BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call me if you need a cabbie again.  Now that we know how to fit the gear.
View Quote

Will do.

You drove me to the Berkeley.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We will see you there.

Friendly tip, GoTennas will relay messages. You can have your group and link your GoTennas. Other guys that have them will serve as secure relay points. They can't read your message but will pass it along. I think my record last year was hitting six nodes (individuals)

GoTennas are really nice for everyone. Pair with your group, utilize the network of everyone
View Quote

Were you guys using the GoTenna Mesh or the Pro / X versions? I know you guys had good success with them last year when the ham bands were a little too "public" or swamped by other groups. Unfortunately I only had a Baofeng on me and didn't have time to reprogram it between the second set of frequencies being dropped and morning muster so it was entirely useless. I still plan to have the Baofeng as my primary but wanted to look into augmenting it with the GoTennas. It's just a bit steep to justify considering I've already got cellphone, ham, and Garmin inReach Mini satellite communications at my disposal, and nobody else that I regularly do stuff with has one, so for 99.7% of the year they'd just sit in a drawer. Then again, they probably have a 99% higher chance of actually being used at all compared to all the other shit I carried last Lobby Day. I think I still have a case and a half of Hot Hands leftover

Last year I waited to book my hotel and ended up at a place on the outskirts of town near the airport. I thought about booking earlier this year if Virginians sent out the call for help again but I'm having a hard time committing to a specific hotel what with the operational plans so up in the air still. The hotel preferences may be a moot point though if they suddenly reduce capacity "because of covid" (exceptions for MDA, of course) or pull any of the other stunts we expect them to pull like they did last year with closing the parking garages.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We will see you there.

Friendly tip, GoTennas will relay messages. You can have your group and link your GoTennas. Other guys that have them will serve as secure relay points. They can't read your message but will pass it along. I think my record last year was hitting six nodes (individuals)

GoTennas are really nice for everyone. Pair with your group, utilize the network of everyone
View Quote

Will purchase them for the truck rally and mount one high on my trucks flag pole. Should be a good 10ft high.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Were you guys using the GoTenna Mesh or the Pro / X versions? I know you guys had good success with them last year when the ham bands were a little too "public" or swamped by other groups. Unfortunately I only had a Baofeng on me and didn't have time to reprogram it between the second set of frequencies being dropped and morning muster so it was entirely useless. I still plan to have the Baofeng as my primary but wanted to look into augmenting it with the GoTennas. It's just a bit steep to justify considering I've already got cellphone, ham, and Garmin inReach Mini satellite communications at my disposal, and nobody else that I regularly do stuff with has one, so for 99.7% of the year they'd just sit in a drawer. Then again, they probably have a 99% higher chance of actually being used at all compared to all the other shit I carried last Lobby Day. I think I still have a case and a half of Hot Hands leftover

Last year I waited to book my hotel and ended up at a place on the outskirts of town near the airport. I thought about booking earlier this year if Virginians sent out the call for help again but I'm having a hard time committing to a specific hotel what with the operational plans so up in the air still. The hotel preferences may be a moot point though if they suddenly reduce capacity "because of covid" (exceptions for MDA, of course) or pull any of the other stunts we expect them to pull like they did last year with closing the parking garages.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will see you there.

Mesh
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:22:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Mesh
View Quote

I see Amazon has them for $107 / pair vs. the $180 / pair that GoTenna charges on their website. Much more palatable!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:58:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The VCDL sent out an email tonight with several sections relating to Lobby Day. The first couple were about the shenanigans going on with reserving time slots for permitted events. One of them was regarding the recent protest in downtown Richmond that appeared to possibly be in violation of the "no-gun" signs posted in the area:

Richmond PD explains why it didn't charge a group of armed men who were walking in an area that had been temporarily marked with "no guns" signs.  

The main rationale was that since the individuals did not block sidewalks or traffic, they were not doing anything that would have required a permit.  Thus the "no guns" signs did not apply to that group.

A take-away for those who might want to walk around the Richmond area armed on Lobby Day on January 18, 2021, be sure not to block sidewalks and do not impede traffic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByRobertoR/status/1331253576916738048
View Quote

(emphasis mine) It appears that they are indeed walking the same tightrope as last year of putting just enough of a legal air-gap between themselves and other organizations so as to be able to "work the problem" from different facets. Remember that the ability to have multiple organizations working towards a common goal with back-channel communication is one of the left's main strengths. Pictures from tweet:

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mesh
View Quote

I know there was a lot of discussion last year with these, which caused me to check them out again and the Pro X seems pretty neat but damn is it pricey. I do like that it can interface with ATAK, which could be a handy function.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The workers in the hotel I stayed at were very nice, even supportive, in the face of armed, and armored men.

