Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:58:01 AM EDT
Would any of the LEOs here have arrested this couple once they found out what was up?

http://www.katu.com/news/weird/Valentines-Day-role-playing-lands-couple-in-jail-139327648.html?tab=video&c=y

PORTLAND, Ore. – Some Valentine’s Day “role-playing” landed a couple in jail on Tuesday after the boyfriend and girlfriend were arrested and accused of disorderly conduct.

A Portland Police spokesman said around 12:35 p.m. officers got reports that a naked woman had been tied up in a car with duct tape over her mouth.

Sgt. Pete Simpson said officers raced to the area to look for the Subaru Legacy. Officers in Washington were also alerted in case the car was spotted driving on I-5.

A witness told police that the man driving the car “seemed hazy” and stated he and the woman were “just having some fun.”

The witness managed to get the license plate of the Subaru, which led police to the owner’s address on NE 111th Ave.

Officers didn’t find the owner right away, but continued to patrol the area looking for the car. Around 1 p.m., an officer in the area spotted the car and stopped a man seen walking away, Simpson said. The officer also noticed the naked woman bound in the back of the car.

The man, who police said is 31-year-old Nikolas Alexander Harbar, told police that he and his girlfriend were doing some Valentine’s Day role-playing. Officers said his girlfriend, 26-year-old Stephanie Morgan Pelzner, confirmed that story.

Officers arrested the couple on charges of disorderly conduct in the second degree. They were both taken to the Multnomah County Jail.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Idiots.

Making Subaru owners look bad.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Not guilty - Her
Life w/o parole - Him

EDIT: She kinda looks like Casey Anthony
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
She's not guilty.

He's going away long time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not guilty - Her
Life w/o parole - Him

its the eyes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I might have, if it caused enough of a disturbance and resulted in multiple units responding to a "kidnapping" call.

Keep the role play private and don't involve people that might misconstrue.  The time that all those units spent investigating their game could have been better spent on real police work (like preventative patrols and investigating real crimes).  A disorderly charge here usually means you spend the night in jail and you get released the next morning and the charges are dropped if you plead no contest and it goes away (eventually).

It WAS disorderly conduct and did tie up a few units.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not guilty - Her
Life w/o parole - Him

Why?

Am I missing the sarcasm?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
We talked briefly about this in roll call today because this happened on my shift. Many around here are outraged that they were charged. Nobody got hurt, but it freaked a few people out and took a lot of resources to determine it was a consentual role playing thing.

If I would have happened upon them doing thier thing, no prob. When people out in the community see it, freak out and call 9-1-1, tying up a bunch of cars for a while, it's a problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#8]
They BOTH have a the 'crazy eye'
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I might have, if it caused enough of a disturbance and resulted in multiple units responding to a "kidnapping" call.

Keep the role play private and don't involve people that might misconstrue.  The time that all those units spent investigating their game could have been better spent on real police work (like preventative patrols and investigating real crimes).  A disorderly charge here usually means you spend the night in jail and you get released the next morning and the charges are dropped if you plead no contest and it goes away (eventually).

It WAS disorderly conduct and did tie up a few units.

well its not like they went out to show people what they were doing. Someone just walked up on them. I guess i see it both ways and depends on exactly what and WHERE they were doing it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd pretend to tie her up and drive off with her in the trunk.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We talked briefly about this in roll call today because this happened on my shift. Many around here are outraged that they were charged. Nobody got hurt, but it freaked a few people out and took a lot of resources to determine it was a consentual role playing thing.

If I would have happened upon them doing thier thing, no prob. When people out in the community see it, freak out and call 9-1-1, tying up a bunch of cars for a while, it's a problem.

So it sounds like she was naked in the car. Did any of you get a good look at the merchandise?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If people freaking out and calling 911 is justification for charges all sorts of stuff could be justification for arrest.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If people freaking out and calling 911 is justification for charges all sorts of stuff could be justification for arrest.

that is a valid concern. Again it depends on where and what i guess.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not guilty - Her
Life w/o parole - Him

Why?

Am I missing the sarcasm?

No.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So next time, we shoot all the witnesses.

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So if people get freaked out you get arrested?  What kind of BS is that?  I have gotten called on for "machine gun fire" with my legal M16, should I also have been arrested because I "wasted your time"?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if people get freaked out you get arrested?  What kind of BS is that?  I have gotten called on for "machine gun fire" with my legal M16, should I also have been arrested because I "wasted your time"?

