Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 10:37:20 AM EDT
This is a Colt that you have all seen before on screen. I'm trying to get a feel for what this weapon is worth. From what I've heard there are some people selling falsified Stembridge movie guns out there. Anyone that has one of these should check with Long Mountain Outfitters here http://www.longmountain.com/moviegun.htm

One of Colt's transition guns, a green label 6500 AR-15 Sporter II that left the factory as a complete weapon some time around 1984 with all the pre-ban features.

Lower: Slab sided lower (no mag fence) with no sear block, large front pivot hole, A2 butt stock, A2 PG.

Upper: A2 round hand guard, no deflector, large pivot hole, A2 flash hider, A2 front sight post, A1 rear sight and tear drop forward assist, bayonet lug, 1/7 HBAR that is light under the hand guards.

[IMG]http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/8/30/69/21183069GLQsANnmiV_ph.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/8/30/70/21183070oqFlYEpKVc_ph.jpg[/IMG]

It has some nicks and scratches as it was used in filming many battle scenes, but its diet has been blanks except for about 200rnds that I've put through it. I've considered refinishing the weapon to make it look better, but decided it would detract from its authenticity. It came with a disclaimer about removing the blank firing adapter from inside the FH before shooting standard ammo. The bore is in excellent shape and puts 5 rounds under 1MOA if I do my part and cycles like a sweetheart.

This is a Verified Stembridge movie gun. Verified by Dan Shea at Long Mountain Outfitters who handled the transfer from Stembridge Gun Rentals to the dealer I bought it from in 99. I'm working with Dan now to get some type of official documentation of this weapon's status. I'd like to get a list of the movies/TV shows it was used in, however it sounds like Syd Stembridge is not prepared to give a list at this point.

Quoted from Dan Shea.....Colt AR15 serial number SP307XXX 4985 was shipped to Weapons Safety Inc. in October of 1999 This rifle came from Stembridge Gun Rentals Inc. There was never any record of the movies it is in, unless Syd Stembridge is able to do a search. He has told me he is not prepared to do so at this point. All of the semi auto AR15s that Stembridge had were used in many many movies, as well as TV shows.

Thanks for looking
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that's pretty much what I figured. Still not convinced that I want to sell it, I never sell guns.

If I do decide to sell it . . . I was planning on asking $1200 for it. Is that way out of line, or in the ballpark?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top