Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2002 12:44:36 PM EDT
Today I've noticed several folks postulate the DC bushwacker is evading notice by driving his van into a larger truck (a'la Cannonball Run) and driving right past the police after each cowardly act.

Does anyone that actually lives in the DC area believe this could be done un-noticed?

I can't imagine where that could happen that no one would see it.  

Even well finaced terrorists couldn't pull that off.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like they were watching Knight Rider.  I thought maybe there were motorcycle(s) in the back of the Isuzu truck.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody seems to be noticing it when it hits the highway, gets parked in front of his house or in his garage or at the yard or anywhere else.  I'll be the first to admit it's a hokey thought but then if these guys are terrorists they will do some strange things...like learn to fly a plane but not take it off or land it.

I don't know the area but the killer sure does.

Terrorists CAN afford this.  This story has knocked Iraq off the front page along with the economy and anything else.  Big bang for the buck thanks to the media.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe he has a  helicopter come down and hook up to him like in the James Bond movies.[thinking]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The point I was trying to make is with the population density in the areas of these shootings, there is no way they could load a White van in the back of a truck 11 times and have no one noitice it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Transformers------- More than meets the eye~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top