The hotel we stayed at threw up “No Firearms” signs—the day after last chance to cancel with full refund.

Fuck ‘em.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/166803/EADD7888-C0D8-45B1-9EE0-D6B55273AADD-1245006.jpg

You were amazing, brother!  Made quite an impression on the wife. “You’ve never met or talked to this guy before—why does he go out of his way to help?”

She sincerely enjoyed meeting everyone, was seriously heartened by all the brotherhood.  She wasn’t sure how it was going to go down, made sure our wills and final tasks were all laid out in the office before we left.  She just wanted to be counted, and present if it was going to start there.  Complete strangers going out of their way to help the cause went a long way to replacing that “I’m walking into a slaughter” feeling with one that had more hope and a future. We didn’t look it, but we were both scared as fuck about what was going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Will do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do.

He drove us to and from the Omni...picked us up at 0330 in the morning on exfil. I’m not sure he slept for a couple of days.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know there was a lot of discussion last year with these, which caused me to check them out again and the Pro X seems pretty neat but damn is it pricey. I do like that it can interface with ATAK, which could be a handy function.
View Quote
Just be sure you have used the device before Lobby day. Like most electronics, some familiarisation is required. Your group should already be programmed in before you walk on site.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The VCDL sent out an email tonight with several sections relating to Lobby Day. The first couple were about the shenanigans going on with reserving time slots for permitted events. One of them was regarding the recent protest in downtown Richmond that appeared to possibly be in violation of the "no-gun" signs posted in the area:

(emphasis mine) It appears that they are indeed walking the same tightrope as last year of putting just enough of a legal air-gap between themselves and other organizations so as to be able to "work the problem" from different facets. Remember that the ability to have multiple organizations working towards a common goal with back-channel communication is one of the left's main strengths. Pictures from tweet:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnmQEBAWMAAKmNK?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnmQEBAW4AQMVvm?format=jpg&name=small
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Richmond PD explains why it didn't charge a group of armed men who were walking in an area that had been temporarily marked with "no guns" signs.  

The main rationale was that since the individuals did not block sidewalks or traffic, they were not doing anything that would have required a permit.  Thus the "no guns" signs did not apply to that group.

A take-away for those who might want to walk around the Richmond area armed on Lobby Day on January 18, 2021, be sure not to block sidewalks and do not impede traffic.

No sidewalks or traffic?

What else is there?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just be sure you have used the device before Lobby day. Like most electronics, some familiarisation is required. Your group should already be programmed in before you walk on site.
View Quote

It was just something I hadn't thought about since last year since I was primarily relying on ham freqs, and hadn't looked into the gotenna items since they were brought up before last year. It sounded like they worked well and were another tool in the toolbox.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No sidewalks or traffic?

What else is there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sidewalks or traffic?

What else is there?

No BLOCKING sidewalks. So as long as people keep moving, nothing is blocked.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sidewalks or traffic?

What else is there?

It also says that Bank Street is controlled by the state so no permit is required. Bank Street is the street directly in front of the Capitol where most of the people rallied last year.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread has really turned around.  Whiskers, Lex, and Fox, y'all are motivating.

My crew and I will be there, on foot again, and our numbers are growing.  We didn't make the dinner last year or link up with the large chunk of ARFCOM on the day of the rally, but we made friends with some excellent ARF dudes from FL.  They know they have a place to stay the night before this Jan, or whenever they need.  There's no shortage of naysayers that thought last year was a joke on our part, but it gave us a great deal of confidence and got us networking.

Even if our numbers are smaller this time, I imagine they will be of the more resilient type.
View Quote

Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing gets me fired up and going, or my fingers typing, like the opportunity to stand up in front of some tyrants and tell them to FUCK OFF!

A sincere thanks for joining us last time, and thanks again for joining us again!

Patriots are always welcome!  

This is far from being just a Virginia issue.  It has national ramifications.

I’ve said before and will say again:  VA is the test bed.  They are honing their approach, legislative proposals and doing CBA’s on what seats can/ should be bought for best return on their bloombux.

Once they’ve got it figured out, they will apply their new found best practices in every other state.

Again, we Virginians appreciate your support, effort and company!  As goes Virginia, so goes the Republic.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a little slow. But here I am.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Present.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will u come larp with us
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Hai frens
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Will u come larp with us
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will u come larp with us

Of course!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Present.
View Quote

Quoted:
Hai frens
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#22]

I don't know if I'm going to bring an ACOG or a LPVO this year...

