Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 10:05:00 AM EDT
In case you don’t want to read the entire post:
Should I sell 2 Colt 20 round mags, and with the money buy 3,4, etc 20 rounders of equal reliability from another less ‘boutique’ manuf?

I have 2 20 round mags that came with my AR.

They have:
1.  “Cal 5.56, Colt’s MFG...” on the floorplate
2.  “Colt’s MFG, Hartford...” on the body
3.  “MFG 9-04” on the body
4.  They have black plastic followers.
5.  They are unfired.

I don’t keep things as collectable.

If they’re worth more to sell than shoot, I’ll sell them and buy more.  I've seen them advertised for $25, and non-Colt ones for $17.  Truth be told, for $8 per mag compared to paying for shipping/box/fuel/time - I'll just keep them.

If I’ve missed an earlier thread about this, feel free to point it out - I couldn’t find one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
$20 each

Probably get $22-$25 if you can sit on them for a few days.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two with the cast aluminum followers. I got them in a package deal a few years ago at a local gun store. I think I paid $25 for them and one 30-rounder. Just one of those serendipity deals one comes across every now and then.

I have seen them at gun shows as high as $50 a mag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing special, shoot them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember, most of the components are interchangeable, so it may not be the original mag.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Remember, most of the components are interchangeable, so it may not be the original mag.

Well, they came with a new Colt AR, so I figure it's safe to assume they're stock.

Regardless, I'm gonna keep them and shoot them.

Thanks, guys.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd keep them. I love my 20 rounders for precision unsupported shooting. If nothing else, they make a great makeshift platform if there's a semi-flat surface around, something you can't do with curved 30's.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd keep them. I love my 20 rounders for precision unsupported shooting. If nothing else, they make a great makeshift platform if there's a semi-flat surface around, something you can't do with curved 30's.

Only reason I even remembered I had them, was I'm thinking about hunting some critters.

They were just laying in a box of 30 rounders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top