Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 6:47:44 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/09/television.visitors.reut/index.html[/url]

[red][size=6]V[/red][/size=6]
Remember this?  I have all the episodes and mini-series on VHS somewhere at my mom's house.  I hope they are still good.  I loved this show!
I now have the DVD of V, and V the Final Battle.

[b]RKBA content: This show is just one more example of why the 2nd Amendment was written...[/b]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
V kicked ass. It was probably one of my favorite shows as a kid. I used to love it when they would pull off their human masks to show their alien lizard self underneath.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I have it on VHS, WGN used to show it late at night durring the summer.

I picked up the DVD, kick ass!

Av.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking of having a V-party.
Watch the two DVDs, and if I can find the old VHS tapes, play them all in order from

V
V series
V The Final Battle

[:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Remember the first time that good looking gal swallowed that nutra rat (or whatever it was) whole?  Man, that grossed me out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Can you imagine the special effects for the new series?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Those people were terrorists and anti-americans plain and simple as the visitors were allies of the U.S. government and had the support of democrats, republicans, law enforcement and the military. They should have all been brought up on charges of treason.

The visitors graciously gave the cure for
cancer and numerous other technological advances to mankind but the tin foil hat wearers made up bullshit stories attacking the new friends to humanity.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#10]
[female alien disrobes, revealing a truly STACKED body with one of the finest asses ever seen in a sci-fi show]

[Male human (don't ask me to remember cast names from a series that old!) says "You sure don't LOOK like a lizard!"}

I'd probably watch the series again if it were on TV, but I'm not sure I'd go out and buy the DVD.
Or is it a

D[size=5][red]V[/red][/size=5]D   ?

CJ
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#11]
The new series will probably be awesome!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:08:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmm, cool I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a child for some reason, and I've never seen it aired on anychannels I get.  Is there alot of civilian gun usage?  Sounds great, love this kind of show/scifi.  If it was shown on channels I got currently I would love to watch the old ones and I'll certainly be looking forward to the new ones.  Hope they PC it up and negate gun ownership, etc.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]
ANYTHING with Michael Ironside is cool!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Several cast members of the miniseries and the weekly series, including Marc Singer, Faye Grant, Jane Badler and Robert Englund, could reprise their roles in the telefilm if it goes into production.
View Quote

The kiss of death. None of these bozos could act worth a damn....
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Remember the armor piercing bullets to penetrate the aliens vests?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Sweet! I loved that show.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I only vaguely remember it.  The story line sounds a lot like "Soylent Green", where the aliens were sending earthlings back to their planet to become food (unbeknownst to the humans).
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Twighlight Zone - "To Serve Man"
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]
The next time, the Humans eat the Lizards.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I never saw the show, but I read the book, pretty cool
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#22]
V related story.

Years ago I was watching Leno and I think it was Anthony Edwards that was on (this was when ER was in its first couple of seasons).

Anyway he had a clip.  Seems the prop guy that worked on ER also did V.  There was a scene where a woman was giving birth and the prop guy slipped the baby lizard from V under the table.  Only the actor “delivering” the “baby” knew about it.

The actress “giving birth” goes through the obligatory panting and screaming and the “doctor” then pulls this hideous, slime covered human/lizard “baby” out from between the mom’s legs and shows it to everyone in the room like everything is normal.  Half the people start screaming and run from the set in total panic and the other half just completely lose it in hysterical laughter.

It was one of the funniest outtakes I’ve ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ANYTHING with Michael Ironside is cool!
View Quote

I can defeat that with one movie mention:

Highlander 2.

But I do have to admit that he was rather cool in it.  Subway scene, picks up small child and asks, "I bet you've always wanted to drive one of these things, eh?"  Boy answers in the affirmative.  "Me too."
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#25]
this is where I first heard the teflon coated bullet thing for defeating body armor
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Twighlight Zone - "To Serve Man"
View Quote

That was GREAT!

To serve man...on a bed of rice!

Or as the main course, or maybe an appetizer!

Was that alien played by Richard Kiel? (Jaws, from certain James Bond movies from the 80's?)

CJ
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#27]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13563[/img]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Cool I loved this show. Watching that show I was like 9 or 10 that when I fell in love with M-16.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Just once I'd love to see a sci-fi flick where the aliens come to earth be a tad bit realistic...where the humans get the mother loving shit beat out of them...and we are wiped clean from the surface.

I mean, let us give one hell of a, albeit futile, effort...but let's be honest here.  If an alien intelligence has the wherewithall to get here and are hell bent on kicking our ass, our ass is surely gonna get kicked.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Possibly, but it's equally possible that we could defeat an alien invasion by sheer force of numbers. We've got six billion people and an incredible amount of hardware, weaponry, and resources to throw at such an enemy.

People become incredibly powerful when they decide that it is acceptable to die for a cause, especially if they do so in large numbers.   Witness any suicide bomber in Israel.

Now imagine suicide bombers attacking alien bases with suitcase nukes and nukes concealed in anything from coffins to cargo transport aircraft.  

