Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 8:11:20 AM EDT
I want to hear from anybody else who has done it. Its almost an unfair advantage. I am using a PVS14 with an Aimpoint Comp M XD on my M4 carbine. Any Ideas for a better setup?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#1]
What, No silencer? You’re doing it the hard way.

THISISME
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey THISISME,
I will have my Class 3 July the first. Can you guess what I will be getting myself?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#3]
SPORTSMANS, I asked this before and then forgot about it, but what percentage of your predators are killed at night versus day?  It's hard to call predators here during the day because there is so much cover.  I've been trying to convince myself that a good GenII scope would be well worth the price for this purpose.  My set up will have a suppressor as soon as my other projects get finished!  It's always something.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
One of my dreams is to hunt coyotes in northern NM with  a suppressed AR-15, subsonic ammo, and night vision. It must be fun, I can live vicariously through you.  Glad to know someone else had the same idea!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Sportman,
Do you shoot prariedogs, or like the ocassional coyote?  The only thing better would be DPMS Panther Bull Twenty Four Special.  Nothing like a good fluted bull barrel.
Ice
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Out here in New Mexico were I am at I usually get more varmits during the day. I have an exellent place to hunt. We also hunt over in Texas where is legal to use a spotlight. I don't use the night vision in New Mexico I just hunt in the daytime. We have alot of coyotes that need killing so i have pretty good luck anytime I hunt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Ice,
Man we have got more prariedogs out here than you can shake a stick at. My weapon of choice is a Robar SR-90 in .308. I have a Leupold MK4 M1 mounted in MK4 Rings and Base. If you can hit a Little Prarie dog at 400 plus you can damn sure shoot. I like the .308 because the wind is always blowing out here and for extended range shooting it beats the .223. I may be going a little overboard on buying the best equipment but I guess its just like alot of other hobbies you can get into.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a Litton 938A on a HK 21E for two legged predators at work. Litton 273? NVDs for everyday "patrol".
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Sportsman,
   Im in West Texas, I just got a remington rb9712 Night vision  monocular in, I cant wait to give it a try. This unit attaches to any scope, freakin cool. If your not familiar with the unit check it out..pretty cool www.hts-nightvision.com Give me a holler I will drive over some time.

Thomas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top