Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 2:07:16 AM EDT
Vandals decapitate Confederate soldier statue at Camp Chase cemetery

Attachment Attached File

A federal agency plans to repair a bronze statue of a soldier that was toppled over and decapitated early Tuesday by vandals at Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery on the Hilltop.

When the statue was knocked over, its head was decapitated, likely from striking a column in the fall to the ground, said Columbus Police Lt. Clifton Dean. The vandals took the head of the soldier but left the hat, he said.

The vandalism occurred sometime between midnight and 6:30 a.m. Tuesday at the cemetery, where more than 2,000 Civil War soldiers are buried, most of them Confederate soldiers buried there after they died while imprisoned. Officers noticed the broken monument around 7:20 a.m. when doing a check of the cemetery.

Rest at:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170822/vandals-decapitate-confederate-soldier-statue-at-camp-chase-cemetery

Getting closer to Arlington
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Vandals decapitate Confederate soldier statue at Camp Chase cemetery

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/186994/Decap-288026.JPG

A federal agency plans to repair a bronze statue of a soldier that was toppled over and decapitated early Tuesday by vandals at Camp Chase Confederate Cemetery on the Hilltop.

When the statue was knocked over, its head was decapitated, likely from striking a column in the fall to the ground, said Columbus Police Lt. Clifton Dean. The vandals took the head of the soldier but left the hat, he said.

The vandalism occurred sometime between midnight and 6:30 a.m. Tuesday at the cemetery, where more than 2,000 Civil War soldiers are buried, most of them Confederate soldiers buried there after they died while imprisoned. Officers noticed the broken monument around 7:20 a.m. when doing a check of the cemetery.

Rest at:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170822/vandals-decapitate-confederate-soldier-statue-at-camp-chase-cemetery

Getting closer to Arlington
View Quote

remove all the things!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#2]
That pisses me off. Shame no one was there to smoke the commies.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Once again, art imitates life:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Disgraceful 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I say have a sniper doing overreach on the Confederate statues and when a protester shows up to deface it "pop him/her". I guarantee you that we'll run out of ne'er do well's in short order.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
They should have been shot dead on site.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I know the neighborhood from 30 years ago.  It was bad then and has only got worse. Not surprising at all.  There's plenty of residents there that don't need a reason to destroy property.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup, and buried in an unmarked gave.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a hate crime against people of Southern nationality. Investigate and prosecute it as such.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Only the very bravest of those in the movement dare to attack statues and monuments.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:06:46 AM EDT
[#13]
.....and just like that

People were mad at statues
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#14]
'Tards proving, ONCE AGAIN, they are without class, vile and disgustingly evil.

Go into a cemetery and destroy headstones you don't agree with..............like a fucking plague of fucking locusts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm waiting for the Federal Charges to be filed...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Go into a cemetery and destroy headstones you don't agree with..............like a fucking plague of fucking locusts.
View Quote
Just like ISIS
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just like ISIS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like ISIS
Yup.

That's the way it is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
.....and just like that

People were mad at statues
View Quote
Crazy times.  The amount of vitriol that people displayed against the Durham statue was insane.  Full force attacks on an inanimate object, made from very hard materials.  Mass hysteria.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#19]
We have another Confederate Cemetery here in Ohio, up on Lake Erie near Marblehead.  It's on an island and protected by a gate to the gated community there, so hopefully it won't face this issue.

Johnsons Island
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Not too far from me.  WTF.  I hate these piece of shit motherfuckers.  They just keep pushing me more and more to the right.  Before I thought they were stupid, now I hope they fucking die.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I say have a sniper doing overreach on the Confederate statues and when a protester shows up to deface it "pop him/her". I guarantee you that we'll run out of ne'er do well's in short order.
View Quote
Find the statue nearest you and get after it.
It has to start somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder when the other side will start messing with statues and memorials dedicated to blacks
and other minorities?

Rascals were probably just wanted to make a float for the home coming parade...

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Good. Fuck your side up even more by being openly retarded. LOL. Statue will be fixed, more ppl hate you = Winning Bigly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#24]
 Need to start putting these signs up around statues:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I live in Columbus. I can't begin to say how fucked up this is.  I'm just speechless.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
How did nobody think to at least put a game camera up?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I have a great, great, great uncle, A.C. Sykes who is buried at Camp Chase. He was a confederate soldier from Mississippi who died there from typhoid fever. If there is anywhere where a confederate monument is appropriate, it is in a cemetery where they are buried. I have been on the fence about joining the SCV for the last several years. After this, I am joining today.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a great, great, great uncle, A.C. Sykes who is buried at Camp Chase. He was a confederate soldier from Mississippi who died there from typhoid fever. If there is anywhere where a confederate monument is appropriate, it is in a cemetery where they are buried. I have been on the fence about joining the SCV for the last several years. After this, I am joining today.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Shouldn't it be *an Army sniper?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#31]
It's starting to get personal. There are people's kin interred there. It's disgusting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#32]
We need to mass produce these statues and display them everywhere. 

Add a 24h camera and make it a felony to destroy one. 

it shall be beautiful 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Ones that emit pepper or skunk spray when you get within 3 foot would be awsome.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#34]
They are all US Veteran monuments.  Veteran status was granted by an act of Congress.

CD
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't imagine what it's like to be so simple minded that an inanimate object triggers such anger.
Or to think that dmaging said object is going to cause some big world altering change.

Pretty pathetic human beings all the way around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They are all US Veteran monuments.  Veteran status was granted by an act of Congress.

CD
View Quote
...and Confederate soldiers were pardoned by Johnson on Christmas Day in 1868.

If you are an accused traitor and pardoned by the president you are no longer accused nor a traitor.

Per US Constitution.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Shouldn't it be *an Army sniper?
View Quote
Edit: Depends on whose rules you're following, one rule set does based on the word immediately following, other rule set does based on the noun referenced.

Edit2: I can't find any reference to my noun based rule set so I guess that's wrong.  It is entirely based on whether the following word starts with a vowel SOUND.  So does the word Army start with a vowel sound?  "R - Me"  Sounds like a consonant sound to me?

Edit3: I'm learning I have a poor grasp of what are vowel sounds.  I think maybe an would be right because "ar:mi" has the vowel sound at the beginning?  At least I know whether an airplane on a treadmill will take off :D
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Someone, during zero dark thirty, add Robert "KKK" Byrd
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#39]
How long before they start demanding Confederates themselves be removed from the graveyards and disposed of someplace else with no honors?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inside the pen on a hog farm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top