Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 6:25:37 PM EDT
   I have talked to friends that have had this done and some say nuttin' to it and others say " Uughh " ..   I'm one of the latter..

With "God as my Witness", that was one of the most painfull things I have ever been through. I DO NOT consider myself a PUSSY EITHER !!

BTW, After witnessing my Beautiful Wife give me 3 Wonderful children I thought this would be a cakewalk in comparison.... Uughh !!!

Anyway, a handfull of Ty III's and a few Brewskies I'm hoping to sleep well, Uughh.

If any of you are close to having this procedure done  , DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, TAKE A PERCOCET, VALIUM OR SOMETHING, UUGHHH!!!

Have a nice night....   Uughh!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
"Vasectomy My ASS !!! "
actully its "Vasectomy My VAS DEFERNS" !!! lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow... man I really have a hard time with getting my nuts snipped.  You just don't cut anywhere near those pieces of anatomy.  After my wife delivers our second child (she is pregnant now) she is going to get fixed.  Get this, they have a thing now for the woman, they insert this thing up through her vagina, into the fallopian tubes and they occlude them with something.  No surgery.  She is going to do it because she's heard bad stories about guys getting snipped and doesn't want me to go through it
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Use ice, lots of it, try not to move too much. And stop crying or I will kick you in the nuts!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Girly boy.

Snip, snip, a little smoke curls up off your balls and then sit on the couch in loose pants for a night. They even gave me some great narcotics. Totally unnecessary for the surgery, but always nice to have around the house.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Girly Boy my Hairy... well used to be hairy balls!!

Don't know why but it feels like Vice-Grips on each of my nuts and the swelling isn't affected any with the ice packs ???

I know I know, I'll be OK but THIS SUCKS !!!     Uughh !!!

( I need to buy a Preban Flattop to make me feel better... hehe... That's what I'm talkin' about )
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
hey buddy, just had mine cut about 6 months ago.  just take your pills and sleep a lot, thats all you can do. I found that ice helps and cold beer too.  

be careful, you think your hurting now, if you enflame them by doing too much you will know what real pain is.  my father in law decided he'd go to work the next day, by the end of the night his were the size of softballs... no shit.

cheers buddy, no more pregnancy scares, lots of sypathy bj's if you play it right.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
My Ex-Boss years ago had one.

I asked "what did it feel like"?

(A huge Commercial Aircraft had just crashed, I don't recall which one)

He said to me, "Remember that plane that crashed the other day"?

I said yes.

He said it felt like it crashed between his legs!

Hope you recover soon, be shooting blanks now, eh?

Danny
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
No way.  Use a condom, sperm-killer and/or pull out.  No way would I have a "doctor" cut me.  I'll protest the "doctors/murderers" pulling a newborn mostly out of the birth canal and suck the brain out.  God Damn murderers.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Jesus Christ guys, if I scratch my nuts wrong I'll be feeling it for hours.  Any doctor ever stick a knife between my legs I'm gonna be sticking a gun to his head.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Get bags of frozen peas or corn so you can rotate them out. It hurts like hell for some people
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Sympathy BJ's....

If she could give a decent BJ I wouldn't be in this situation...........  ;) ...

And YES.... Better be some blanks or there will be bigger problems than I'm having right now !!!

Goodnight Gentlemen,

Sincerely,

" I'm an It now "  Uughh..
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope you don't mind if I ask.....how much did it cost?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Who did the surgery, Darryl, Darryl and Darryl?

Mine was a snap.  Didn't start hurting for hours and the pain wasn't anything. Yeah it hurt, but it was FAR from the worst pain I've felt.  I've broken a pile of bones and that hurt worse.  I dislocated my right should twice, that REALLY hurt.  I put it back once on my own.  That hurt so much I passed out. The aftermath of a vasectomy is no worse than a particularly bad case of blue balls...that goes on for a couple of days. Lay low all weekend and watch movies, you'll be fine.

If it doesn't get better, get back with your urologist fast and have them take another look.

Follow the docs orders to the letter BTW.  People who get too active too fast end up with complications.

Riding your bicycle home might have been a bad idea....

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#14]
That's one bit of elective surgery that I swear I will never elect to take.

No freaking way.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#15]
having been there, done that..it was not a big deal at all!!!

I just sat on a icepack for a few days, kicked back, and let it heal. About a week later,I was back at work...had to watch the heavy lifting.

Now, I don't even remember it at all..my broken left arm was MUCH worse.

Much easier on me than having a kid would be!

BTW...that method that blocks the fallopian tubes is called Essure. It's still fairly new, and highly effective it seems.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I think somebodies feminine side all of a sudden........appeared.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hey buddy, just had mine cut about 6 months ago.  just take your pills and sleep a lot, thats all you can do. I found that ice helps and cold beer too.  

be careful, you think your hurting now, if you enflame them by doing too much you will know what real pain is.  my father in law decided he'd go to work the next day, by the end of the night his were the size of softballs... no shit.

Oh yes!  

Here's a tip.  It's NOT a good idea to get onto a road bike (with that really narrow uncomfortable seat) a week after your vasectomy.

