Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/5/2012 12:59:41 AM EDT
So my head unit in my Jeep doesn't have an aux port for my phone/tablet, and I don't have any CD's in there, so lately I have been listening to a handful of radio stations. As it happens, they have been playing quite a bit of awesome, old school Rock & Roll. When I hear the likes of Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, or a few others come on the radio, I listen. Easy choice. Well, tonight on the way home from fireworks w/ the family, right after Van Halen - Right Now and in the *middle* of Led Zeppelin - Over The Hills And Far Away, my wife changes the station to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. I ask her WTF?, and I'm told that I have "horrible taste in music" and something had to be done. Then she tells me how the singer for LZ (Robert Plant) is "whiny". She has a taunting/joking tone, but she was serious.

Listening to VH and LZ means I have horrible taste in music? Seriously?!?   Anyone know of a good divorce lawyer? ...

Per the rules, *My Wife*
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is that fighter pilot eject pic?

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You need to tell your wife to get back into the kitchen and do womens work.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Eject.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
eject.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Seeing as you have a time machine buy gold and invest.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So my head unit in my Jeep doesn't have an aux port for my phone/tablet, and I don't have any CD's in there, so lately I have been listening to a handful of radio stations. As it happens, they have been playing quite a bit of awesome, old school Rock & Roll. When I hear the likes of Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, or a few others come on the radio, I listen. Easy choice. Well, tonight on the way home from fireworks w/ the family, right after Van Halen - Right Now and in the *middle* of Led Zeppelin - Over The Hills And Far Away, my wife changes the station to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. I ask her WTF?, and I'm told that I have "horrible taste in music" and something had to be done. Then she tells me how the singer for LZ (Robert Plant) is "whiny". She has a taunting/joking tone, but she was serious.

Listening to VH and LZ means I have horrible taste in music? Seriously?!?   Anyone know of a good divorce lawyer? ...

Per the rules, *My Wife*

Your wifey changed the station TO Lauper, and said Plant sounded whiney?????????????

Maybe expand her exposure to real music...? Blast some Hendrix, old school Stones etc.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Seeing as you have a time machine buy gold and invest.

Tonight = Last Night. I came straight to work and am still here, so it's easily confused when I'm not directly thinking about it...
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It is weird how many "rock" stations seem to play mainly stuff from the 70s and 80s

Rock went to shit after Dimebag passed away IMO
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is weird how many "rock" stations seem to play mainly stuff from the 70s and 80s

Because any thing after that is pretty much crap
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Hendrix, my husband likes Nickelback..
I feel your pain..
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't like VH or LZ, but that doesn't mean someone who does has bad taste, it just means we like different types of music. I can appreciate the talent while not liking the music.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#13]
How did you not know this before you married her?

How do people end up with wives that don't like guns, or don't like the same music, or food, or religion, or who are bleeding heart libs,
when these things are so important to who we are?

What else is going to come up that proves you are not the right match?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I feel your pain..

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:20:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't like VH or LZ, but that doesn't mean someone who does has bad taste, it just means we like different types of music. I can appreciate the talent while not like the music.

Naaa, if I think worthless, unmemorable drivel is bad, I'm pretty much right.

Drivel of the 90's isn't still playing, because it sucked. Drivel of the early 2000's isn't still playing, because it was trendy, and sucked... cRap music for the most part has 5 minutes on the charts, then is never heard from again...because.... wait for it...

it sucks.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Grounds for divorce, IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How did you not know this before you married her?

How do people end up with wives that don't like guns, or don't like the same music, or food, or religion, or who are bleeding heart libs,
when these things are so important to who we are?

What else is going to come up that proves you are not the right match?

It's not THAT big of a deal. I mean, I think she was mostly messing with me, as we like a LOT of the same music, it's just that she really doesn't like the old school stuff. And yes, that bothers me (superficially). Otherwise, we are on the same page. Guns, politics, etc. Except religion. She is religious, I'm not, but it still works. We have good debates... lol

Quoted:
I feel your pain..

