Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]
SB 948, Senator Stuart, prohibits the Virginia State Police from providing Virginia concealed handgun permittee information to states, such as Maryland, which do not have a reciprocal licensing agreement with Virginia.  The  bill would help prevent police in a state hostile to gun rights from going on a “fishing trip” looking for an excuse to arrest or harass Virginia CHP holders.
View Quote

Is information currently provided to Maryland?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Will your governor sign ANY of those?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
SB 948, Senator Stuart, prohibits the Virginia State Police from providing Virginia concealed handgun permittee information to states, such as Maryland, which do not have a reciprocal licensing agreement with Virginia.  The  bill would help prevent police in a state hostile to gun rights from going on a “fishing trip” looking for an excuse to arrest or harass Virginia CHP holders.

Jesus, That's ridiculous. I wonder if NC does the same?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta figure lots of Virginians get pulled over in Maryland.  Any one else getting searched like that family from Florida?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
hit, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gotta figure lots of Virginians get pulled over in Maryland.  Any one else getting searched like that family from Florida?
View Quote

I've been wondering about that every time I drive over there.  I always double check to make sure I have no ammo or brass in my car before driving to Maryland or DC.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:31:10 AM EDT
[#9]
hit it  thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks - hit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats cray cray
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd be just as concerned about whether the state gives the information to DHS.  DHS will redistribute the information to all states that are interested.  Unfortunately with the event in Missouri, we don't know the extent of damage done to personal information disseminated before exposure and a halt put to the practice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus, That's ridiculous. I wonder if NC does the same?

I'd be just as concerned about whether the state gives the information to DHS.  DHS will redistribute the information to all states that are interested.  Unfortunately with the event in Missouri, we don't know the extent of damage done to personal information disseminated before exposure and a halt put to the practice.

What information related to CHP was released in Missouri?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Well he signed Sunday hunting on private property into law so anything is possible I guess.

Ironic that it took a semi-retarded Dem governor to finally get it signed into law.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#16]
The CHP info restriction would be great if passed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well he signed Sunday hunting on private property into law so anything is possible I guess.

Ironic that it took a semi-retarded Dem governor to finally get it signed into law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Just as only Nixon could open up China, only a retarded Clinton shill could sign that long-overdue law.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just as only Nixon could open up China, only a retarded Clinton shill could sign that long-overdue law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I'm betting he saw it more as a move to slap Christians, than to appease sportsmen.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Getting to the point a Virginia tag is probable cause...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Our CHP's are tied to our DL. I'm know VA police can see it when running our info
View Quote

That right there is a good reason not to get a concealed-carry permit. At least Virginia has unlicensed open carry.

The State Police MG registry is not tied to DL's, AFAIK.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That right there is a good reason not to get a concealed-carry permit. At least Virginia has unlicensed open carry.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Our CHP's are tied to our DL. I'm know VA police can see it when running our info

This is why the activism matters.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#24]
VA after work bump.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top