Ya, that's it!!!! People freaked out and we decided to arrest someone. Pull your head out of your ass. They decided to act out their fantasy in public. The woman was naked and tied up (duct tape over her mouth, zip ties on her appendages) and they drove around for a while. This wasn't a private thing any more. It's not JUST about people freaking out. It's about these two rocket scientists doing something that was sure to freak people out. If you saw a naked woman bound by zip ties, naked and with duct tape over her mouth, what would you think?

Holy fuck people, how about a little context before you start the cop bashing. Well, I guess this is GD.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Complete bullshit they were arrested. How much time and labor was wrapped up in arresting, transporting, booking them? Way more than having a few units tied up responding to a call. What did it take to respond? 5-10 minutes? How many units? 3-4? Stupid waste of time by the idiots up there. By the way my best friend is a police officer so i am far from a cop basher.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So next time, we shoot all the witnesses.

Gotcha.

What the fuck does that mean? Really, I don't know what you mean by that. I'm guessing it's an insult, but I'm too dense to figure it out right now.

Just in case you're not understanding what I posted, the difference is that if I would have just happened upon a couple getting their freak on and determined it was consentual, it's not that big of a deal. If they were doing their deeds out in public, causing LEGITIMATE public alarm, it's a different matter.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Complete bullshit they were arrested. How much time and labor was wrapped up in arresting, transporting, booking them? Way more than having a few units tied up responding to a call. What did it take to respond? 5-10 minutes? How many units? 3-4? Stupid waste of time by the idiots up there. By the way my best friend is a police officer so i am far from a cop basher.

There were 9 cars tied up for a tad over 30 minutes looking for them. It takes 15-30 minutes for one officer to book them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup you nailed it. It's just as simple as that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy was walking down the street open carrying.  Nobody got hurt but it took up a lot of resources to determine he wasn't a criminal.

Ya, that's it!!!! People freaked out and we decided to arrest someone. Pull your head out of your ass. They decided to act out their fantasy in public. The woman was naked and tied up (duct tape over her mouth, zip ties on her appendages) and they drove around for a while. This wasn't a private thing any more. It's not JUST about people freaking out. It's about these two rocket scientists doing something that was sure to freak people out. If you saw a naked woman bound by zip ties, naked and with duct tape over her mouth, what would you think?

Holy fuck people, how about a little context before you start the cop bashing. Well, I guess this is GD.

Is what he's talking about.  The part in red has happened plenty of times to people legally open carrying.  I understand this is a different case, I think you could have worded the part in red a bit better to convey your point.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Let em go!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Amateur.

Needed to rent a town car or a van.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We talked briefly about this in roll call today because this happened on my shift. Many around here are outraged that they were charged. Nobody got hurt, but it freaked a few people out and took a lot of resources to determine it was a consensual role playing thing.

If I would have happened upon them doing their thing, no prob. When people out in the community see it, freak out and call 9-1-1, tying up a bunch of cars for a while, it's a problem.

So you'd just mosey on about your business if you saw a naked woman tied up with duct tape over her mouth in a car?

They don't need the book thrown at them but they need a reminder to do this type of activity in private.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not guilty - Her
Life w/o parole - Him

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy was walking down the street open carrying.  Nobody got hurt but it took up a lot of resources to determine he wasn't a criminal.

Is what he's talking about.  The part in red has happened plenty of times to people legally open carrying.  I understand this is a different case, I think you could have worded the part in red a bit better to convey your point.

I suppose I could have, but people see what they want and ignore the rest of the stuff. Was this the crime of the century? Hell no, but what should we do? What if your wife, g/f, sister, etc.... was abducted, naked, bound and gagged, and being driven around down by a maniac? Should we just send one car to check for 5-10 minutes, then just throw up our hands and say: "well sucks, we didn't find them" and then give up? We've had similar calls that were 100% legit, so we use the resources to find the people involved.

This wasn't some guy shooting on his own property being harassed by a dickhead neighbor that "freaked out for no good reason.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Well. I know people are into the roll playing, but there is a time and place for such things.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There were 9 cars tied up for a tad over 30 minutes looking for them. It takes 15-30 minutes for one officer to book them.

Ok? So ticket them for something. There is zero reason to arrest them. They harmed no one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Play stupid role-playing games, win stupid real-life prizes.

Reminds me of the time I'm making out with a chick and, when it's starting to get serious, I notice she seems a little hesitant.  When I ask her what's wrong, she says "You kinda have to force me."