Hmm.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#23]
VCDL is looking WEAK on this.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is fine they legally can't organize an open carry event thanks to the Democrats.

Luckily there is no shortage of free like minded men.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hmm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hmm.

I’m similarly tossed up.  

I’m leaning towards thinking a 1X fixed prism might be best for an urban environment.

ETA:  I’m now thinking about rocking an AR pistol just to be extra non-complianty
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That is fine they legally can't organize an open carry event thanks to the Democrats.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

I find myself saying this a lot it seems, but it needs to be repeated.

I’ve said time and again, VCDL is exceptional at what they do.

They exist only in the politics/ lobbying sphere.  That’s it.  That’s their wheelhouse.  Nothing more.  They’re GREAT at it.  They set the bar for state level organizations.  They’ve staved off gun legislation in VA for a long time.  Billions of bloombux have recently led to them losing some battles after 20 years, and only because they’ve been outspent by billions!

That said:
Armed/ full kit rally’s and demonstrations are far out of their purview.  To retain their standing as a legitimate lobbying entity, they HAVE to disassociate from and refrain from promoting those kind of things.

They MUST stay above board.

That also said, as was previously stated, LD is not just VCDL.  This past January brought people from across the country, every demographic and every alliance.

There is plenty of room for VCDL to do their caravan, just as there is also room for those of us that want to be armed, on foot, on the streets.  This is not unlike earlier this year, with those of us on 9th and Bank in kit, with others in suits behind the fence.  Same basic principle.

To bemoan one approach or the other only serves to discourage attendance.  We can’t afford to do that.

With the potential for things to go sideways, coupled with covid bullshit (even some on our side are affected by/ have fear of the WuFlu), the caravan option actually opens up the possibility for more people to attend, and do so within their personal comfort zone (a whole convo can be had on how a caravan offering increased safety is actually a crock, but I digress).

Having a multiple pronged approach, appealing to the widest audience possible is always preferable.

Even if you think the caravan is stupid, it’s best to not harp on that as it may discourage people from attending.  It’s the mirror effect of the douchebags that invaded last years lead-up threads and shit all over everything.

Everyone willing and able should join us, in whatever capacity or role they are comfortable.

I plan to be armed and with my gear on the street.  But I’m not looking down on those who choose to be vehicle borne.  ALL PATRIOTS ARE WELCOME!

We NEED the attendance.  This is not just about Virginia.  This has nationwide ramifications.  VA is the test bed for the Marxist tyrants to hone their plan.  What legislation needs to be proposed, what seats need to be purchased, what timeline to follow, what resistance will they see.  They are doing a CBA on their bloombux investment and looking to see where it pays off best.  Then, they’ll implement those learned best practices in other states.

I guess the ultimate take away is that right now, we need to get people committed to just showing up. There’s plenty of time to hash out the details and logistics around how it should go down.  This isn’t about VCDL.  This is about us, our fellow Patriots and what WE are going to do about it.

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#28]
@WhiskersTheCat

Do we need the gotenna Mesh or the Pro?  I can only find the Mesh in the two pack.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat

Do we need the gotenna Mesh or the Pro?
View Quote

I'm using Mesh. Most everyone else is as well.

Keep in mind you'll need to pair devices with your guys to form groups, otherwise you're just being a repeater or on a shout channel.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Keep in mind you'll need to pair devices with your guys to form groups, otherwise you're just being a repeater or on a shout channel.
View Quote

I only vaguely remember the SB leadership setting theirs up to form groups on the morning of lobby day. How tedious / lengthy is that? Like 5 seconds or 5 minutes?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I only vaguely remember the SB leadership setting theirs up to form groups on the morning of lobby day. How tedious / lengthy is that? Like 5 seconds or 5 minutes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1-2 minutes I'd say.

Edit: I'm going to say five to ten minutes actually because there's a 90% chance you'll have guys who have never used them before asking other guys to set them up or guys say "oh bro did you already pair the gotennas bro come on bro let me get in on that"

Edit 2: I'm thinking there will be like ten of those guys so let's say fifteen to twenty minutes. The actual process is easy, as mentioned, maybe a minute. What is not easy is getting a gathering of individualists to do something at the same time and follow direction/ guidance
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Sup?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sup?
View Quote

Oh hello sir
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sup?
View Quote

‘Bout damn time you showed up
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#35]
From the HTF lobby day thread, looks like the Marxists did, intentionally, brazenly and unconstitutionally violate our 1A rights by fucking over VCDL’s permit.

