I got snipped.

Both our kids were one shot wonders, we figured we were too fertile to only have one of us get fixed, the defenses wouldn't hold up.

I actually made my appointment to coincide with the end of a 12 week Push/Pull program, they called me a few days later and bumped me up a month, so it ruined that plan.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:28:34 PM EDT
Recovery? Went back to work afterwards. LOL, recovery.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:32:48 PM EDT
I got mine done on a friday and took the following week off work....

Drank beer, watch tv and chill...

I'm a gym 6 days a week guy so it was a challenge but didn't workout for 10 days
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:34:48 PM EDT
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5 years.  no shit.

Way more common than people think.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:38:48 PM EDT
Quoted:

I've got two girls, we doubled down. My wife got her tubes tied and I got snipped.

Both our kids were one shot wonders, we figured we were too fertile to only have one of us get fixed, the defenses wouldn't hold up.

I actually made my appointment to coincide with the end of a 12 week Push/Pull program, they called me a few days later and bumped me up a month, so it ruined that plan.
View Quote
I have 4 girls. It was get snipped or keep popping them out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:39:22 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote
For what?

Sex?

No pain?

Running?

Football?

CBT?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:40:43 PM EDT
I had the no scalpel type.  It was achey for about a week.  Had sex in 2 days.  Back to running my 2 miles in one week.  All the disposable income from not having any kids is also pretty nice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:43:08 PM EDT
I was fine first few days . Then the sack turned black and blue, hurt for about two weeks . Then all the sex the wife promised.. Im still waiting.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:45:16 PM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote
3 kiddos, two girls
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:47:56 PM EDT
2-3 days with ice for recovery.
4-6 weeks for the swimmers to clear the pipes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top