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#19]
At times, Plant was whiney, and when I was young, ALL VH songs sounded the same(Van Hagar era).

BUT......remove Zep from history and VH fades away or changes drastically.  And remove BOTH bands and the 80's becomes a horrid mess.......well, MORE horrid than it was.  As in all glitter and no guittar. (intentional sp)

As the Beatles( hate 'em) were a catalyst (as in numbers of musicians who became such as a result of listening to "first Beatle album my sister had") between what came before and what came after, so were Zep and to a slightly lesser degree, VH. I mean, how many less guitar players would there be without those two (okay MAYBE three)?

And without the guitar, music of the last 60+ years goes all "mirror universe".

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Crazy Eye....She has it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:03:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because any thing after that is pretty much crap

Go ahead and lock the thread, cause this about sums it up
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:12:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Not sure what good music and sammich making skillz have to do with each other.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like VH or LZ, but that doesn't mean someone who does has bad taste, it just means we like different types of music. I can appreciate the talent while not like the music.

Drivel of the 90's isn't still playing, because it sucked. Drivel of the early 2000's isn't still playing, because it was trendy, and sucked... cRap music for the most part has 5 minutes on the charts, then is never heard from again...because.... wait for it...

it sucks.

This post nails it....I totally agree and would like to subscribe to your news letter

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:00:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Well, in all fairness, Robert Plant's voice is pretty whiny.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Your wife is correct.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:25:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't let her listen to any Rush songs. She might divorce you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#27]
How long married?

I guess you will someday look back on this thread as the beginning of the end.

Congratulations.

Quoted:

Yeah Aim, thats why they're called classic rock stations
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:32:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Your wife is correct.

This

Quoted:
Don't let her listen to any Rush songs. She might divorce you.

And this times eleventy billion
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:35:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Our rule is: My vehicle, my music choice- Her vehicle, her music choice.

Which is why we usually take my truck when we go out together.

Well, that and the fact that she can't drive for shit.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:37:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't stand either one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How long married?

I guess you will someday look back on this thread as the beginning of the end.

Congratulations.

Quoted:

Yeah Aim, thats why they're called classic rock stations

Bingo
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it sucks.

So you are saying LZ and VH is trendy drivel? As I said I don't like either but both have talent and have lasted the test of time and I can understand how one would like them. I just don't want to hear it, especially a million times over a 40 year period.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, "Right Now" has to be one of the worst, if not the worst song in the entire VH catalog, so . . . She switched from the middle of Zeppelin to Lauper?

You need to remind your wife not to mess around with the vehicle controls while your driving.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Well she sure is Right on Led Zeppelin and Van Halen is OK but Just OK

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Per the rules, *My Wife*
After looking at picture of wife I have to say, she is right, you have lousy taste in music, and her taste in men is on par with your music.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:52:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Your wife  wins!

It's kind of a leap for the radio station to go from The poser VH song "right now" to any pre- "In through the out door" Zeppelin....So in her defense,Lauper sort of fit the stations line up,LOL

But if she turns down the tunes and start blabbing during every killer guitar solo....boot her ass out the door.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Per the rules, *My Wife*

She's 50% right, as far as Zepplin is concerned!  
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

it sucks.

I am inclined to agree with this.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I listened to it when I was a kid, but now I cannot stand the shit. If it comes on the station im listening to i will change it to anything other than that.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#41]
You know those times when your mechanic just wipes his hands off and shakes his head sadly?

Yup... Not worth the repair.  Get a new one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll agree on Van.

But LED ROCKS THE FUCK OUT WOMAN!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:28:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Agrees with wife, except stairway
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Tell her that you have horrible taste in wives.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I feel your pain..

What's wrong with Nickelback?
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#46]
As I've gotten older, I've gotten over LZ.

I now don't hear them the same way I used to... maybe I just have heard them too much.

VH is still good, at least DLR VH.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Cyndi Fucking Lauper? It's not you dude.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Fighting over something like taste in music is right up there with fighting over your favorite color
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#50]
If you don't beat your wife, you need to start.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top