Regulations for Capitol Square

K. Applications for Permits may be submitted up to 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event. The Department will deny Permit applications submitted more than 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event.

This was definitely not a mistake.  Earlier in the thread, it was posted that MDA and other related twattish orgs had been granted permits well in advance of 6 months...  

I would imagine this is something that would be something that could be sued over?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sup?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would imagine this is something that would be something that could be sued over?
View Quote

It’s worth checking into.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any attorneys in the house care to opine?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From the HTF lobby day thread, looks like the Marxists did, intentionally, brazenly and unconstitutionally violate our 1A rights by fucking over VCDL’s permit.

Regulations for Capitol Square

K. Applications for Permits may be submitted up to 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event. The Department will deny Permit applications submitted more than 180 days in advance of the date of the proposed Event.

This was definitely not a mistake.  Earlier in the thread, it was posted that MDA and other related twattish orgs had been granted permits well in advance of 6 months...  

View Quote

I don't think those draft regulation changes were ever enacted, and even if they were the date is August 2020 so would not have been in effect in January/February/March when groups were making applications.

The current regs are here: https://law.lis.virginia.gov/admincode/title1/agency30/chapter100/section10/ and don't include an explicit 180 day limit.

The proposed regulation may show evidence though of the 180 day limit being used prior to the revision as a matter of practice, even if not in the regs.

I don't know enough about VA reg challenges and whether FOIAs could dig up how these permits were processed, approved, and whether the 180 day limit was used in practice. I hope VCDLs lawyers are working on that, can't imagine they are not.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I've wondered a few times if the VCDL could sue for injunctive relief and why they haven't yet, but I think their most recent statements explain why they aren't going that route (yet) - if they did get a permit, they'd have to then fight the "no guns at permitted events" ordinance. By "going rogue" and not getting a permit, and as long as the activities of the day don't "rise to the level of requiring a permit", then that provision does not apply to them. They can side-step that whole issue for the time being and focus their efforts on other issues that have more widespread impacts. Thanks to the recent militia protest and the police's statement in response, we even have some precedent to show that the police agreed with that interpretation of the ordinance (not that past police interpretations hold much weight as precedent, but still).
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Just a heads up for folks looking into Gotenna Mesh:

Amazon still has them @ $107/pair vs the regular $179/pair, and Gotenna also has them at that 40% off on their own website with the code:
MESH4THEHOLIDAYS

The Gotenna website states the 40% off code will be valid until 12/4. I'm guessing that's when the price on Amazon will bump back up to the regular $179 as well. Amazon delivered my order yesterday.

P.S.
Unfortunately, the 40% off doesn't apply to the Pro/Pro X versions.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Amazon still has them @ $107/pair vs the regular $179/pair, and Gotenna also has them at that 40% off on their own website with the code:
MESH4THEHOLIDAYS

The Gotenna website states the 40% off code will be valid until 12/4. I'm guessing that's when the price on Amazon will bump back up to the regular $179 as well.
View Quote

Thanks, in for a set directly from goTenna.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MESH4THEHOLIDAYS

The Gotenna website states the 40% off code will be valid until 12/4. I'm guessing that's when the price on Amazon will bump back up to the regular $179 as well.

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
Me too.
View Quote

Nice. Our record last year was either five or six nodes. (Repeaters hit to deliver the message)
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nice. Our record last year was either five or six nodes. (Repeaters hit to deliver the message)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Me too.

We'll see if we can top that this time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Me too.

I’m gonna order a set tonight.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Inb4 10 nodes
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just a heads up for folks looking into Gotenna Mesh:

MESH4THEHOLIDAYS

The Gotenna website states the 40% off code will be valid until 12/4. I'm guessing that's when the price on Amazon will bump back up to the regular $179 as well. Amazon delivered my order yesterday.

P.S.
Unfortunately, the 40% off doesn't apply to the Pro/Pro X versions.
View Quote

How do you even buy a pro version?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like they want you to contact them directly to figure out what your needs are, and they will tailor a setup for you. Plus with the pro it uses frequencies under Part 90, so licensing would be required for set freqs. I'm not sure if that would still be covered by a certain groups freq's if they ever wanted an option such as that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Inb4 10 nodes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Inb4 10 nodes

@DK-Prof are we allowed to make your mom jokes here? Because he just set the ball.... Also, same sun glasses or new?
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top