Imagine if every nuclear capable power in the world decided to apply their nuclear inventories to the problem of eradicating invading aliens.   Technology be damned,  those aliens probably have only limited abilities to resist being vaporized by a few thousand warheads that are all in the multi-megaton range.    Energy is energy and it takes energy to control energy.   I can't imagine them surviving a thermonuclear fireball in the mulitiple megaton range no matter what they've got in the way of gadgets.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Possibly, but it's equally possible that we could defeat an alien invasion by sheer force of numbers. We've got six billion people and an incredible amount of hardware, weaponry, and resources to throw at such an enemy.

People become incredibly powerful when they decide that it is acceptable to die for a cause, especially if they do so in large numbers.   Witness any suicide bomber in Israel.

Now imagine suicide bombers attacking alien bases with suitcase nukes and nukes concealed in anything from coffins to cargo transport aircraft.  

Imagine if every nuclear capable power in the world decided to apply their nuclear inventories to the problem of eradicating invading aliens.   Technology be damned,  those aliens probably have only limited abilities to resist being vaporized by a few thousand warheads that are all in the multi-megaton range.    Energy is energy and it takes energy to control energy.   I can't imagine them surviving a thermonuclear fireball in the mulitiple megaton range no matter what they've got in the way of gadgets.

CJ
View Quote

Ummm, remember the movie Independence Day??
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Wouldn't you knock out such weaponry BEFORE starting the planetary invasion?  Would they even bother with an invasion?

If they have the tech to get here and make it a hobby of killing a species just to watch 'em die, they would eliminate our nukes before we'd know what happened.

I dont mean to turn this into a mighty-mouse vs. superman thread...but let's be realistic.  If an alien race came here in the numbers found in V or...say...Independance day...kiss our sorry ass good-bye.

It'd be tantamount to the Nimitz going back in time as in The Final Countdown...though the technology spread would be on a much much grander scale.

Quoted:

CJ
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Were the lizzards in V the same lame scaled fuckers that didn't like to get wet in movie Signs?  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Teflon tipped bullets.

Loved the show as a kid, bought the VHS a few  years ago, wasn't as good as I remembered it being.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#35]
If a race capable of faster than light travel came to earth they would have sufficient technology to neutralize the effects of all current weapons systems. Humans would end up as pets, slaves or just simply wiped off of the earth like vermin.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Ok guys this is funny as hell.  I am sitting here board unable to sleep watching V: The Final Battle on dvd.  And I was just thinking how cool it would be to continue the story.  
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:01:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Is there alot of civilian gun usage?
View Quote

Yes, when the civilians finally figure out what's going on they raid a NG armory and steal some serious firepower.  With the help of some ex-soldiers they obtain rudementary training, the previously mentioned armor piercing loads and then it's rock and roll time for the rest of the series.  Doctors, teachers, displaced cops, a gardner, you name it, even (gasp) journalists.  A true mix of citizen soldiers.

Cool mini-series, but I think the ending really stunk.  I thought of much better ways to end the show.  The short lived 'regular' series sucked too.

Someone help me with this one:
I vagely remember a scene in which a woman which previously didn't like guns is caught in a massacre.  She reluctently picks up a pistol, looks at it, and starts defiantly shooting at the aliens.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[female alien disrobes, revealing a truly STACKED body with one of the finest asses ever seen in a sci-fi show]

[Male human (don't ask me to remember cast names from a series that old!) says "You sure don't LOOK like a lizard!"}
View Quote

NO! [}:D]

Mike Donovan (Mark Singer): "You sure don't look like an Iguana!"
Alien babe: "What?"
Mike Donovan: "Bad taste..."

How do I know?  I just introduced my wife and little brother to the series via the DVD yesterday, and we talked about how much better the show could be done now with the proliferation of high quality digital effects for cheap.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:23:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Someone help me with this one:
I vagely remember a scene in which a woman which previously didn't like guns is caught in a massacre.  She reluctently picks up a pistol, looks at it, and starts defiantly shooting at the aliens.
View Quote

Actually, that was Dr. Juliet "Julie" Parrish, played by Faye Grant.  She became the leader of the resistance, even though she doubted herself.  She made a big thing about being a scientist, not a soldier, but she rose to the occasion when it was necessary.  Her scene at the end of the original series parallels the first scene from the series, where the leader of the resistance fighters in El Salvador shoots down a helicopter with his 1911, even while the helicopter is coming in shooting at him.  He stands his ground and squeezes off rounds until the helicopter comes down.  Very cheesey.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I always thought that queen lizard chick was hot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#41]
I thought they were steel-core in V.  But knowing the mis-informed, they would probably think teflon makes it go through a vest.

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Teflon tipped bullets.

Loved the show as a kid, bought the VHS a few  years ago, wasn't as good as I remembered it being.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:45:30 AM EDT
[#42]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13576[/img]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The next time, the Humans eat the Lizards.
View Quote

However, PETA gets upset and launches worldwide protest.  This gives the Lizards time to regroup and launch a devastating counter attack.  They then win.  As a celebration they round up all the PETA people and then BBQ them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top