I say "I kinda gotta leave."

The guy in the OP said "Ok".
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Oh sure - look at all of you high and mighty types.  Like you've never driven around with a bound woman in your trunk before.  

Hell, I probably have a couple in mine right now that I've forgotten about.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Idiots.

Making Subaru owners look bad.

On the contrary...It's about time we had a heterosexual Subaru story.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He explained pretty well from what I saw. He basically implied that if he'd run across it himself, he would have first gained control of the situation, determined what was going on, and after figuring out that no one was being hurt would have diplomatically told them they were being dumbasses and sent them on their merry way.

However, the situation changes when you DON'T know what's going on, and you get dispatched along with multiple other units out to a "kidnapping in progress" or whatever the fuck. Armed response, lots of officers involved, likely a few independent cameramen sniffing around or reporters calling up the department. Guess what? You no longer have a single, reasonable officer on the ground stumbling across something odd and getting to the bottom of the situation, you have a fuck lot of hoopla and a hell of a lot of taxpayer money being spent because two nimrods couldn't find a smarter way to play their weird games.

In other words, the leeway you can practically be given is inversely proportional to the size of the official response you bring down on yourself for being a dumbass. Smaller circus, or less dumbass, more leeway is made possible. If you create a big, fucked up situation, don't be surprised if you get big, fucked up results.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Amateur.

Thats what i was thinking. Everyone knows pro's use white vans with no windows. Who kidnaps someone in a subaru?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'd see if I could carpool?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amateur.

Thats what i was thinking. Everyone knows pro's use white vans with no windows. Who kidnaps someone in a subaru?

I thought it was a red van with "free candy" written on it that the pros used

I was almost certain of this fact.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Oh sure - look at all of you high and mighty types.  Like you've never driven around with a bound woman in your trunk before.  

Hell, I probably have a couple in mine right now that I've forgotten about.

They aren't stored with your blow, are they?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Sounds like more fun than my Valentine's Day.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn, we pulled out the handcuffs last night, but we kept it all in the bedroom.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose I could have, but people see what they want and ignore the rest of the stuff. Was this the crime of the century? Hell no, but what should we do? What if your wife, g/f, sister, etc.... was abducted, naked, bound and gagged, and being driven around down by a maniac? Should we just send one car to check for 5-10 minutes, then just throw up our hands and say: "well sucks, we didn't find them" and then give up? We've had similar calls that were 100% legit, so we use the resources to find the people involved.

This wasn't some guy shooting on his own property being harassed by a dickhead neighbor that "freaked out for no good reason.

I get what you are saying, and the response of multiple car is certainly justified.  The way you worded it though was that even if it was harmless ( such as open carrying) it was still a problem because all the resources that went into it.  You wouldn't go to a "man with a gun call" and arrest the open carrier for Disorderly Conduct because 4 cop cars responded to the scene right?  

The reason I use the open carry example is because it does indeed happen semi-frequently where multiple cops respond and there is no law being broken.

Is it public indecentcy to be naked in a car?  Serious question.  I could understand a ticket for that charge.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn. She's a hotty who likes it rough.

He looks like hes on the road to meth addiction.

I'd like to slam her while he's in the slammer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Thin upper lip.

I've been doing some very scientific research (I look at the mug shots. ) on these stories relayed on Arfcom.

And one reoccurring trait that I have been noticing amongst the female perpetrators involved with kinky or sexual deviant behavior is a thin upper lip.
In 87% of all cases of female teacher rape, underage inappropriate touching and in general "super freak" cases like this, it is apparent.

Very rarely do you see a pair of "Pamela Anderson" DSLs involved in these actions do you.  It's always some gal with grandma upper lip.
I need to write up a research grant to investigate this anomaly.

Or at least someone that isn't married (unlike myself) could do some field research.
On topic though, I don't care what you do, just do it in the privacy of your home where my tax dollars don't end up paying for your bullshit.

Oh, and Not Guilty...ol' whistlelips is not guilty I say.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So now my constitutional rights are allowed to be infringed on because people get involved in my own business?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So now my constitutional rights are allowed to be infringed on because people get involved in my own business?

Sooo, you have a constitutional right to stage a mock rape and kidnapping in a public place and not be bothered by anyone calling the cops? Sorry, but you play stupid games and you win stupid prizes - like being the butt of many internet jokes when your pervy hobbies get national press.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd let her blow me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top