I had NO BAD SIDE-EFFECTS at all after the procedure - no pain, no swelling nothing. But after getting on the road bike too soon, I'm STILL recovering from the swelling and pain THAT caused.  

My balls hurt right now - I'm going to have another beer.

Good safety tip, Egon!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Anyway, a handfull of Ty III's and a few Brewskies I'm hoping to sleep well, Uughh.

It's probably too late, but you shouldn't drink alcohol with any product containing Acetaminophen like Tylenol 3.  It can damage your liver.

SAS Supporter
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I didn't even fill the pain prescription.....

Take it easy for a day or two, you'll be fine.

Three kids?  I believe your wife had it worse.

SRM
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#20]
So do you think it would hurt if you got a hard on right now?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#21]

It sounds like maybe you went for the discount vasectomy deal.  Finding a good doctor is just like anything else.  You gotta do your research and find the right guy.  Anyone considering this should go to a fully trained urologist who has done it on people you trust and can recommend him.  

You wouldn't take your preban AR to a guy in an alley, you't do your homework and find a highly trained gunsmith to do the work.  Same deal.

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Get some Ice packs and sit back in the recliner and tolerate the weekend, its about all your going to be able to do
Just wait till the twins sweel up like a pair of footballs down there. That's what you'll get if you don't take it easy, I know this from past exrerience.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#23]
When I had mine done it was like walking around with a 10 lb brick hanging off my ball sack.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#24]
What a bunch of crybabies. Hell I am calling the Doc in the morning and making my appointment. Won't be using pills or ice just to prove how tough I can be.

edit to add time of appointment. FIRST DAY AFTER MY DEATH.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Fond memories. I left the doctors thinking "nothing to it", went over to my buddies house to brag about it, the drugs wore off, and I couldn't find my couch soon enough. Rest and relax, in a couple days you'll be 100%. Like the rest off us that have the operation you'll also gain 3-4 inches  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
My sympathies that you PAID to have yourself mutilated.  I pray I remember your story if I ever get this pussy whipped.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I would castrate myself with a hollowpoint .45 before I would ever let a "Dr." snip me down there.

Sounds horrible. Hope you feel better.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I slept through mine.

I worked my 8 hour shift then I went to the resue squad and ran emergency calls for another 16 hours. By the time I had the trucks cleaned up and stocked it was time to go get snipped. As soon as I laid on that cold table I feel asleep. Doc woke me up to get dressed and said Im the first he ever had sleep through it. Pain afterwards was tolerable.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hope you don't mind if I ask.....how much did it cost?

mine was covered by insurance. took less than an hour and only took like 4 T3's. 2 after it, ice on sac as i slept 6 hours. woke up, mrs667 changed out the ice and another T3. sletp 3 hours, ate dinner, another T3 and sleep for the night. that was it. took it easy for a week then moved a household...

Edited to add - by the way, it's always entertaining to read those who are insecure resorting to insults. i have to wonder if these people are sincere in their bigotry or if they don't intend to insult others... (does it matter?)  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Just so you know they won't be blanks right away.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
What a bunch of crybabies. Hell I am calling the Doc in the morning and making my appointment. Won't be using pills or ice just to prove how tough I can be.

WAIT!

Save that for Fear Factor ][!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#32]
I had mine done in 1986.  I had a little pain when the doctor was doing it, but not much after that. I did what he told me to which was to go home, put an icepack on it and lay down for at least 4 hours. I never had any problems and went to work the next day.  On the other side, my best friend had it done and said it felt like someone smashed his balls with the flat side of an ax. Look at it this way, it's the least you can do for your wife. She's had to go through what can only be described as passing a wet St. Bernard through a cat door.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:03:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Mine didnt hurt hardly at all a month ago. Other than trying to do too much and aggravating it, I wonder why some people have such a difficult time afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:55:36 AM EDT
[#34]
You should not have tried it out soon as you got home. Mine was as with most, never took an aspirin.

tk
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:36:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
you'll also gain 3-4 inches  

Seriously...if they are going to be cutting down there anyway...you should opt for the lengthening operation as well...a couple more inches never hurt anyone...except maybe the woman...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:59:44 AM EDT
[#36]
I had it done when I was 21.That was 20 years ago. There was a little pain but it wasn't bad.One of the best things I ever done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:08:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Just so you know they won't be blanks right away.

Once you feel better make sure you fire a few "cleaning shots".
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#38]
"Pain afterwards was tolerable"...now there's a line that I have always had issues with.

What do you do if pain is truly INtolerable?

If you SURVIVED it, you TOLERATED it. Period.  By that point of reference, getting your arms and legs slowly ground off by a maniac with a body grinder and a big shaker of salt is TOLERABLE.

But that doesn't mean that it's not overwhelmingly painful.

All survivable pain is tolerable, and pain alone is always survivable.  

As for its effect on you,  there is debilitating pain, which is pain at a level (and in a location) that effectively prevents you from performing certain activities.   A bad kidney stone attack is an example.   You feel like you can scarcely breathe.

And there is manageable pain, which does NOT prevent you from doing what you'd normally do. Or most of those things, anyway.  

But I don't think there is such a thing as intolerable pain unless it drives you to kill yourself to stop the pain.  And that's hardly a winning move.

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top